Poll: who won at E3?

peterwolfe

Aug 2, 2008
Kanodin0 said:
peterwolfe said:
Wait...so is Portal 2 now exclusive for PS3?
No, it will definitely be on Steam still and I doubt they would decide to just not make an Xbox version for no reason.
Oh thank god.
Makes me wonder why it was featured so prominently in the Sony conference though. I mean yeah it's a pretty big deal as a game, but the fact that it's also going to be on the PS3 doesn't seem like a good use of their timeslot.

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
lukemdizzle said:
the worst press conference was definitely Ubisoft, all I have to say is.... Lazier tag
Ubisoft had Child of Eden, Project Dust and Rayman: Origins so it was both the best and worst for me. Actually, MS was the worst.
MS was a close second for me only because Im a Huge Halo fan and reach looked amazing. gears 3 also looked like more of the same gears which isn't necessarily a bad thing. but everything els was horrible

Tzekelkan

Dec 27, 2009
Nintendo won because of Zelda, Metroid and Kid Icarus and Sony won because of Portal 2. Microsoft lets you watch sports on the Xbox now? Uhh, okay.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Torn. Between the obvious 2. But I loved the 1st Portal and I only own a PS3 so...It is obvious why the vote will climb in N's favor. I mean, who hasn't played a Nintendo game that was awesome? They are using nostalgia to the fullest while Sony has hidden asses up their sleeves. DK and Portal 2, Twisted Metal and Kid Icarus, Zelda and Infamous 2 (yeah you cannot really compare these ones but I fucking loved the first Infamous and I am still looking for that last shard).

Too bad there was no S and N option.

Cliffie

Nov 25, 2009
I'd say Nintendo won, Sony second and Microsoft third. The reason I say Nintendo won has unfortunately, to me anyway, nothing to do with Zelda. The new Zelda looked ok but the controls are really not precise enough. As far as arm flailing goes Sonys Sorcery game looked WAY better. To be honest I was expecting more from Zelda, even so it's not finished yet so a lot can happen.

Microsoft was crap in my opinion. As a 360 owner I was very disappointed. I've been one of those guys that haven't hated on Natal (or Kinect lol) all that much, I've said give them time. If they provide the proper games it might be cool.

Natal will be AWESOME if you like Wii party games or Wii Sports however it has absolutely NOTHING that appeals to us hardcore gamers. Sony is at least trying to make Move work for hardcore gamers, Microsoft however doesn't even seem to care. There isn't a single hardcore game launching with Natal. No, the Star Wars game does not count.

In short, Nintendo had the most hardcore games this time around (Do you even realize how stupid this sounds?) and won because of that and the 3DS. Sony came second because of a few things, Kevin Butler (He is hilarious) and the fact that they are actually trying to make Move work. They do However get some minus points however for not showing off the Last Guardian :,<. Microsoft ended up in third place, quite frankly I was disappointed. They did not have even nearly enough cool games and if you're a hardcore gamer, like most of us, you will get no joy what so ever out of the Natal. At least that's my impression after their conference.

Jul 22, 2009
Clearly EA

And what was so wrong with Microsofts brief? I have blacked out most of the time kinect was on screen and what i'm left with is a lot of good looking games and some of the actual decent moments with kinect (scrolling by waving your hand... awesome).

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Even if you don't like Nintendos games, their conference was everything it was supposed to be:
New games, played live on the spot for the first time.

Micorsoft had little not previously announced, too much bullshit and not enough gameplay. Kinect was boring and I didn't care about anything it had to show.

Sony had TONS of talking, TONS of trailers and barely anything played live. Sorcery looked good, that's about all I cared about besides LBP2. The thing is, we didn't get to see LBP2 PLAYED, it was just a recording.

Nitendo hit the nail. Almost all their stuff was being played live, there was very little "business talk" where they hype up how fantastic they are (they DID have some though) and they brought us games that look fun.

To me, Nintendo won.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
AC10 said:
Even if you don't like Nintendos games, their conference was everything it was supposed to be:

Micorsoft had little not previously announced, too much bullshit and not enough gameplay. Kinect was boring and I didn't care about anything it had to show.

Sony had TONS of talking, TONS of trailers and barely anything played live. Sorcery looked good, that's about all I cared about besides LBP2. The thing is, we didn't get to see LBP2 PLAYED, it was just a recording.

Nitendo hit the nail. Almost all their stuff was being played live, there was very little "business talk" where they hype up how fantastic they are (they DID have some though) and they brought us games that look fun.

To me, Nintendo won.
LBP2 was played live, you didnt see the four people?

Mindmaker

May 29, 2010
Well there have been better e3 in the past.
But from what I've seen that far, I would say Nintendo.

A lot of interesting games, remakes, new ideas and a great new handheld.
I don't even know where to find time for all this stuff...

deckai

Oct 26, 2009
Subzerowings said:
The reasons why Nintendo didn't win for me was:
1. The bragging
2. Most games that were shown were rehashes of old franshises
3. Zelda's showing was f'ed up by the "wireless disturbances"
And Sony did what?...oh wait, bragging about "Move" and showing montages of games from old franchises..

IMO, Nintendo had the better games, Sony the better "speech" (Kevin Butler).

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Subzerowings said:
The reasons why Nintendo didn't win for me was:
1. The bragging
2. Most games that were shown were rehashes of old franshises
3. Zelda's showing was f'ed up by the "wireless disturbances"
So who did win in your mind?

oh and because I just learned the long awaited Goldeneye remake is a Wii exclusive I officially hate nintendo.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
Sure thing... Microsoft have loosed it... I dont see any big annoucement on theyr part this time... The Natal new name s**k, but more importantelly the game on it dont seem fun at all... The only slightly interesting they have annonced is Fable 3

(And i'm mostly a PC/360 player)

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Korten12 said:
AC10 said:

To me, Nintendo won.
LBP2 was played live, you didnt see the four people?
oh yeah :p

I guess that explains why I liked it so much then lol.

OrdinaryGuy

Oct 19, 2009
Nintendo had the best showing, but I voted for Sony for one reason alone. Twisted Metal. They spent waaaaay too much time talking about 3D and the Playstation Move though. If those sections would have been filled with games like Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII, it would have been the best. Little Big Planet 2 looks amazing, I'm glad they showed it.

Junkle

in the trunkle.
Oct 26, 2009
Nintendo won, but only by a very, VERY small amount. They brought back a bunch of games that actually looked fun, and won my faith after last year's catastrophe.
Sony was hard on their heels, with Kevin Butler and a good number of games. The one problem was that they alternated between exiting and boring. They didn't maintain the enthusiasm, the edge that they had. Close, but no cigar.

Prvt.Church

May 14, 2009
The only thing that MS had was Bulletstorm. Nintendo took it, especially with the Goldeneye remake.