Poll: Which will be better; Batman Arkham City or L.A. Noire?

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
O.k, I know the two games are completely unrelated, but I was having a conversation and my brothers seem to think Batman will be better, but I think L.A Noire. What do you think?

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I didn't care for Batman: Arkham Asylum, but loved Red Dead Redemption. So I'm guessing L.A Noire will be better. That said, the latter's 'investigation' parts of gameplay sound like a bit of an unknown; it could fall flat on its face.

VZLANemesis

Jan 29, 2009
Guns vs. Gadgets...
I'd go with batman any day... then I'd sell it and buy the other.
Just me though.

Marmal4de

Apr 4, 2010
As much as I love Arkham Asylum I'm looking forward to L.A. Noire more. Sequels to beloved games are usually a safe bet, but L.A. Noire looks like it's shaping up to be a real breath of fresh air.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I'm looking forward to LA Noire more. I really liked Arkham Asylum, but something about LA Noire really makes me interested.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Arkham Asylum was mind numbingly mediocre, so I'm going to go with LA Noire.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
You're asking a question on a bad premise. Arkham City is a known Quantity but L.A. Noire is a big unknown. I like what I've seen of it so far but for all it's attempts to be a GTA3 it might just end up a Godfather.

Going with Arkham City.

Okuu_Fusion

Jul 14, 2010
I'm going with L.A. Noire...

Since sequels rarely live up to the original... Not that Arkham City won't, I hope its a thousand time better than Asylum... But Noire has been in the works for 5+ years... Whether or not either is better than each other, I'm buying both...

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
He's the god damn Batman!!! As long as they still have Mark Hamill as the Joker, this will be even better than Arkham Asylum.

However, that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to LA Noire :D

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
Radeonx said:
Arkham Asylum was mind numbingly mediocre
How so? I quite enjoyed stalking my prey in the stealth parts and beating the crap out of bad guys in the more violent ones. Plus the voice acting is great.

I will give you the boss battles though.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
arkham city for me. i don't really like how rockstar games play. they don't feel right to me. i also think the whole investigation aspect of LA could fuck up, i see me getting zompletely fucked trying to find 1 clue which messes me up, so i dunno.

i really enjoyed arkham asylum though, so pretty hyped for the sequel.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
JackandTom said:
O.k, I know the two games are completely unrelated, but I was having a conversation and my brothers seem to think Batman will be better, but I think L.A Noire. What do you think?
lol How dare you say Batman < LA Noire. Your avatar is very ashamed of you

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
BoredDragon said:
Radeonx said:
Arkham Asylum was mind numbingly mediocre
How so? I quite enjoyed stalking my prey in the stealth parts and beating the crap out of bad guys in the more violent ones. Plus the voice acting is great.

I will give you the boss battles though.
It got monotonous quick, the boss battles were bad, and overall, it wasn't as fun as it could have been.
Yes, you can do stealth maneuvers, but that isn't enough to make it good.

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
BoredDragon said:
JackandTom said:
lol How dare you say Batman < LA Noire. Your avatar is very ashamed of you
I still worship Batman! But I think L.A. Noire MAY be slightly better....