Poll: Who is the real Dark Lord?

Aedrial

Jun 24, 2009
aba1 said:
Aedrial said:
aba1 said:
I am honestly surprised satan is hardly getting votes I mean he is litterally the dark lord the guys who controls all evil manipulates people into doing bad things steals our souls and tortures billions in the afterlife to run his kingdom of sorrow.
He ended up in that position over a disagreement and failed coup. Since he was technically cast down into that position, he kind of doesn't apply. Besides he used to be THE morning star. Then there's the whole point about the fact that some would argue that he is not fictional. While the poll is about 'fantasy' Dark Lords.
either way watch fantasia and tell me he doesn't scare you esspecially over voldamort I mean that guy creeps me out he looks like a deformed pedo
My choice was for Sauron anyway. While Sauron is essentially Lucifer's expy, Sauron wins by technicality, since as pointed out Lucifer is arguably not fictional. (even if he has appeared in many works)

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Aedrial said:
aba1 said:
Aedrial said:
aba1 said:
I am honestly surprised satan is hardly getting votes I mean he is litterally the dark lord the guys who controls all evil manipulates people into doing bad things steals our souls and tortures billions in the afterlife to run his kingdom of sorrow.
He ended up in that position over a disagreement and failed coup. Since he was technically cast down into that position, he kind of doesn't apply. Besides he used to be THE morning star. Then there's the whole point about the fact that some would argue that he is not fictional. While the poll is about 'fantasy' Dark Lords.
either way watch fantasia and tell me he doesn't scare you esspecially over voldamort I mean that guy creeps me out he looks like a deformed pedo
My choice was for Sauron anyway. While Sauron is essentially Lucifer's expy, Sauron wins by technicality, since as pointed out Lucifer is arguably not fictional. (even if he has appeared in many works)
by that logic I will agree tho I put that aside as he is on the list but if you don't include satan I can agree with you

DethVanXan

Arch Inquisitor
Nov 23, 2009
What most people don't understand about Satan is that he isn't the Lord of Darkness or Ruler of Hell. He's just another prisoner there. Anyone who says it's better to rule in hell then serve in heaven is sadly misguided. Hell sucks for EVERYONE, even Satan.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Voldemort is probably the one that springs to mind first because he is refered to as the Dark Lord but Sauron is probably more evil than Voldemort.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Darth Vader - Fell afoul of the lure of the dark side, this is more weakness than evil, so I doubt he is the most evil, and the fact that he redeems himself by killing the emperor does absolve him some what

Lord Voldemort - Seems to be evil for the sake of being evil, even in the flash backs to his youth, he is very evil. He just want's to watch the world burn, and Harry.

Sauron - Sauron is a 'token' bad guy. Tolkien made it so that Sauron had no redeeming qualities, so that he could be an undisputed evil villain with none of this "Well if his mother loved him enough, he could of been different" Stuff. So right from the initial writing, he was destined to be evil, he raises dark forces and kills thousands. Very evil, but not as evil as some of the others on this list in comparison.

Ganondorf - Ganodorf was king of a kingdom, so inevitably he wants what all men with power want- More power. So his evil seems to come from greed of more power it seems. I don't think that's as evil as Sauron or Voldemort, because again, it's like a weakness.

The Lich King - Arthas was a devout servant of the light, fallen to the Burning Legion's servants. It's ripped straight from Darth Vader, but Arthas never really redeems himself. And his acts are a lot more terrible than Darth Vader's. So The Lich King is more evil than Darth Vader.

Dracula - Dracula, if you are referring to the original sort of stuff, is written as a vampire, and vampire's are written as mankind's natural enemy. In the book, Dracula saves the solicitor from his wives, making him sound slightly heroic, but he's just saving him until all the legal procedures are taken care of. It's a good blend of man's enemy blending into man's society. Making them a social parasite, and I hate parasites, so that's evil yo.

Satan - Again, token bad guy. If you want to cast away all these modern culture references, and concentrate on what was told in the bible, you will know that Satan was the angel of music in heaven, then was cast out to the eternal plane of fire for questioning faith. Now, I don't know about you, I support free thought, so who is more evil? Satan for questioning faith, then being bitter about thinking freely? Or God for casting him to the plane of eternal fire for having a single unholy thought. I know what i'd pick.

I think Voldemort is the most evil. But is made a bit of a pussy by the universe he is in.

tahquitz

Jan 25, 2011
i choose other in favor of morgoth which means "black foe of the world" and had sauron serve as his principal lieutenant

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
Sauron is not Lucifer's expy, not in the novels and not in the movie. He's the high priest of Morgoth who is the Lucifer expy of the LotR setting.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Voldemort mainly because Harry Potter has been talked about a lot recently and I kinda expected that when clicking this thread.

Not sure why I would click a thread about Harry Potter since i've read the books and the movies don't interest me but whatever.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Well, my first thought was Voldemort, but I wouldn't describe Vader as a "Dark Lord", and the other guys I don't really care about that much. Besides, Voldemort is the only one on that list I've heard actually referred to as the Dark Lord. And the dude was pretty evil, he did split his soul into 7 pieces.

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
Stasisesque said:
Voldemort is the first to spring to mind. However, I choose "Other" and suggest Cthulhu.
But what about the really powerful beings from Lovecraft's mythos?

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Man, i am late to this...

You forgot one:
The Dark Lord Chuckles, the silly piggy.
(get to 1:05 or something, the intro song isn't very good)

Come on, he has Dark Lord as an official TITLE.

IsraelRocks

Apr 21, 2010
kayisking said:
Uhm, I don't mean to be rude but I just want to warn you that some people might take offense to Satan being called a fantasy character.

So let them be offended.some people might be offended that papa smurf is not on this list.

O.T Sauron FTW

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
Swny Nerdgasm said:
Stasisesque said:
Voldemort is the first to spring to mind. However, I choose "Other" and suggest Cthulhu.
But what about the really powerful beings from Lovecraft's mythos?
Cthulhu would be the one who scares me most?

The list given is hardly on a relative scale - we've got Darth Vader next to Satan. Power does not seem to factor so much as notoriety and the ability to strike fear.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Sauron is the Dark Lord, I might be bias for being a huge LOTR fan. But it doesnt matter Sauron wins.