Poll: Who WEARS wrist watches anymore?

agentironman

Sep 22, 2009
I wear a watch everyday and collect them for the most part. I nearly have a different watch for different occasions. I feel naked without one. I realize cellphones cancel out the need for a watch but anybody worth their salt and who like to dress up needs a good watch. Men have very few accessories a watch is one of the best.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
I have a digital watch that i use for school, it does the seconds and i have it timed to the exact second the bell will ring, i love doing that in class just going THREE!....TWO!....ONE!....NOW! and then the rings, and people who were hoping i was wrong just mad =P

I've been using for about 5 years now, and i like having for camping. plus you aren't supposed to used cell phones in school so it saves me from getting in any trouble. (yes my teachers are strict sometimes)

the added benefit of that is when I DO pull my phone out it's for a good reason and my teachers tend to let me do ever i want while other kids who pull them out every five minutes o check the time are yelled at =P

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
You fail.

Seriously if you are going to make a poll make a poll, not a thread with 'poll' as the title, then it's a discussion.

I wear them.

luckycharms8282

Mar 28, 2009
Im 18, and Ive worn a watch for years. It's a fashion accessory. Also, with the flick of the wrist, I know the time and the date.

I like it a lot better than, say, using your phone as a clock.

The Big Eye

Truth-seeking Tail-chaser
Aug 19, 2009
whiteblood said:
silver wolf009 said:
Me... I wear mine like Artyom...

Like this see:
Same here. Keeps the watch from getting knocked against outside stuff and just looks cool.
I used to do that, but it caused problems whenever I was holding coffee and wondering when my break was over.

TheDarklite

Nov 26, 2010
Well I do work after all, and a watch comes in pretty damn handy to find out when my shift ends....

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
I do whenever I'm not at school. I really like them and they really add to any ensemble.

Suddenly I feel like less of a man...

Shotgun Sam

Mar 26, 2011
I wear a wristwatch most of the time. I don't care much about the "fashion" of wearing a wristwatch, it's the utility, having a watch, timer, and alarm readily available. When piloting, time is incredibly important, and while there is a clock/timer onboard wearing a wristwatch just adds another level of redundancy. So there's that, and it's easier than pulling out the cellphone to check the time when someone asks you...

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Wrist watches aren't about telling time, they are a status symbol. That being said I wear the watch of a middle class office drone.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
SamuelT said:
Um. What?

Doesn't EVERYONE wear wrist watches? They do around my place.
Yeah, pretty much the same for me. Perhaps a valid question is WHY they all wear wrist watches, when they probably carry around at least one other indispensable item which also fills the time-telling function (such as a cellphone).

But yeah, they all wear watches.

Painful illusion

Oct 9, 2010
Yeah I wear my Fossil whenever I leave the house it I remember it. It's a really good watch so not wearing it would be a crime.