Poll: Why does Nintendo hate Metroid

Relnik

Oct 5, 2010
Iv'e started to notice that after the admitted bomb that The Other M was Nintendo seems to want nothing to do with Metroid anymore, and my evidence how many people actually knew that 2011 isn't just legend of Zelda's 25TH anniversary its Metroid's 25TH anniversary as well is it just me or is Nintendo intentionally ignoring Metroid i mean its one of Nintendo's top I.P.'s its not like everyone is gong to stop playing Metroid games because of one fault that Nintendo didn't even make my point here is WHY DOES NINTENDO HATE METROID!

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Probably because they have an upcoming Legend of Zelda game coming out and not an upcoming Metroid game so they're only celebrating the former of the two. I personally think their next game should describe the events between Super Metroid and Fusion thus erasing the existance of Other M. Sorta like cameos in Xmen First Class denounced Origins and Last Stand.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
They lost alot of money,they can't just poop out a game, and they can't afford the costs of creating a new game.(IMO)

I hate all nintoned's game exepet for super mario world so I don't really care.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Frankly I don't find myself caring about either since I learned a traditional Kirby game was on its way.

weker

May 27, 2009
metroid other M would have been epic if they hadn't put that story in, I think apart from metroid having a less avid fanbase it would have effected with zelda and maybe not done well.

Antagonist86

Reality On Hold
Nov 30, 2009
Don't worry, if there is one thing Nintendo does well it's beating dead horses.

There will be another Metroid, they probably just want to wait a bit till the stink of Other M clears the room.

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
To me, Metroid is better than Zelda (Yeah sue me), but even I won't jump and make another Metroid game yet after the Other M Backlash, things needs to be planned carefully from now on for the sake of the franchise.

Relnik

Oct 5, 2010
Shameless said:
To me, Metroid is better than Zelda (Yeah sue me), but even I won't jump and make another Metroid game yet after the Other M Backlash, things needs to be planned carefully from now on for the sake of the franchise.
trust me i wont

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
as I understand it unlike most of their other games, metroid isnt that popular in japan, its a bit more underground then most nintendo games are