Poll: Who here prefers Video Games to Sex?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
SweetShark said:
Strazdas said:
SweetShark said:
What.
My friend, why you think this is disgusting? You must always show to your girlfriend how much you love her. Heck, I dare to say make-out is the best part of the sex.
So spreading disgusting saliva into eachother is a sign of love? you make me sick.
makeout and kissing are different things.
Why the heck you think is the saliva of your sex partner disgusting? Are you telling me you don't dare to let your sex partner lick you in general?
why would anyone find it not disgusting? while french kills is almost the most disgusting thing, licking is the most disgusting thing.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Strazdas said:
SweetShark said:
Strazdas said:
SweetShark said:
What.
My friend, why you think this is disgusting? You must always show to your girlfriend how much you love her. Heck, I dare to say make-out is the best part of the sex.
So spreading disgusting saliva into eachother is a sign of love? you make me sick.
makeout and kissing are different things.
Why the heck you think is the saliva of your sex partner disgusting? Are you telling me you don't dare to let your sex partner lick you in general?
why would anyone find it not disgusting? while french kills is almost the most disgusting thing, licking is the most disgusting thing.
Sorry for saying that, but when I lick my sex partner chest and after that she lick my private place, I don't think I will have time to think how disgusting really is.

Heck, if you think about it, MANY things in this world are disgusting if you over-analyze them.
For example the meat that we always eat. Some people just happen to see some details that don't feel good about these and decided to become vegetarians or.
But I don't think so deep for many things cause I think in the end I will go crazy for every single problem I find.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Strazdas said:
I bet your absolutly amazing in bed/sarcasm

seriously though.....somtimes it doesnt matter...in fact I think I heard peoples disgust impulses go down when they are aroused

iAmNothing

Feb 22, 2012
Genuinely a tough question..

On one hand, I like sex.
On the other hand, I like video games.

Sex can feel great and it's nice to know that someone will let you be that close to them.
But video games are always available and have a wider variety of things you can do on them.

I'm gonna have to go with video games being better than sex simply because it doesn't matter so much if I'm bad at video games as they don't judge me and end up thinking about their ex-boyfriends and make me feel self conscious

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
If, just for a second here, we're talking about some silly scenario where it's one or the other continuously for an arbitrarily large amount of time, then video games (because really, after a seriously extended session and both parties are simply physically exhausted... It's kinda silly to force yourselves to go further haha).

But for my vote, I considered the more likely scenario of "TriGGeR_HaPPy, are you gonna keep playing Skyrim, or are you gonna come to bed?ifyouknowwhatimean.jpg" In this case of course I'm going to, *ahem*, join her in bed.

For the most part though, I'm not sure this needs to be a question at all. As others have pointed out, the 2 are very different. It's akin to asking "who here prefers eating an orange to driving a car?"
Because, well, you may like oranges, and you may like driving, but there's no real reason at all to truly think about which one you prefer.
I mean, videogames and sex... Different times and places for both. Heh, as a general rule at least.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Eh... Sex is more stimulating in the tactile/emotional sense, but games are more stimulating on the mental/intellectual levels levels... I'd say if I had to be restricted to one, it would be games.

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
SweetShark said:
Why don't you let the girl play the videogame and you have the real fun?
A good example is Raven Riley and her Halo videogame.

google it, I am lazy to post
For sure, it's been fun the other way round as well. And it's probably a good thing you were too lazy to post, linking that might have got you into a bit of trouble with the mods :p ... I reckon she's still missing a trick, though, the fun is trying to concentrate on the game while your partner's got his hands down your pants, not just having it on in the background.

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
While I think videogames are the best form of entertainment we currently have, I still wouldn't choose them over sex.
Think about it, even if you abandon games, you still have books, films, music, etc. But if you abandon sex, there is no real alternative there, I would be sad to never be able to play games again, and it would be strange to get used to only using uninteractive mediums, but I reckon my sadness would easily be swept away, by some form of sexual interaction.

Also, people who chose games should really factor in, with videogames you put together the perfect experience, which is much harder to achieve with sex. You play games you want, you like, which gives you exactly what you desire, and of course it lasts longer. But with sex, this is harder to achieve, even if you have a constant partner.
If however sex would be so easy to arrange perfectly, (like with games where you just put in your favourite game and play it for hours), so you could choose who to have it with, what do you want to do, for how long etc. multiple times a day I think videogames would probably have only a few votes left.

I'm not implying choosing games is by any means a wrong decision, just saying that the results would be drastically one sided if people could have as much awesome sex, as much as they play awesome games.

Harley Q

Oct 11, 2009
Rose and Thorn said:
disgruntledgamer said:
If you need to to chose between the two you're doing it wrong.

Rose and Thorn said:
Truth is most nights I would PREFER to play video games.
That does not mean I don't enjoy sex, I just enjoy video games over sex.
I like you and I don't mean to criticize, but your BF seriously needs to take notes and follow your instructions better. If I had a GF that preferred to play video games over having sex I would seriously do everything I could to change that.
I am single and have been for 6 months, so no one needs to worry about taking notes and pleasing me, I only need to worry about pleasing myself. :)

I also agreed with you about the "if you have to choose both you are doing it wrong" thing!
I respect both of you right now. Dear Rose and Thorn, I fear you may suddenly be the recipient of many email stating simply "Challenge Accepted"

Back to the Sex or Games issue... it's a matter of quality, in all aspects.

sam13lfc

Oct 29, 2008
The ability/drive to have sex won't last forever...but god dammit I'll be playing games on my deathbed

Gotta be games!

Pharsalus

Jun 16, 2011
lisadagz said:
Pharsalus said:
No you can't, ever tried getting a BJ while playing CoD? You can't really get hard and your K/D will plummet.
A... uh... friend... who tried this... didn't have a problem with it functioning well and said it actually made him play better. It was Gears of War, not CoD, though. Try that one.

Or, yehknow, he might have been lying in the hopes that the positive attitude would lead to more blow jobs.
It's possible, I suppose, I guess it might depend on some coefficient between the difficulty of the game and the quality of the head, or you could could just give your lady the proper attention for a while and then play your game...