Poll: Who is the best Assassin?

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
I was playing Hitman on my ps2 when this question popped up in my head. Who is the best assassin?

I personally take 47 because he can kill a targetr and not causer a commotion at all, Heck, he can make it look like an accident. Altair/Ezio on the otherhand (lets be honest here) DO stand out with their swords (honestly someone should notice that those guys praying over there don't carry large weapons and wear armor) and draw a lot of attention to themselves.

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
Ezio because he had a personality and some character development.

Not just "I used to be an insensitive douche. Now I'm a slightly less insensitive douche"

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
Solid Snake can technically be called an assassin >_> ...and played properly, he's amazing at it.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Shiki Nanaya.

Got the combat skills and stealth to match the best, and has the added bonus of being able to kill anything. Humans, zombies, millennium-old uber vampires, furniture, buildings, part of the Earth itself...

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
47. His only identifying mark is his barcode whereas the others come with their own team jerseys. A huge portion of assassination is stealth.

Ryuo

Dec 5, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
Shiki Nanaya.

Got the combat skills and stealth to match the best, and has the added bonus of being able to kill anything. Humans, zombies, millennium-old uber vampires, furniture, buildings, part of the Earth itself...
Right here.
Kara no Kyoukai.

JWW

Jan 6, 2010
"My name is Ezio Auditore da Firenze, and like my father and grandfathers before me, I am an Assassin."

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Ryuo said:
NeutralDrow said:
Shiki Nanaya.

Right here.
Kara no Kyoukai.
...oh hey, that's right, Shiki Ryougi is technically a game character now (since she has that guest appearance in Melty Blood).

I was thinking Shiki from Tsukihime. I still think he's the better assassin, though he admittedly doesn't have the ability to kill time and space.

Ryuo

Dec 5, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
Ryuo said:
NeutralDrow said:
Shiki Nanaya.

Right here.
Kara no Kyoukai.
...oh hey, that's right, Shiki Ryougi is technically a game character now (since she has that guest appearance in Melty Blood).

I was thinking Shiki from Tsukihime. I still think he's the better assassin, though he admittedly doesn't have the ability to kill time and space.
I noticed the last name AFTER I posted, but at least I didn't end up completely put my foot in my mouth -.-;

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
Snarky Username said:
Ezio because he had a personality and some character development.

Not just "I used to be an insensitive douche. Now I'm a slightly less insensitive douche"
To be honest with you, that's kinda why I liked Altair.

No whining, no crying, no goofy stares every time he passes a female.

Also:
He not only found a hot Templar chick, he knocked her up. Gotta give the man props for that.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Ignoring the gameplay aspect, and considering the world, once Ezio gains all his weapons (Poison and Gun in particular), he's the best assassin. Poison is perfect for keeping attention away, and nobody at the time had portable guns, giving an element of surprise. Back then, stealthy assasinations weren't exactly easy, or even likely. Until he gets both of those weapons, however, any job he does will get him noticed.

So, soley for the fact that in context, he can remain stealthy the ENTIRE game, #47 gets my vote, even if I only played half of the second game.

I wouldn't consider Snake an assassin, per se, but he is a damn good soldier, who specializes in stealth. With a few scripted exceptions from what I've played of MGS 1 (just downloaded it recently), you can go the entire game without once hearing that "!" sound effect.

...wow, I overanalyzed this one... This is what insomnia does to me, people! On top of that, stealth isn't necessary to be an assassin, so I just analyzed the wrong aspect. But my vote remains the same.

Aug 1, 2010
I would say Garrus. Not [i/]technically[/i] an assassin, he uses a sniper rifle, does freelance mercenary work, kills leaders and is a total badass.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
47. Altair and Ezio are too noisy. They're effective killers, but a true assassin has a little more elan, and a perfect suit. Altair and Ezio more often than not can be found barreling after their target in a crowded marketplace like a murderous benny hill chase, guards in tow. Massively fun to play, but hardly efficient.