Poll: Why all the hate on Cats?

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Because unlike Dogs Cats don't mindlessly obey,and the control freaks in places of power just don't like that.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Voltron, ThunderCats, Swat Kats the Radical Squadron, Wild Cats(comic series), Felica(Dark Stalkers),The Lion King,Alex the Lion(Madagascar),& Bagheera(Black Panter from The Jungle Book) just to name a few of the good ones.

Apr 29, 2010
I personally find nothing wrong with cats. I actually like them, but I'm more of a dog person. I guess some people like how dogs show their emotions in a more open way than cats. Oh, and sometimes when I've tried to pet a cat, they'd bite me.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Vhite said:
Cats ARE evil. Thats why we love them.
Duh! I forgot about "Cats Don't Dance" your post reminded me thanks.

Also I can't believe I forgot about VGcats' Leo and Aeris.

bloodshed113094

Jul 16, 2010
Cat's are all that's good and cuddly with the world. Just because people speculate that cats are evil by conquering the Egyptians doesn't mean that makes them right, it makes them look stupid. Cat's are evil in mouse's eyes, so that's actually right. And isn't that a dog by Mikey Mouse, you know, Pete.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I have two cats, and while I love them, I do not appreciate it when they crap under the table in the basement (despite the perfectly good litter box in the next room), throw up wherever they please, knock their food dishes off of the kitchen table (can't be on the floor, dog eats the cat food otherwise) onto the tile floor in the middle of the night (Loud!), or when one of them decides to piss on a towel my brother neglected to pick up.

And remember how I mentioned that I had two? One of them technically belongs to my little sister, let me tell you some of the nicknames for this cat so you can get an idea of what this thing is like: Spawn of Satan, Devil/Demon Spawn, Demon Cat, Beast Cat and Dragon (after the monster cat in the Secret of Nimh).

I like cats as long as they are friendly, well behaved, and don't try to maul my hand when I'm trying to feed them just so they'll shut up for five minutes.

So there you go, the reason I am, primarily, a dog person.

Lavi

Sep 20, 2008
CATS.

Because in hell, they have to keep predators as pets.

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN DEMON-APPROVED.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Both cats and dogs show variation in behavior.

My mom's cat Tommy once picked up a tiny field mouse in his mouth, lifting it up by its tail, and carried it around without harming it at all. Granted, we did rescue the mouse before Tommy had a chance to do anything to it, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have injured it.

Then again, Patsy, a cat that kind of lives around our house, routinely kills birds and lizards and brings them to my mom as presents.

Rather than dogs being good and cats being evil, it's more that dogs think more like humans (since they're social mammals, like we are) while cats are more alien to us (because they're solitary mammals). But, who are we really to judge animals anyway? Animals don't think moralistically. They just do what they do. Save your labels of 'good' and 'evil' for Mother Teresa and Nazi Germany.

Personally, I find dogs to be obnoxious, smelly, needy, whiny, loud, difficult creatures that need rigorous training and constant care to be bearable (you know, like most of the humans we don't like dealing with). And I can't stand it when they try to lick every square inch of my body; their breath is terrible and I don't want to be covered in their saliva.

Cats, on the other hand, are still smelly but don't smell as strongly as dogs; unless you stick your face in them you can't really tell. They sometimes jump in your lap, but typically just sit there and don't try to lick every square inch of your body. I had a friends cat that would lick the back of my head (apparently he liked the taste of my hair gel) which was certainly a bizarre experience, but I must say I much prefer the sandpaper tongue of a cat to the wet gym sock that most dogs keep in their mouths. Cats also don't require you to walk them for an hour and a half every, single, fucking, day to keep them from pissing and shitting all over your house.

In my book, the only good dog is a dog that belongs to someone else. Dogs are fun, adorable, and can learn clever tricks. Dogs certainly have superior utility to cats, being able to herd sheep, chase off intruders, and hunt other animals. I just don't want to care for any of the needy bastards, and I don't want all my furniture and clothing to be covered in their smelly hair, to be awoken by their incessant barking, and to have to be constantly washing their slobber off my face and hands. I want to be able to fall asleep on my couch without having to wake up every thirty minutes to throw the dog off of me.

And finally, since OP spelled cats with a capital 'C', I originally thought he was referring to the Broadway musical.

ButterFunky

May 12, 2010
Don't like cats? I just don't like mine. Bojangles ( my cat, now known to the world as the late Furry Adolf Hitler the Third ) was the cutest cutest little kitten ever. At least until the day Bojangles started to show some age. See, Bojangles here used to be the center of all attention, hell, it was so adorable that made us do everything cats are supposed to do. It was so damn cute that it made my little brother catch mice for it. Bojangles was clever, evil, sadistic, manipulative and a freeloader. "It's soo cute, let's get another" my brother said, and that's what my parents did, they paired Bojangles with another cat and they gave offspring. If my thirty year old self can still remember, I think that Bojangles gave birth to 3 kittens. Guess what, they're all uber cute. How cute you may ask? Just like the ones people on 4chan worship. Hey, guess what? Bojangles was so jealous with the fact that she's noticed by no one but the soulless concrete wall that it tried to kill Junior One, Two and Three. It managed to kill its mate and Two, that's why we gave what's left of the triplets and disowned Bojangles. Few years later, I was about 13 when we disowned her, we found the same evil cat, broke the glass door and scratched everything. Plus she pooped on the kitchen door. I felt the need to kill her in the most brutal way possible. Now don't get me wrong, PETA. I like cats, it's just I don't like Bojangles, and the fact that it ruined the house....Our house. Wouldn't you get angry if all the meat-eating lovers formed a mob and ruined your secret headquarters? Okay, where was I? Oh right. We called animal control, there they caged her and we never saw her again.

Now there you have it.
I personally like cats, I just don't like owning them and Ang ika-tatlong anak ni Adolf Hitler (Tagalog for Adolf Hitler III)

EDIT: The vet. said that it had some mental disorder that made it do such a thing. The way it killed its victims is by constantly biting them as if it's eating something. It's been about 15 years since that happened so don't yell at me for some mistakes.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Lucane said:
Voltron, ThunderCats, Swat Kats the Radical Squadron, Wild Cats(comic series), Felica(Dark Stalkers),The Lion King,Alex the Lion(Madagascar),& Bagheera(Black Panter from The Jungle Book) just to name a few of the good ones.
You forgot the Samurai Pizza Cats.

I loved that show.