Poll: Which Zelda game should I play first?

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
ToonLink said:
Wind Waker. Possibly one of the best Zelda games in history.
You may be slightly biased. *looks at name and avatar*

Slightly.

But I'll going to play them all. Well, maybe not MM, because I fucking hate time limits.
I have no idea what your talking about. *shifty eyes left to right*

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Furburt said:
Ocarina Of Time. Start with the best, in my opinion.
Listen to the man with the ever changing Bruce Campbell avatar.

Majora's Mask is a good follow up to OoT.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Furburt said:

but...but...Time limits! TIME LIMITS!

How the fuck does that work anyway?!

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
The oracle games sucked..... but you get to keep your possible man hood for playing the original

play ocarina of time, then majoras mask, dont touch wind waker, and possible play twilight princess if you are desperate

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Get some Ocarina of Time in you boy!! Then follow that up with a lovely course of Majora's Mask.

nicolexlikesxsheep

Aug 18, 2009
Ocarina of Time. That was my first Zelda experience and I've been hooked ever since. And I agree with everyone else that came before me that it was the best.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Furburt said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Furburt said:

Don't worry, I like this one, I'll stick with it. The first one wasn't great.
Dude. It's Bruce Campbell.

It was nothing shy of perfect.

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
Verbal Samurai said:
You should start at the beginning...The Legend of Zelda (NES).

Then, skip over Zelda 2: A Failed Experiment (NES) and go directly to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES).

From there, skip Zelda 4: Fluffykin Hugsalot's Cel-Shading Extravaganza (Gamecube) while also forgetting the existence of it's bastard younger brother, and go straight to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and ending with Twilight Princess.

$0.02
damn youve got a terribly weak 2 cents

first off, just because you suck at zelda 2, doesnt mean its bad

and second, just because you think link should be a space marine, doesnt mean WW isnt bad (its better than OoT and TP combined, foo)

Onyx Oblivion said:
It pretty much unanimous for Ocarina of Time, it seems. Now, if only I didn't have to use the ridiculously uncomfortable GC controller...Fuck you, Nintendo, and your oddly shaped contollers.

I'll give it a whirl, if I don't like it and/or find its graphics have aged EXTREMELY TERRIBLY, I'll go with Wind Waker. As its different. And the sailing can't be worse than PH.
dude, what? the GC controller is one of the most comfortable controllers ever made! the only problem you might have is the button setup that was used for the n64 controller being on the GC controller

Onyx Oblivion said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Furburt said:

the time limits are nothing, you can even slow them down, it adds intensity to the game

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
well if you're gonna play all of them you better play the one with awful graphics first.

you don't wanna start of with twilight princess working youre way to OOT,graghic devolution.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Furburt said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Dude. It's Bruce Campbell.

It was nothing shy of perfect.
Yes, but this one is perfect-er.

[sub]that isn't a word...[/sub]
Then we'll have to... *ehem* "Negotiate" with some of the fellas down at Webster's Dictionary.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Furburt said:

Alright then, allow me to rephrase.

Buy The Majora's Mask strategy guide and THEN play through Majora's Mask, as I recall it being hard as fuck.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Ocarina of Time. That way you can judge every other game as "not as good as Ocarina of time".

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Nazulu said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
It pretty much unanimous for Ocarina of Time, it seems. Now, if only I didn't have to use the ridiculously uncomfortable GC controller...Fuck you, Nintendo, and your oddly shaped contollers.

I'll give it a whirl, if I don't like it and/or find its graphics have aged EXTREMELY TERRIBLY, I'll go with Wind Waker. As its different. And the sailing can't be worse than PH.
It might be one of those things you need to adjust to, the blocky graphics and movement I mean.
This is why I'll always prefer hand-drawn or 2D or stylized games. The graphics age well.

Who would dare call these ugly:

Well judge it now. I actually prefer this 3D world, especially the temples.

here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-jQuZmQYE > main screen

Verbal Samurai

Dec 2, 2009
hcig said:
Verbal Samurai said:
You should start at the beginning...The Legend of Zelda (NES).

Then, skip over Zelda 2: A Failed Experiment (NES) and go directly to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES).

From there, skip Zelda 4: Fluffykin Hugsalot's Cel-Shading Extravaganza (Gamecube) while also forgetting the existence of it's bastard younger brother, and go straight to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and ending with Twilight Princess.

$0.02
damn youve got a terribly weak 2 cents

first off, just because you suck at zelda 2, doesnt mean its bad

and second, just because you think link should be a space marine, doesnt mean WW isnt bad (its better than OoT and TP combined, foo)
WOW! You sure are trying to put an awful lot of words in my mouth.

I never said Zelda II was too hard. I just said I didn't like it.

I also never said I wanted Link to be a "Space Marine." I only said I didn't like the way they made him look like the long-lost member of the Powder Puff Girls.

So do us all a favor and stop brandishing your mighty and marvelous powers of assumption and imputation.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Start with OOT and work your way down, Believe me, the downgrade in graphics and smooth controlling will make you skip out on the classics if you do it in any other order.