Poll: Why all the Dislike for Jeff Dunham?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Hi... OP here. Wow, over a hundred posts in one day? That's... impressive I guess.

Now that I think about it, more people seem to dislike Jeff Dunham rather than hate him... As for me, I've been a fan for a while now... though maybe not as much as I used to. I was surprised to find that some people didn't like the guy (though in hindsight, that might have been obvious), but I never really noticed.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Feb 13, 2008
jck4332 said:
I feel he's okay, a comedian I do not understand the popularity of though is Michael Mcintyre.
A friend of mine uses that as his benchmark for friendship.

Do you find Michael Mcintyre funny?
Yes.
We can never be friends.

Mcintyre's real problem is that he finds himself too funny. He's like the other radio presenter on "Good Morning Vietnam" - never engages with his audience.

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
I think he's funny, but the fact of the matter is that the better half of his act (Bubba Jay, Achmed, Sweet Daddy D, and Jose) depends on playing with stereotypes. If done in a matter that provokes thought this is alright, but if your just making simple stereotype jokes for half your act then your act is based of cheap and often ignorant laughs. Peanut makes me laugh, Walter makes me laugh, Bubba Jay just makes me groan.

TokenRupee

Oct 2, 2010
Sinclair Solutions said:
TokenRupee said:
HumpinHop said:
I think for the same reasons people didn't like early Dane Cook. Overwhelmingly popular but undeserving of his fame. His video of Achmed the Dead Terrorist has over one hundred million views, and based on that number it's hard to see why. He's a great ventriloquist, and an alright comedian, but the humor just seems 'safe for everyone', like the kind you'd see in an Adam Sandler movie. If you want to see 'safe for everyone' done well though, look up Brian Regan.
Man, I was beginning to think I was the only person who liked Brian Regan.

Anyway, Dunham's early stuff is good, while his later stuff is ok. Like any act, there's parts I don't find funny and others I laugh at. On the whole, he's alright.
Brian Regan is the man. My brother and I quote him to this day. "Got some apples? Cran-apples! Got some grapes? Cran-grape! Got some pork chops? CRAN-CHOPS!"

And, as for the topic, I feel that the phrase "undeserving of his fame" above is a bit harsh. The guy works hard and people like him. If they want to make him popular, it's not up to him. It's not a discussion of whether he deserves it, it's whether he worked for it. And he did. I salute the man for making a good living off of puppets. Takes talent.

But you know how it goes, something becomes popular and then the hate starts a-flowin'. Wouldn't take much mind of it.
Love that bit.

Besides, at least Dunham is miles better than Larry the Cable Guy or the awful, untalented hack known as Carlos Mencia.

Meggie

Dec 4, 2012
Hi,
I love Jeff Dunham <3
I think he is vary funny :D
And i have some dummies my self
So i get why he likes it. Its different for the
People that like ventriloquist dolls
And i mean by that that have them
You have a love and passion for them and
You think its more funny coz your into them
And i don't think that Jeff use the same stuff
A lot . Yes he may say some thing but he makes
New stuff to! Ok think of this if u where up on the
Stage in front of hundreds of people and you
Need to remember 2 and a half hrs of stuff
To say how well would you do huh?!?! But he
Inspirers me so much and i just love what he
Dos and i think you should judge if you don't now
A lot about ventriloquism!! Coz its a really cool
Hobby but there is a few people that even like
Or have ventriloquist dolls or even perform and I'm 19
And i will only watch him for stand up comedy coz i don't
Like the others and there not that funny and oh you need a sick
Kind of humor to watch his show !! :) oh and the dvd's i think
They don't have the same skits in each one they have
Ones i never herd in the others. I just seen him for his
2012-2013 tour and i thought he was amazing and i would
For Sheer go to another show he was supper funny in person :D
But i understand that not every one is going to like him but all i ask
Is to give him a chance and get a sick hummer first :p
But ill always love Jeff and the gang <3

May 17, 2010
I don't find him funny. He was mildly amusing for the first five mintues but then it got old really fast.