Poll: Who is more evil, EA or Activision?

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
The7Sins said:
EA due to there tampering have ruined Mass Effect 2
Define ruined.

ME2 definitely did not have the feel of a ruined game. It was a well-polished, well made, entertaining game with deep and interesting characters and the ways in which your decisions and previous play influenced the ending was quite clever. It also had, in my opinion, good replay value (ie: I played it about 5 times before I touched another game).

OT: Slightly more activision, but I HATE some of Ubisoft's buggy games, they are full of nonsense sometimes... My copy of Assassin's creed (a new, unscratched disk) gave me the buggiest few installs I have ever had on this pc. I had 11 BSODs in 1 day.

My PC almost fried from that game.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Activision, although EA hasn't exactly done Bioware any favours, either.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Honestly I don't a problem with EA I really like them. Activision they just need to kick Bobby Kotick out.

Crankafoo

Mar 28, 2010
EA has simply given me more things to enjoy about them, while on the other hand, Activision must be trying to let me down.

Pontus Hashis

Feb 22, 2010
I'm boycotting Activision (buy second-hand sometimes tho,and Blizzard isn't included), so they are lovely*

EA is quite bad to, but I don't care for most of thire things.Except Bioware...Oh wait, DA2 happened :'(

*Listen to System of a downs song "DDevil"

cahtush

Jul 7, 2010
This is a REALLY hard one. EA ate Bioware and Westwood (R.I.P), but Activision have
You-Know-Who. So i guess it have to be Activision.

Now i have some business to do with a voodoo doll of said person.

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
Activision - I give EA props for releasing Dungeon Keeper to GOG while I can't remember hearing the last time Activision did something good. And Bobby Kotnik is an ass and a devil.

On the other hand, I blame EA (with Bioware) for the ruin that was DA2, so they are not off the hook either...just less hated.

Also, for the record, I find both COD and Battlefield to be boring and uninteresting, so count me out of that arguement.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
EA's just a big stupid beast who occasionally does good, but more often than not knocks over an office building. Actvision is pure corporate, Lex Luther-from-the-eighties caliber evil.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Flac00 said:
Riff Moonraker said:
EA. After it took over Bioware, it whored out Mass Effect to the PS3. Now, at first, I was just hot that we lost that as an exclusive, but after having time to mull it over, what really makes me hot is the fact that the PS3 fans arent getting the full experience for the game. I recently downloaded that "introductory comic" that they have to pick their decisions from the first game, but they are really getting shortchanged with it. There is no weight to your decisions, no emotions tied up in your decisions, and it misses everything that the first game was about.

If anyone is going to play Mass Effect, they should play it entirely. If the whole thing couldnt come over to the PS3, then it should have been preserved intact on the 360 and the PC. That, to me, makes EA the worst of the bunch.

(I wont even go into the extra outfits and crap they put out for your Mass 2 characters...)
So allowing a different audience to try out the game, and enjoy it, is whoring it out? Seems pretty unfair to say that, I am sure many people who play the PS3 are very happy about it being sold on that system.
Go back and read my post again. I said that they are not getting the full version, and I feel if they are going to get the game, they should get the FULL experience, not some crappy comic to allow you to make the important decisions that can NOT be made with the same emotional impact as it was if you were playing the game. Another example, when you come across Archangel in the game, and it turns out to be Garrus, I went nuts. The PS3 crowd will not get that same feeling because they arent getting the full version. So yeah, it comes across as EA was just trying to get as much money as they could to me.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Activision, even though both companies milk a military franchise, at least EA's is fun.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
brandon237 said:
The7Sins said:
EA due to there tampering have ruined Mass Effect 2
Define ruined.

ME2 definitely did not have the feel of a ruined game. It was a well-polished, well made, entertaining game with deep and interesting characters and the ways in which your decisions and previous play influenced the ending was quite clever. It also had, in my opinion, good replay value (ie: I played it about 5 times before I touched another game).

OT: Slightly more activision, but I HATE some of Ubisoft's buggy games, they are full of nonsense sometimes... My copy of Assassin's creed (a new, unscratched disk) gave me the buggiest few installs I have ever had on this pc. I had 11 BSODs in 1 day.

My PC almost fried from that game.
I agree about Mass Effect 2. I definitely loved the game. The parts where I could see EA's grubby little fingers came when they started selling outfits for the characters. THAT part I didnt like. At least that didnt have an affect on how I enjoyed the game.

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
zehydra said:
Blood Countess said:
Nintendo is afar worse evil for that abomination they called the Wii
Oh come on, the Wii wasn't evil, it just wasn't what everyone had hoped it would be.

There's a difference between evil and bad, you know.
Nintendo aren't Evil just greedy...

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Vault boy Eddie said:
This thread should be called, "Battlefield fans will say Activision, CoD fans will say EA."
Hah, no.

I fucking hate Activision and I love Call of Duty.

I personally thought the last two Battlefield games were extremely lacking and I never found a problem with EA

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
What every over person who took a step back before answering the question said, neither. Guys you do realize there are hundreds of honest, hardworking people in both companies who try to make the best game they can for their fans right? Calling everyone of those people "evil" is waaaaaaaay too far for my tastes.

Phlakes said:
Stop it.

There are no "evil" corporations.

There are just corporations. EA and Activision both do what's good for business, because, you know, THEY'RE BUSINESSES. If they did exactly what the fans wanted they would be run into the ground and dirt poor. I know people get that feeling of self-importance when they complain about the "evil corporations", but it's no better than conspiracy theories. So grow up.
666Chaos said:
Neither, corperations by definition are not evil. They exist to make money and so are going to do their very best to do that. If they bowed down and actually listened to gamers I expect the entire industry would be bankrupt in about one year.
That said, I dont appreciate Activision, or rather Bobby Kotick, trying to milk Call of Duty like good'ol George Lucas did with Star Wars.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Activision,anyone who can screw classic franchises over like Activision has to be evil.

THAT is a toy concept for a game that uses toys for it's characters to be playable. That is also supposed to be Spyro The Dragon. Activision has officially raped this franchise in a desperate attempt to appeal to children and rake in the money.

If that's not evil,I don't know what is.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Personally I think that EA is more evil because I bought Bad Company 2 and later the Vietnam expansion and then found that I couldn't play multiplayer or play the expansion which in total is waste of £25 and when I ask them what to do they just tell me to reinstall it :mad:

Activision isn't exactly an angel, though.