Poll: Why hasn't LucasArts released a good Star Wars game this generation?

Scorekeeper

Mar 15, 2011
I didn't particularly care for The Force Unleashed but it was OK. I sat down and beat its sequel, The Force Unleashed II, in one sitting; I traded it in the following week. The last Star Wars game I liked was Empire at War, a PC game released in 2006.

What game would you like to see them publish or develop? I presume most answers will be long overdue sequels, hence the poll.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Battlefront 3, even though I really want another Jedi Knight game after the Force Unleashed left a sour taste in my mouth.

The problem for me is the Clone Wars - not a fan - I want KOTOR era, classic era (NH-ROTJ) or post ROTJ games.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Republic Commando. Seriously, that game is fucking awesome. Yes, I like it that much. <3

I'm generally not a fan of shooters but this game had the perfect balance. The voicework was great and best of all, it really captured the atmosphere. I've almost never been so immersed in a gameworld. Maybe it's not the best game ever mechanics and graphics wise and the campaign is a little short, but I don't care. The only thing I hated was it ended on a cliffhanger... yet another reason for a sequel. :p

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
I want the game they cancelled to make The Force Unleashed--Scum and Villainy. It sounded like Freelancer or Privateer, only with Star Wars instead. I'm much more interested in the Han Solo fantasy than I am in the Jedi fantasy they keep whoring out endlessly.

Tibs

Mar 23, 2011
I would really like a Republic Commando sequel. I really liked the first one and I felt it captured the universe very well. Things felt real(as far as Star Wars can feel real.

DeltaWolfson

May 9, 2011
I said Republic Commando, but if I was aloud too pick two I would pick Knights of the old Republic.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Republic Commando, the game is a really good game and not just a decent game set in the Star Wars universe. Battlefront is also very good but its kind of a Battlefield take on Star Wars so BF3 can ease the pain a little. Never played KOTOR.

Also, I really want to know what happened to Sev (the characters while being clones and faceless were very cool and had good personalities)

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I've said it before and I'll say it again: new Podracer game!

Episode 1: Racer was awesome - especially using a joystick. And the sound on it - the sound of the racers - was amazing.

Or a new Bounty Hunter game. I loved that.

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
TheWonko said:
Personally, I just want an ending to KOTOR II.
Agreed. Too bad it all went into the monstrosity of an MMO, The Old Republic....which I will be buying anyway because its still KOTOR. And it's Bioware. Curse you Bioware and LucasArts.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I'd like to see a sequel to the Jedi Knight games. Preferably a good one. Jedi Knight 2 is one of few games I actually can't find anything good to say about.

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
I chose KOTOR, because we need a KOTOR 3. I would also settle for Jedi Knight, Republic Commando or Battlefront. Pretty much all the franchises you listed deserve sequels...

N3vans

Apr 14, 2009
A new Jedi Knight story arc would be brilliant, maybe something set at the time Darth Vader & co take over Coruscant.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter. We need another good flight game.
I would agree... but I'm really holding out that Bungie is gonna take care of that now that they're done with Halo.

ARGH. I can't decide between Empire at War, Republic Commando and Battlefront.

Probably Battlefront though. That game is begging for a good multiplayer component. Although a Republic Commando game would probably have a better shot at an awesome single-player campaign.

Apr 5, 2008
Just get KotOR, Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy on Steam and get KotORII any other way you can. Those are the best Star Wars games period. They are fun enough to warrant replaying. Better to replay one of those when you get an itch rather than wondering when the next good one is coming out because short answer...it won't ;-)

AlexiVolkov

Mar 30, 2011
TIE Fighter, Republic Commando, Battlefront, Rouge Squadron in that order. Freaking amazing games when they came out, in may respects they still are the top of their class. And they give us stuff like Force Unleashed..... Thanks LA.... thanks sooo much for that

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I chose other because I would like to see all of the above in this generation. Mostly Jedi Knight and Battlefront. Yes I'm that much of a Star Wars fanboy.

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
I am convinced that LucasArts has developed an irrational fear of shitloads of money, because it has taken them a phenomenally long time to announce plans for a current generation Battlefront game for home consoles. I can only assume that they will continue doing this due to the release of the PS Vita, which despite the fact that it now has 2 analog sticks for proper gameplay on shooters, I will not get because of my oath to never buy another Sony gaming product again after they screwed the pooch with the PSP.

The main draw that I had towards Battlefront were the parts where I got to fly. In the first game, I constantly played on cloud city because it gave me the feeling of being an ace badass whenever I won the dogfights, which only continued to entertain me in the sequel because they were in SPACE! I've never liked the rogue squadron games because they never gave me a sense of accomplishment, which I blame on their undying habit of grading me poorly on most of their missions that are a constant succession of me doing all the work and getting barked at by lazy assholes who are too busy eating all the packed lunches in the command center.