Poll: Whose motion sensing technology do you think is best?

sonicspin

Nov 13, 2008
This E3, Microsoft and Sony, both unveiled their motion sensing technology. Will they be able to surpass the Nintendo Wii's capabilities? Vote on whose technology you like best and tell me why!

Monocle Man

Apr 14, 2009
I can't really say, I haven't tested Sony's or Microsoft's thing, you know.

If they work as good and accurate as demonstrated, then Sony's sticks seem like an improved Wiimote-nunchuck.
While Microsoft's Natal might end up as something with very limited uses. You'll only have movements at your disposal, no buttons or anything and I don't have a very clear voice.

I'll wait till they're released before giving a proper judgement.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
This is not really a opinion thing. It is fact that Wii is superior, as Sony's has just been a fail fest. I suspect it will be the same for the 360 and find motion controls to be tacky 99% of the time. I am fine with just turning the control sticks.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
At the moment the only answer is Nintendo.

Why? Because it's the only one the pubic have had access to, the other two look promising but we've only seen them in controlled demo videos, where of course they work perfectly.

As it stands you're trying to compare an established product to two things that don't exist yet as far as the public is concerned. Comparison won't be possible until they're released and until trhen Nintendo's is best because it's here and it works.

WraithGadra

Dec 3, 2007
While Microsoft and Sony's technology certainly looks interesting, Nintendo is the only company to demonstrate actual software with theirs, as opposed to tech demos. Right now, Nintendo wins, but when the other two are released, I'll see if the statement needs to be revised.

GodsOneMistake

Jan 31, 2009
Not sure, the xbox's natal has the most potential... And Sony's is just a wii with better graphics

DM.

Mar 27, 2009
Nintendo is the only one released so far so it's a no brainer.

Even after Sony and Microsoft releases theirs, I'll still use the Wiimote on the PC.

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
I haven't seen Sony's stuff, but I suspect they will at least go in the right direction with it. Surpass the Wii? I doubt it.

The 360 will tank this project into the dirt. Come on, let's look at the fanbases; the Wii is (successfully) getting everyone but the whiny retarded kids who refuse to admit anything is fun unless it has an 18 certificate, the 360 has only the whiny retard kids who refuse to admit anything is fun unless it has an 18 certificate, and the PS3 is trying to please everyone.

Sorry, but the Xbox Wii60 is going to be just as hated as their stupid Mii-2 avatars.

Trogd0r

Jun 5, 2008
I think Project Natal has the most potential to be very, very awesome. It is not just a simple camera, you know?

Devildoc

Mar 26, 2009
Well, Sony's demos looked really really impressive in the video, and I think that it's a really strong second place, but the Wii motion plus has the same 1:1 tracking and uses a different technology that I'm more of a fan of. The fact that the PS3 Motion controller uses a camera for motion capture is a bit of a detractor as you need to stay in visual line of sight for the camera to track. The Wii remote uses infared and is more based on accelerometers inside the remote itself, though relative position is tracked compared to the sensor bar similar to how a camera would work (but since it's not visible light it's not as susceptible to interference like someone walking in front of you, etc.

So I'm still favoring Nintendo.

Microsoft's Natal project is a joke. The video demo is not actual gameplay and such. Also I want to be holding onto something, and having buttons is important. Natal project doesn't allow for that.

Total joke.

Devildoc

Mar 26, 2009
WraithGadra said:
While Microsoft and Sony's technology certainly looks interesting, Nintendo is the only company to demonstrate actual software with theirs, as opposed to tech demos. Right now, Nintendo wins, but when the other two are released, I'll see if the statement needs to be revised.
This is also huge. You can directly see in actual games how Wii motion plus works, the other 2.. Microsoft is all actors doing a video and then them doing cgi to respond to the actors.. Sony is using tech demos.

So Nintendo > Sony > Microsoft.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
The Wiimote is last since it's slow to react.

I don't know what to thing of Natal because the video was obviously scripted.

Sony's Eyecamera is cool but hasn't been used by developers yet. Also, the motion sensing stick for Sony was quite cool.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
At the moment the only answer is Nintendo.

Why? Because it's the only one the pubic have had access to, the other two look promising but we've only seen them in controlled demo videos, where of course they work perfectly.

As it stands you're trying to compare an established product to two things that don't exist yet as far as the public is concerned. Comparison won't be possible until they're released and until trhen Nintendo's is best because it's here and it works.
Playstation 3 Eyecamera?

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
If Microsoft's Natal can deliver (the way the Wii's motion sensors didn't, and turned Red Steel into Red Fail) then I think it'd be best. Those bewailing the lack of buttons should note that there's no reason why MS wouldn't allow games that used both Natal and a big-button or other controller. (Hey, Guitar Hero/Rock Band would be interesting under that dual-control scheme.) If it works even half as well as promised, then I'll give it the lead.

Sony's second kick at the motion-control can is less ambitious than Natal, and so might not be the same kind of game-changer, but as a result is more likely to have the fewest teething pains.

I'm putting Ninty last because the Wii Motion+ add-on is a fix for the limitations of the Wii controller's limitations, and the added cost only brings the platform back to where it should've been at launch.

All of this assumes that developers can actually deliver games that make motion controls be something other than an expensive novelty.

-- Steve

YYZed

Jun 25, 2008
Sonys was embarresing to watch, and its brought to us by the people who made eye toy so im predicting mass fail.

Microsofts was very impressive on video but everything that was live was a complete joke. the avatar was very glitchy and twitchy while the game was just random body flailing like the eyetoy. after watching that and then watching the first video for it im starting to question if any of that was real.

Nintendo is good a little inaccurate but they are apparently making that better so my votes for nintendo.

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
I don't like any of the motion controllers, and I really hope they don't become a standard for video games.