Poll: Who Here Has Played Bastion?

ComandaKool

Jun 5, 2011
Just a simple question of whether or not you have the played the game or not; feel free to discuss your thoughts on it too.

I myself have it on XBLA and think it is a great indie game from SuperGiant Games that plays really well.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I got it on steam . I currently have 7 steam games , 1 of which was free ( portal ) a second that was gifted to me ( limbo ) . I am primarily a console videogame connoisseur ( i ain't no fucking gamer ). I got it on sale for like 2.50 $. It was a cute little indie game . Worth the 2 bucks . Wouldn't have payed more for it though , i'm cheap like that .

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
No, and I don't plan to. I can see the appeal of it, but I have enough of a backlog of games I'd rather play, and future releases that I'll more likely want to play.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Yep, I played it and loved every second of it. The graphics are gorgeous, the soundtrack is fantastic, the gameplay is simple but visceral and the presentation is brilliant, with the world building itself as you step forward. Its story is great, and narrated by a man who possesses one of the most wonderful voices ever.

So yeah, I'm a fan. Very glad I picked it up in a Humble Bundle, and because of it I can't wait for Transistor. Hopefully SuperGiant can make the magic happen again.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
I played it for 7 hours straight and loved it. Sadly I stopped playing so I could go to bed.
Never touched it since.
Actually I rarely finish games to my friends annoyance.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Meeee!

I liked it.

Actual gameplay/combat was a bit meh, but not bad. Everything else was excellent.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
I tried to. The narrator's voice started to grate on me. So I just gave up. The gameplay wasn't really doing much for me either.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
Yes. And I loved it the whole way through, it's just such a great little game. Part of the reason why I played it (and why I love it so much) was because by the time I got the game, I felt like I "knew" the devs, after hearing so many interviews and watching their "Building the Bastion" special as they develop the game. As I played through the game, I could see their faces and think hey, that guy made this, hey that girl made this, etc.

That definetely made the game feel like it was made by actual people, and not 300 faceless AAA developers.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Yup. Good story when you get into it and nice number of weapons to keep the gameplay a little bit different.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I tried to play it, but when the main thing people talk about(the music) keeps cutting out I felt like I wasn't getting the full experience and stopped

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Yeah! Great game. Played it AND interviewed sound director Darren Korb (nice guy). One of the best games I've played in a long time, actually.

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
SomebodyNowhere said:
I tried to play it, but when the main thing people talk about(the music) keeps cutting out I felt like I wasn't getting the full experience and stopped
That is super unfortunate.

OT: I loved this game. I got it during the Steam sale and have already beaten it. It's an indie game done right. My favorite part is how the story was actually driven by the main character and we knew literally nothing about what happened at the beginning of the game. I was really impressed.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
I own it and I've played it. I do like it, but I don't love it. My enjoyment with the game is very short lived and I can only play it for maybe 30 minutes at a time. I do have a few hours invested in the game at this point though (I think around 6 or so), so I can't say it is bad either. There is just something about it, that doesn't hold my interest for very long.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Perhaps my favourite indie game ever. Absolutely loved it and played it 3 times. Loved the narrator, loved the art style, loved the music, loved the story, and the combat is so satisfying.

I also got the achievements for it. If you want insanity, do all the "Who Knows Where" challenges with all 10 idols active. Oh my bleeding wrists!

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
I have it, but the gameplay didn't grab me, so I haven't played beyond the introductory area.

EeviStev

Mar 2, 2011
I've played it and finished it. I might even New Game Plus it (I rarely finish games, let alone NG+). I loved toying around with different weapon/ability/tonic/shrine combinations. The various challenges provide plenty of things to do and rewards to earn, too. Also, if Logan Cunningham (narrator) were to record and sell bedtime stories "on tape" he'd cure insomnia, worldwide and overnight (as well as earning the equivalent of the GDP of Mexico).

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Yes, and really enjoyed it. The story isn't super deep but more then works for this type of game and the ending sequence is nicely done, particulary the one part at the very end(people who've beaten the game know which part I'm talking about). I usually describe the game as "Legend of Zelda as a sci-fi/fantasy western....in the sky".

You do have to decide which weapons you want to specialize to fully upgrade to get the most out of it, but the variety is very nice.

Also, it's one of the few games I bought the soundtrack to just because it was so well done. Escpecially the final song that combines "I'm coming home" and "Build that wall".

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Played the demo for it a while ago, but while it was a great game, I just had no fun playing it.

Got me to buy the soundtrack though. That soundtrack is fantastic.

And it was interesting enough for me to be a little excited about SG's next game too.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Normally I'm cynical about indie games, but Bastion is one of the best games ever made.