Poll: Who's the best Witcher 3 waifu?

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Because why not?

Powerful, loyal, resourceful, intelligent, classy, what's not to like?

A sweet, caring, yet ballsy and courageous, screamingly hot redhead. My kinda thing.

A badass platinum blonde with a take-no-shit attitude, a rebellious streak and balls by the boatload. Here's an icon for the 21st century.

Style, wit, grace, cunning and looks. The complete package.

She'll always be there for you, she'll never say no, she'll let you ride her all night, and she'll take you to places you never even knew existed. The perfect companion.

The other caring, sweet and jaw-dropping redhead in the game, and the one that isn't manipulative, deceitful or capable of ripping your guts out with a thought.
Vote, yo!

Stay tuned for the husbando thread, coming soon to a forum near you!

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Ezekiel said:
Keira is deceitful [...] The obvious choice is Triss.
How does that follow? Triss is quite deceitful, as well. She spent quite a lot of time lying to Geralt in order to be his girlfriend. She is closer to this

than being a trustworthy companion.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
You forgot Shani, the OTHER gorgeous redhead of the series, and possibly the only option who isn't manipulative, or enough to compare to Triss and Keira.

But even against Shani, and going against my love of red heads, Yennefer is just such a lovable *****. It's unfortunate that she's actually some old hag with a hunchback, but if she keeps that veil up, it's all good. If not, Shani all the way.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I have never hated a character in a video game before I met Yennefer. She is the literal worst.

I'd go Shani as well. She's not manipulative and not (pretty much) Geralt's daughter

bartholen_v1legacy

Jan 24, 2009
Ezekiel said:
Isn't Yennefer really old unless she puts on some spell? That's perverse.
In the books it's given some insight that pretty much all sorceresses are this to some degree. It's not given too much detail, but the sorceresses are physically transformed to look more attractive, and then given further enhancements with illusions, glamours and other means.

I chose to leave the sisters from Blood and Wine out, since with one you maintain a strictly professional relationship with, and the other is ultimately given rather little screen time.

DaCosta

Aug 11, 2016
Yennefer is the type that never talks to you, and then gets mad because you didn't instinctively know what she wanted, never wants you around, but if she happens to want that she gets pissed if you're not there that very instant. She's a toxic relationship made human.

Triss on the other hand is pretty chill. She's upfront about her feelings, but hey, if Geralt says he wants to be with someone else she backs off, that's pretty reasonable.

Ciri feels a little cliche anime waifu for me, what with being a virgin and getting all flustered when that guy hits on her. I can see how someone would like her, but I'd prefer someone more mature and experienced.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
In-universe, I always pair Geralt with Yennefer because why the hell wouldn't you, but if we're talking my personal preference? Ciri.

That's taking the gamble that she'd leave me for a woman, but I consider it equally likely that we'd end up in a threesome with a woman, which I figure is worth the risk.

bartholen said:
Ezekiel said:
Isn't Yennefer really old unless she puts on some spell? That's perverse.
In the books it's given some insight that pretty much all sorceresses are this to some degree. It's not given too much detail, but the sorceresses are physically transformed to look more attractive, and then given further enhancements with illusions, glamours and other means.
She's actually using magic to hide the fact that she's a hunchback, not that she is really old.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
bastardofmelbourne said:
She's actually using magic to hide the fact that she's a hunchback, not that she is really old.
Well, technically she's both. I mean, Geralt is like 98 or so and is physically like late thirties/early forties, and if I'm remembering right Yenn is a bit older simply because of how magic and magic-users work in the Witcher world. It's basically horrendous physical mutation for pretty much all of them in exchange for stupidly OP magic powers.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Ciri - I like her design [footnote]Bar that stupid looking sword.[/footnote], and she shares a voice actor with the thoroughly awesome/charming Hawke from DAII.

...but mostly because I haven't played the game yet (watched Witcher 1, played 2, got GotY 3 at Christmas and haven't started it yet) and have no idea about Yennefer. Triss is, er, attractive but a bit of a deceitful "bit ch", as Xander Harris might say.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
The strumpets. Variation is the spice of life. That and I think 'strumpet' is a funny word I haven't heard of before Witcher 3. :p

TT Kairen

Nov 10, 2011
Can I say none of the above and go with Cerys an Craite? The OTHER, other gorgeous redhead in the game, and boasts strength of arms, a level-headed nature, a sexy accent, and cute freckles to boot.

bartholen_v1legacy

Jan 24, 2009
TT Kairen said:
Can I say none of the above and go with Cerys an Craite? The OTHER, other gorgeous redhead in the game, and boasts strength of arms, a level-headed nature, a sexy accent, and cute freckles to boot.
Making the list was tough, because no matter who I put in, someone was going to be left out. Hence I limited them to what I considered the most central characters. Even putting in Keira I questioned, but she is a vital player in the early game, you encounter the first big Wild Hunt related story quest with her, and she can even be recruited to the battle at Kaer Morhen.

Other shoutouts include:

- Priscilla, a sweet and charming singer whose role is ultimately rather minor
- Syanna, the bad girl of the bunch. She even wears all black leather!
- Duchess Henrietta, the elegant and wealthy, yet shrewd and cunning ruler
- Of course Cerys, adding to the list of gorgeous redheads (lo, my cup runneth over!), but I saw her more as a comrade in arms
- The whole bunch of sorceresses, Philippa Eilhart first and foremost
- Ves, my personal favorite from Witcher 2
- There's the oneiromancer with the most ridiculous neckline in the entire series, which is saying something
- The succubi (all two of them you can talk to)

bartholen_v1legacy

Jan 24, 2009
bastardofmelbourne said:
In-universe, I always pair Geralt with Yennefer because why the hell wouldn't you, but if we're talking my personal preference? Ciri.
Yennefer in the third game is a bit of a spanner in the works for people who haven't read the books. Because based on them, and the history and chemistry they have, Geralt and Yennefer are blatantly obviously meant to be together. But for people who only know the games Triss is the obvious choice, since she's one of the first characters introduced in the game, clearly cares deeply for Geralt and has been a vital character in both the previous installments. It creates a bit of a dissonance between the games, since the first two used the amnesia plot device to do their own thing separate from the books, while the third fires references to the them at every turn.