Poll: Who won E3 2013?

Matthew Jabour

Jan 13, 2012
Well, this certainly was an action-packed E3. While Microsoft tried to repair their shattered reputation, Sony kicked them into the dust and danced on their body. Meanwhile, Nintendo granted EVERYTHING WE'D HOPED AND DREAMED FOR.
Sorry about that. As you can tell, I'm a little biased. That's where you all come in. I'd like to know, who actually won this year's E3? Sony, who basically guaranteed that their console was not the Xbox One (and announced some games on the side), or Nintendo, who gave us games and games and games?

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
I hoped and dreamed for a DQVII localization. :( Other stuff looked nice though.

Sony did well telling us what we wanted to hear, but where were the new games?

BearShark

Apr 5, 2013
Nintendo already had their console out, so they really only had games to talk about this year.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
There were 2 things that I really wanted
1)Persona 5
2)Maybe new, cheaper model of PS3
I didn't get either, but still, Sony freaking rocked that E3 and I'm really happy for them. Gonna buy me some PS3 to reward them!
<------------Also, this

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I'd say Nintendo had the best content, but Sony generated the most hype.

Most of the Sony press conference was pretty bad, but then all of a sudden Square showed some trailers and Sony just rode the momentum for the rest of the conference. The ending of Sony's conference was the best thing I've seen in years. That being said, there was a lot of crap to get through.

Nintendo's was disappointing, but what was shown was impressive. X and Smash Bros were the best games of E3, in my opinion. Shame the Direct felt so damn lifeless.

I guess I'll say Nintendo, because while hype is nice, I can't exactly put hype into a PS4...

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
There are no winners at E3, only not losers.
So where does that leave us?

[HEADING=2]Microsoft, the only losers for this years E3.[/HEADING]

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Pretty boring E3 overall the only thing that happened was Microsoft lost and I am ok with that considering what they were offering.

Hopefully they will never darken our doors with the Xbone again. Sony did ok but would not have looked anywhere near as good without the huge turd that Microsoft produced and Nintendo well I expected more TBH why do they hate the WiiU sheesh.

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
Sony slamming the xbone was quite comical (love or hate the xbone - that used game video from Playstation is wonderful) but after seeing all the shiney trailers for the WiiU together I actually want to get one. Between last gen sticking around for a while and having a gaming PC, there's not really anything for the other two systems that has me excited or rushing out to pre-order. I guess that makes it a win for Nintendo from me.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
In fairness, all 3 had a good shot. Other than technical problems none of them had extremely embarrassing moments like Kinectimals or Wii Music. Microsoft did in fact have a great conference, and I think everyone forgets it: if the whole controversy didn't exist, then everyone would have been talking about all the games that had been announced at the Xbox event.

The only problem was, they didn't address the massive issue about used games, etc, which was a gaping wound that was extremely easy for Sony to target and curve stomp them over, and get all the press attention; on TOP of a great press conference themselves.

So, all in all, they all had a great shot at E3, but Sony just had that little bit more to get everyones attention? and executed on it BRILLIANTLY.

Jetsetneo

Apr 2, 2010
Simalacrum said:
In fairness, all 3 had a good shot. Other than technical problems none of them had extremely embarrassing moments like Kinectimals or Wii Music. Microsoft did in fact have a great conference, and I think everyone forgets it: if the whole controversy didn't exist, then everyone would have been talking about all the games that had been announced at the Xbox event.

The only problem was, they didn't address the massive issue about used games, etc, which was a gaping wound that was extremely easy for Sony to target and curve stomp them over, and get all the press attention; on TOP of a great press conference themselves.

So, all in all, they all had a great shot at E3, but Sony just had that little bit more to get everyones attention? and executed on it BRILLIANTLY.
This. The XB1 brought new games and had a pretty good conference. Sony had a good one too, they just ended it on a roast. As usual Nintendo dropped all the 1st party titles the fans more or less wanted.

This was actually the BEST e3 in a while, good, entertaining, and informative. The Sony skewering just got all the 'console war' juices flowing.

BleedingPride

Aug 10, 2009
Tom_green_day said:
It was Bbisoft, with the amazing gameplay for Assassin's Cr... ee... d
LOL, well done. Yeah that demo was a bit of a mess in terms of the freezing, but I saw the unfreezy gameplay later and AC4 looks pretty descent so far. Lots more stealth involved.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Tom_green_day said:
It was Bbisoft, with the amazing gameplay for Assassin's Cr... ee... d
I see what you did there!
Sony won, Microsoft lost, consumers are starting to win and capcom is still run by muppets.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I know it's Sony and refuse to admit it BECAUSE I consider Nintendo's E3/Nintendo Direct to be a 2-part event. Yesterday, Nintendo showed off a bunch of upcoming 3DS and Wii U games including previews for games we know and can't wait for (Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, etc) and introduced games that I now greatly anticipate (Super Smash Universe, Super Meow-io 3D World, DK-Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8...). Then they said "Hey, we know you're excited about these so tomorrow at participating Best Buy stores you can go play some of them". I wasn't expecting Nintendo to offer up any of the 4 games that are going to be demoed today so the fact that we can play Super Meow-io 3D World, Mario Kart 8 AND DK-TF kinda blew my mind. I've beaten Wind Waker so not as much excitement there but it's SO pretty!

Sony hit it out of the park though: I admit that they hit harder than anyone was expecting and definitely won. Shiny new console, not restrictive, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy (to be released holiday season of 2000...) XV and, all for a hundred bucks less than the XBone! Good times Sony: Good times.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I'm giving it to Nintendo, just by the amount of games they showed off. For me, the only good parts of the Sony conference was the SquareEnix reveals and everything afterwards, and even then, not all those games were exclusives. If Nintendo showed off the other games they had that didn't make it into the direct(like the 3DS games), then I think people would've found their presentation a little better.