Poll: Who here prefers Video Games to Sex?

Mar 26, 2008
I can't believe the video games is so damn close in the poll. It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. As much as I love video games, I'd even take a five minute quicky over a lengthy video game session any day.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
"A little of both. Never vanilla sex though, it gets boring after a while."

Says me (in the far future), but who's currently a minor.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Whichever one I have done less recently.
For me, sex isn't about fun, it's about enabling myself to think rationally for another day.
The less regularly I get action, the more clouded my mind is, and humanity needs my mind.
As a result, humanity needs me to have sex.

@The OP: Could you edit the poll to include options for Virgin, and I like em' both, why choose?
I'm seeing them pop up a lot in the thread, and the poll should reflect these opinions.

ChaosMine

Jan 12, 2011
In videogames, you just get entertained. In sex, you need to work and try to get both side entertained.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
lisadagz said:
A couple of my boyfriends seemed more interested in their computer games when I was wiggling my naked butt at them from the bedroom *grumblegrumble*amIreallythatunattractive*grumble*.
If a girl were doing that in my direction, my pants would be off before my computer monitor.

OT: Well now, it's not every day we actually get an interesting question like this on The Escapist. Though I imagine there are a fair few people in the "foreveralone.jpg" court around here, so the results may be skewed a bit...

Anyway. I think it depends on the type of sex we're talking about, personally. Random sex with strangers, no, I'd rather have video games. Sex with the lady I'm currently seeing and/or in love with? Yeah, I'll turn the game off.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
I voted sex because I still have the whole kinky spectrum of shit* to explore. Meanwhile I have experienced practically all the key genres and sub-genres games have to offer and only a minuscule amount of them achieve anywhere close to the euphoria that sex can have.

So, sorry sony, mircrosoft, nintendo and valve... but unless you really step up to plate, the vagina is by far the superior platform for me. It's miles ahead in terms of interactivity, mechanics can be a bit naff, but once you get the hang of them it's a pleasure.

That said, I hope that such an event where I would have to choose 1 or the other, will never happen.

*"Shit" as in stuff... I'm not a fecalphiliac, that and other taboos are of no interest to me.

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
Well, for the sake of passing on my game-loving genes, I'd like to say I'd quit videogames in favour of sex. On the other hand, though, I have certainly had more fun with videogames than I ever had with sex (also compare time spent: >1000 hours on videogames vs. <50 hours of sex - foreplay not included, but might as well...).

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
lisadagz said:
A couple of my boyfriends seemed more interested in their computer games when I was wiggling my naked butt at them from the bedroom *grumblegrumble*amIreallythatunattractive*grumble*.
Maybe they were playing Halo and copping an eyeful of Cortana's arse... -_- Or ME2 and Miranda Lawson... too much sculpted arse in modern games! =P

OT:

Spinozaad said:
Sex.

Games are fun, but sex is better. The graphics, the gameplay, the whole experience.
Yeah, pretty much that... but I'll add the audio, the physical feedback and basically infinite replayability rather add to it, I think...(!!)

Multiplayer can be pretty awesome too if you ever get the chance/right people!

Yeah, I'll slink away now... -_-

felbot

May 11, 2011
well if I could have awesome sex all the time then sure id pick that, if it wasn't then, meh, besides id probably be a horrible boyfriend so it wouldnt last very long and id just go back to playing video games.

i really should have voted games.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
1. Paint your penis to look like a Wii remote
2. Stream Footage from the internet to your TV of Wii gameplay (preferably Wii sports especially the tennis game).
3. ???
4. Profit

Gaming and sex all rolled up in to one tiny package of pleasure.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
Well I'm an asexual so my vote's superfluous, but I'll try to think of ways one's better than the other.

[GAMES] If you fuck up you can always reload a save, If you stick the dongle into the wrong port it doesn't matter, If you have children in a game and decide to kill them you don't have to find a black guy to blame it on, A game's easier to start up, You can do it with your little sister and not wind up on a list, If you fall asleep right after a gaming session you don't called an asshole, And unexpected rumbling in your hand is welcomed.

[SEX] It's a good source of exercise, It propagates the species, It helps prevent prostate cancer, It can promote mental well being, You can use it to get back at your parents, It helps blood pressure, it relaxes so you can get a full restful nights' sleep, it increases dopamine and serotonin in your brain, The music about it is better, And lastly it's cheaper.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
sex is very much overhyped and overrated. games are much better. cleaner. no emotional baggage. no commitment. you can play whatever you want. you can play as long as you want, and stop whenever you're satisfied. you can play as many different games as you want and no one will bat an eye at you. you can stop playing a game whenever you want and no one will care. you can refuse to play a game whenever you want no one will be offended or suspicious. the list goes on.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
This thread is funny.

I don't even feel like adding anything. I just wanted to say that this thread and the replies in it made me lol.

Ok, I guess I have to add something. So I'm going with neither, and taking Tyrannosaurus taming. If I could tame then ride a Tyrannosaurus, well then screw everyone and everything else.

Feb 22, 2009
I voted sex but I reckon sex is easier to get tired of than games. Games are less fun but you can have fun with them for longer/more often.