Poll: Who in The Last Guardian is going to die?

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Anyone who has seen news about Team Ico's new upcoming game The Last Guardian has probably heard the inevitable prediction of one of the main character's demise.
So my question to the Escapist is, who do you think will kick the bucket?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
The gryphon.

It will die in such a way as to facilitate the kid's coming of age and associated loss of innocence... or something.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
I think the Gryphon will eat the kid.

Or do I hope that?

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
I'm going against the odds here, for the sake of being different. If we look at the series as a spiritual trilogy, then the third game will end on a more uplifting note. Neither will die.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Maybe there'll be two endings, in one the boy dies and in the other gryphon dies. Best of both worlds!

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
The boy will escape with the gryphon, only to sacrifice it to the evil god from Shadow of the Colossus. He will then be transformed into the last colossus Wander fought.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Kollega said:
Maybe there'll be two endings, in one the boy dies and in the other gryphon dies. Best of both worlds!
How about four? Have another one where they both die. And then the fourth one where neither dies.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Team Ico is going to pull a fast one on us: neither character dies, but the entire world ends.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
RanD00M said:
How about four? Have another one where they both die. And then the fourth one where neither dies.
How about three? Having neither die is not like Team Ico.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Kollega said:
RanD00M said:
How about three? Having neither die is not like Team Ico.
Well I've never played a Team Ico game, so I was just throwing it out there. For you know, speculation.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
RanD00M said:
Well I've never played a Team Ico game, so I was just throwing it out there. For you know, speculation.
I too haven't played any (neither Ico nor Shadow of the Colossus), but from what i've heard, their games are universally accepted as True Art. And we all know that True Art is angsty.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I've never played a Team Ico game and frankly I can't see the hype as to why there are seen as Jesus arts of video-games.
As for who is gonna die? I say the Gryphon (That's a Gryphon!?) it just looks too damn preditcable.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
the griffin thing will choke to death after eating the boy, that will cause a fracture in the space time continuum and will cause the whole universe to implode and every single one will die so hard they will respawn in an alternate univerze where the griffin will have to kill 16 colossus while the kid has to rescue the other kid with horns WHILE wanda goes and bones yorda WHILE dormin brings wanda's girl back to life SO SHE CAN HANG OUT WITH ICO AND MAKE THE UNIVERSE RE-IMPLODE AND CREATE ANOTHER ALTERNATE UNIVERSE WHERE NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GONNA HAPPEN BECAUSE THE GAME WILL NOT BE RELEASED FOR ANOTHER YEAR BUT NOBODY WILL REALLY MIND BECAUSE DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS COMING OUT AT THE SAME YEAR AFTER 12 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT

*deeply restores breath*

yeah, let's just wait until the game comes out =P

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Baron von Blitztank said:
I've never played a Team Ico game and frankly I can't see the hype as to why there are seen as Jesus arts of video-games.
Do you really think you're qualified to judge then? Hmm?

I'd go with neither. But something else horrible will happen instead, like everyone else dies and they're alone. And then they both die.
Of syphilis.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Mr. Grey said:
I think the Gryphon will eat the kid.

Or do I hope that?
And the kid kills the gryphon from the inside by eating his heart. Holy crap, that would be epic.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
There seems to be lots of people who haven't played ICO and think that Team ICO are only about tragedy and emotional detachment.