Poll: Who was Your Starter Pokemon in X and Y

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
Title says it all. Mine was Chespin. He's a cool looking little guy and turns into Chesnaught. He's simply put a bad-ass

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
I picked Fennekin. She's just too adorable and I never went with Fire-starter before.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Guys, the only viable option is Froakie. It's just pure awesomeness.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Chespin because Chesnaught.

Squirtle because MEGA BLASTOISE!

This is the source of your doom Mega Charizard!

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
haven't gotten it yet, but will do in the next couple of weeks. already decided on froakie, guy looks like a beast

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Froakie. I couldn't choose Fennekin because I'm already going with Charmander and I'm getting Torchic. I do want some diversity.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I don't play Pokemon, but my kid does. She picked a Froakie. I hope this helps your poll. :)

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
I don't know, the things they end up as all look pretty terrible. The frog has a tongue scarf, so I guess I'll go with that if i buy the game because why not.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Yeahhhhhh Their final forms are kind of.... lame. Chesnaught ain't no Torterra and the final form of Fennekin is CERTAINLY no Charizard

I guess in the long run I'd go for Chespin because it looks least awful xD Not that I've played Pokemon in years...

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I went with Froakie because if years of playing Pokemon have taught me anything, its that Water pokemon are a bugger to find and capture early on. Also, the Torchic offer meant I knew I'd have a fire pokemon (though I think he'll be replaced by Litleo, so cute!).

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Kenbo Slice said:
Guys, the only viable option is Froakie. It's just pure awesomeness.
Damn right Froakie is the only viable option! Mo'fuckin ninja frog!

ALSO IT HAS AN ATTACK CALLED WATER SHURIKEN. THIS IS AWESOME.

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
Fennekin!

I don't normally opt for Fire starters (it used to be difficult to acquire Grass/Water types quite early on) but as soon as I saw she was a kitsune I literally had to have her.

She basically sold herself from then onwards. Mine recently evolved into Braixen, and she's basically a magical girl. I love her to pieces. <3

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Chespin. It's the only one whose final evolution looks halfway decent to me. I normally pick the fire starters though, and so his play style is really strange to me. He's tanky as fuck and doesn't do dick for damage, the exact opposite of what I'm used to in my starter, and so it makes things very unusual. I'm happy with it so far.

I also picked up Charmander, because fucking Charizard man, and so things have overall ended up working out.

Ferdy Hoefakker

Mar 4, 2012
Froakie becomes a ninja in the end, so no contest! Also, while Chespin has the coolest initial look, I don't really like Chesnaught... It looks too different from it's previous evolutions. Almost as if it's missing an in between form.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I always have and always will pick the grass type starter.

I'm not a fan of Chesnaught, but Froakie is far too mainstream (pejorative to the max) and I wanted to use Talonflame as my fire type.

Dec 14, 2009
Ahri said:
Fennekin!

I don't normally opt for Fire starters (it used to be difficult to acquire Grass/Water types quite early on) but as soon as I saw she was a kitsune I literally had to have her.

She basically sold herself from then onwards. Mine recently evolved into Braixen, and she's basically a magical girl. I love her to pieces. <3
Except she isn't...

Vulpex and Ninetails are the literal kitsune.

OT: Gonna go with Froakie. Because fucking ninja frog, that's why.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
I was dead-set against picking Chespin, but I just don't like Delphox and I couldn't bring myself to take Froakie when I have access to Squirtle/Blastiose... which is ironic since I took Squirtle initially, (and got my Blastoisite... which has no X or Y versions, sadly), then, as an experiment, reloaded and got Charmander... which turned out to be female with near-perfect stats for a Charizard. I couldn't pass that up...

Incidentally... the promo Torchic I got had awful stats and nature, is it possible to "save-scum" that for better stats? I'm too afraid of losing it entirely to experiment.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I picked Chespin, as I usually don't pick the grass types I tend to prefer the water or the fire types, but I really wanted Charmander and so for the sake of balance I went for the Chespin, and he recently evolved into Chesnaught, with my Charmander evolving into Charizard. So far I think I have picked correctly, I am really happy with my team.

Omega_Gozer

Mar 22, 2010
I went with Froakie due to liking water Pokémon (and the frog designs on all it's evolutions look great). I then picked Bulbasaur when I was given the choice since that was my very first Pokémon back in the days of blue version.

I'm also a little surprised that Fennekin is the least popular choice so far since I've seen so much desire for it since the game was announced.