Poll: Who Do You Think is Best RPGs Between Bioware, Square Enix, and Bethesda?

HusaneFatal

Mar 19, 2008
Pretty simple which one of these companies do you think makes the best RPGs in your opinion?

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Errrr...Obsidian.

I've never played a Square Enix RPG or a Bioware RPG.

And Bethesda "RPGs" barely have any choice in them, at least the last two really dropped the ball, and I'm still on the fence about Skyrim.

Smallfry

Aug 6, 2010
Square Enix makes JRPG's. I do not like JRPG's. For me it's a toss-up between the remaining two. But I'll pick Bioware because Mass Effect was one of the best games I'd ever played.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
Though BioWare is quite awesome, I'm going to give my vote to Bethesda. It's simply a matter of personal taste. Square Enix doesn't even come close to BioBeth. BethBio? BioEsda? BethWare?

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
It's between Bioware and Bethesda. I prefer Bioware's character creation and they have great characters and dialogue (although at the same time some's just terrible), but Bethesda has damn well developed open worlds (and there are some pretty great characters in Fallout 3 as well). Damn... Tough one...

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
HusaneFatal said:
Pretty simple which one of these companies do you think makes the best RPGs in your opinion?
I'm torn between Square and Bioware. Both so good. So very, very good.

Bethesda's never really done it for me. **shrug**

If I had to put another company up there, it would be Atlus.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Bioware makes a great story. Bethesda makes a great world to explore. Since RPG for me is dicking about and finding out what kind of character I am playing through what I choose, Bethesda gets it from me.

DrPhilly

Sep 2, 2010
ChupathingyX said:
Errrr...Obsidian.

I've never played a Square Enix RPG or a Bioware RPG.

And Bethesda "RPGs" barely have any choice in them, at least the last two really dropped the ball, and I'm still on the fence about Skyrim.
You've clearly never played Obsidian, Morrowind, Fallout 3, or Fallout: New Vegas. All of those have TONS of choice in them. You can even chose if you just want to massacre everybody or be the nicest little goody-two-shoes, and pretty much everywhere in between.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Bioware. All three companies make the same game over and over again, and I like Bioware's one game the most.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
You really shouldnt include Square in this since They Do JRPG maby put Obsidien instead?

OT: My vote is for Bethsteda

Telasro

Apr 29, 2010
Personally, I think they focus on different aspects of RPGs and are fairly hard to compare as a result. Different types of games and gameplay appeal to different people, and saying which style is "best" seems like a fairly narrow minded way of looking at it. I personally tend to not play Square Enix games as much and only relatively recently got into Bioware games. This doesn't mean that Square Enix games are bad, they just don't appeal to me as much as the other two do.

DrunkenGrognard

Jun 16, 2011
Nippon Ichi. Disgaea, La Pucelle, Rhapsody... awesome games.

And if strategy RPGs are declared to not count as RPGs by the standards of this survey, Game Arts for Grandia and Lunar.

Of the three presented by the OP, I'd have to go with Bioware, but mostly because I'm quite disgusted with what Squeenix has done lately.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
DrPhilly said:
You've clearly never played Obsidian, Morrowind, Fallout 3, or Fallout: New Vegas. All of those have TONS of choice in them. You can even chose if you just want to massacre everybody or be the nicest little goody-two-shoes, and pretty much everywhere in between.
And you obviously have no idea that Obsidian made New Vegas, not Bethesda.

And no, Fallout 3 and Oblivion barely had any choice, especially Oblivion which forced you to be Martin's little errand boy for the main quest and you could join every single guild without conflicting problems (something Morrowind did well) and you couldn't even properly define your character through dialogue. Plus because of the way the levelling works you can become a mage/warrior and thief with enough grind.

Fallout 3 also didn't give you enough choice in the main quest, and whenever that game did give you choice it almost always boiled down to black/white morality. Then of course there's the fact that the Lone Wanderer in F3 has way too much backstory, most of which you can't even change; why can't I join the Tunnel Snakes, why can't I hate my Dad and have him hate me back, why does Amata have to be my love interest? Plus there is just way too much information given to you that it didn't even feel like I was creating my own role.

gruggins

Apr 24, 2011
oh god i really dont know.
well bioware for me has been loosing some steam lately. and i didn't really like ff14..
skyrim looks promising so i think that might just be enough to sway me towards the bethesda side of things...

but then again, deus ex...

captcha: tinglia briefly

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Squeenix is on my Shit List since they created FF12 (Please Versus XIII, prove me wrong!) and Bioware is starting to slow down a little bit and learn bad habits (Such as the constant pushbacks, but I will defend that by saying they are hard working people and they stand up for quality gaming; bless them). Right now I am most excited for Skyrim, a Bethesda product, so I will have to vote Bethesda. Sorry Bioware, I still love your games above most other games, but Skyrim takes the gold this year and im measuring whats to come, not what has come (Otherwise it would be a 50/50 and I would be stuck here for a few hours thinking it over).