Poll: Who played through the original System Shock?

CoffeeGuru

Mar 28, 2009
I know that System Shock 2 is acclaimed to be one of the greatest games of all time, and I don't disagree. For all its glory and muster, I wondered how many people around The Escapist have had the opportunity to play the original.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
I never played the original. Pretty hard to find it on sale too...

Edit:I remenber hearing a joke about it "The best game ever was released in 1994...but everyone was to busy shooting each other in Doom 2."

Galenor

Apr 24, 2009
Never played it; but boy do I want to. That, and System Shock 2, which is currently the #1 most desired game on Good Old Games!

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
I've played through System Shock 1 & 2, as well as Bioshock. I'm a huge fan of the series, and despite what many System Shock fans have said, I thought Bioshock was just as good as the System Shock games, provided you play it on the hard difficulty.

Draxis

Aug 11, 2008
Played the original system shock quite a bit - It was very good, a lot less combat oriented than SS2 (which was in turn a lot less combat oriented than bioshock). SS2 I have completed a couple of times on single player, and completed / almost completed it about 4 times multiplayer. I wish there were more games that lent themselves so well to coop play.

Bioshock wasnt bad, but it was a far simpler game than SS1 or 2. I had expected more from it.