Poll: WHIRLPOOL: A Baby, Pregnant Lady And Your Boy/Girlfriend Are Drowning. Which One Do You Save?

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
The title says it all: You only have one chance to save one of them. No one can save any of them but you.

[HEADING=1]WHOM DO YOU SAVE???[/HEADING]

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
My girlfriend

Because no one will appreciate my meme autism as much as her

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Do we have to save any of them? Can't we just lay back and enjoy the whirlpool?

But in all reality I'd probably just return my Shellder to its pokeball and negate the attack. Save them all and hope they learn not to call Shelldar Shelly McShelly

Mar 26, 2008
I WANT to say the baby; but in all honesty the betrayal in my wife's eyes as she got submerged below the surface would haunt me to my dying day. So, I'm going to save her.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
My gut says baby. Pregnant lady's baby might not make it, especially after going through the ordeal of almost drowning. My hypothetical significant other should be able to save herself.
So my plan would be save the baby, feel sorry for the preggers lady, and blame my significant other's death on their shitty swimming ability

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Programmed_For_Damage said:
I WANT to say the baby; but in all honesty the betrayal in my wife's eyes as she got submerged below the surface would haunt me to my dying day. So, I'm going to save her.
Dude, think of how she would feel knowing you sacrificed a baby for her to live. Could your relationship handle that pressure?
(Note, I meant "dude" in the non gendered colloquial way, I'm not assuming you are a dude)

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Baffle2 said:
My girlfried, but that's really going to upset my wife.
I hope your wife isn't the lady with the baby because that's bad karma whatever you do.

Mar 26, 2008
DrownedAmmet said:
Programmed_For_Damage said:
Dude, think of how she would feel knowing you sacrificed a baby for her to live. Could your relationship handle that pressure?
(Note, I meant "dude" in the non gendered colloquial way, I'm not assuming you are a dude)
Correct assumption on the dude ;-)
Actually I know my wife and to her familial loyalty is paramount (which I understand but don't necessarily agree with) so as much as she'd have guilt over me letting it die I think she'd be o.k with it in the long run. If anything it would eat away at me over time.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
My dog to be honest...I don't care about the stranger. I mean she could have put my dog in the whirlpool in the first place!

P.S: Thanks for doing this thread it made me feel better after a cruddy day.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Ezekiel said:
The baby and the stranger carrying it die.

Babies don't have a soul until a few months after their birth. They're pieces of meat who aren't gonna remember anything anyway.
Pretty sure they're gonna remember dying. And I don't think I've ever seen someone say Babies don't have souls. And its making me smirk.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Basement Cat said:
I hope your wife isn't the lady with the baby because that's bad karma whatever you do.
Be even worse if my wife was the baby.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
My boyfriend, because I love him. I don't love the random stranger or the random baby. And because I'm a selfish creature.

Seeing this thread made my day! Keep up the good work good sir!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
A baby might be easier to lift out of a whirlpool. OTOH, CPR is hard to do on babies, IIRC.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
But ... what if your girlfriend is pregnant? Then you'd be saving your SO, a pregnant woman and a baby all at once.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
Well, I don't like the sound of babies. It's like daggers in my ears. Pregnant women are almost as bad. I'm saving my wife. Of the three choices, she's the only one that's pleasant to be around.