Poll: Who's gonna be the villian in the MCU Spider-man movie?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Drago-Morph said:
AccursedTheory said:
Ravinoff said:
Mysterio could be neat if his costume isn't a green onesie with a fishbowl and a purple cape.
I'd hope he would be in his ridiculous costume. Not only because I love 'camp' Mysterio, but because the Avengers could make a big deal about it. He could hide behind his illusions for most of the film, covering himself up and such, and then when he's finally revealed, they would all stand around flabbergasted, and much hilarity can be had.

But, really, Spider-Man isn't getting a standalone MCU film, and he's unlikely to get a villain of his own in the Avenger team up movies either, because there's no space for them to add a villain with real weight to an Avenger film, and all of Spider-Man's well known rogue gallery members that could potentially stand up to the Avengers in some way either are over played already (The Goblins, with all their money and tech and such) or make no narrative sense (The Symbiotes, Genetic Mash-Up Spider-Man, etc). The best one will probably get is some second string villain (Of which Spider-Man has a fuck ton) thats only purpose during the film is to introduce Spider-Man, as he deals with them in under 3 minutes and Captain America/Black Widow looks on.

I don't know where everyone's getting this notion that Spidey isn't getting his own MCU films. The day the deal was announced, they announced a solo film with it; hell, Marvel slotted it in Thor's movie spot and pushed back half their lineup! Kevin Feige's been going on and on about how the vision they have for Spidey is a four movie series taking him through high school and into college.

He's getting a film, folks.
Yeah, sure. Marvel actually says there will be four MCU films.

Here's the problem: Sony has complete creative control over all the Spider-man films. Including the MCU ones.

That's right folks - Spider-Man isn't getting into the MCU, Sony is.

As far as I can tell, the best case scenario is that this whole thing collapses in on itself and explodes, throwing Spider-Man back to Sony and sealing the giant rent in the MCU this insane deal has opened up. Spider-man is in no way worth exposing themselves to the caustic fumes Sony has been huffing.

On topic anyway, I was aware of the deal Sony made to get Marvel help, but was unaware the films that would come from this would be MCU until now. And I am filled with nothing but dread.