Poll: Who here still plays GTA Online?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I am. More than I thought I would; I don't play online that much and after losing my first character I didn't think I'd go back to it. I'm glad I did. It's the Creator tool. I've been enjoying the weird things people come up with, especially crazy stunt runs. I myself have made a few Tom Waits themed jobs people seem to like. Now they're expanding it for Capture jobs this week. I already got some ideas. There's a bunch of other updates coming soon too.

The problem is that some of the people in my crew don't really play anymore. So I'm looking to expand. We're a mature group of players, not into greifing or glitching. We play a lot of different jobs (missions, races, deathmatches, survivals) and most of us are on the ps3. A lot of my freeroam time is spent driving off things...occasionally to my death. We usually play after midnight EST. We don't care what sex, age, race, religion, orientation, or anything else. We just don't want pricks.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/savethezombies

So does anyone here like it? Did anyone here, like me, put it down for a while because of the disastrous launch? And if like me you took a break from it while they work out the bugs, check it out again, you may be as impressed as I am.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I started again last week in anticipation of needing some funds to drop on the various new content the spring updates will bring.

Prior to that, it was many many months since I had touched it.

I have to agree with you, there are lots of minor refinements which when listed individually seem insignificant, yet add up to be an immeasurably more fluid gameplay experience. The only key issues now which I could see being a barrier to re-entry is a lack of new PvE content (Lots of great user created PvP content, if that's your bag though) and the occasional lobby which is populated entirely by sociopaths (With emphasis on occasional, I think I've encountered one since returning).

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
I played a couple of times, but it wasn't for me. Too many assholes trying to murder me for no reason in the sandbox mode, and most of the missions are basically deathmatches, which I've always found pointless.

I might try it again when heists are introduced, as those were the most fun part of the single player. Really, they should have been in Online from the beginning.

A3sir

Mar 25, 2010
I quickly ran out of things to do and haven't played in about 6 months

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I play it nearly every day. I am having great fun! It is always something to do, and I am looking forward to the spring updates!

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
I'm still working my way through IV and the single-player campaign of V, but I'll be rejoining online once the heists are installed and my friends come back. I just don't have much fun playing if I'm not playing with people I know.

w23eer

Mar 13, 2014
It's really good to see that people seem to be playing it. I've wanted to give GTAV a go for a while, but I haven't had the chance yet (and probably won't for another couple of months). Nice to know that the bugs seem to be ironed out and there's still a community.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I tried it in the beginning, but it was not for me.

I was never really interested anyway, I play GTA for the single player content.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
I played a fair bit when it came out (And was playable), as well as used a few glitches to get mad monies. And that was in such an early stage, I've still got the money when Rockstar did the thing in January where they took a lot of people's money from them. After a few weeks though, the novelty wore off and the gametypes got boring. Heists will add a bit more back into it, but I'm really hoping that you can do in=t in single-player, too. I can see myself getting incredibly bored with Online again quite quickly.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I've not really had opportunity to try out GTA Online since the internet for my student accommodation is really quite terrible. Can't access anything other than the student network on my laptop, and even that's censored to shit. I can still go online on my PS3 using an ethernet cable, but the connection is balls.

Might have another go at it once I move into my own place in a few weeks...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I typically stop playing every multiplayer after about 2 months tops. I think the longest one was Killzone 2.

It's funny how multiplayer gets implemented so that a game has "more bang for your buck", but for me it's always the first thing I tire of.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I haven't played it and don't intend to. Thanks for reminding me though, I think I might play SAMP again.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
I play it more or less once a day, I still find it really fun and am trying to get some funds acquired for when all the new stuff is released. Also there's an achievement for level 100 so I need that!

Mar 30, 2010
I still play regularly, roughly every couple of days. The steady release of updates and the addition of the Creator keep everything nice and fresh so there's always something new to come back to. I do have a small core of friends (myself plus five others) who go online as a crew once a week to have a laugh - mainly with races (standard & GTA) and survival missions - but a) we're on the 360 and b) we game between 20:00 and 00:00 GMT. Sorry OP.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
\played a bit, got fed up with random kills when I'd just logged on.
Casual Shinji said:
I typically stop playing every multiplayer after about 2 months tops. I think the longest one was Killzone 2.

It's funny how multiplayer gets implemented so that a game has "more bang for your buck", but for me it's always the first thing I tire of.
Agreed, the only one I go back to is the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, it's just a great way to blow off steam for 15 to 20 minutes

Liquidprid3

Jan 24, 2014
I'm about Level 30. I really only play when my friends are on. I honestly find it pretty boring when I play alone. I hate waiting to do missions, and more than half the time I find no one. I hate getting killed by Level 200's left and right. With friends, however, the game is almost as fun as GTA IV multiplayer. Almost.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
It's been a while since I've last played it. To be honest, I don't really have any friends to play it with... for games like this, having people to screw around with makes all the difference. Granted, it can be pretty fun even when I play alone, but it's just not the same. Though I do find the occasional random who makes things interesting.