Poll: Why not .PDF Articles?

ImpostorZim

Jan 7, 2009
Just a thought that came out of nowhere today while I was reading an article and I thought about how awesome those downloadable articles are. I was curious as to why they're not all released as downloadables.

I personally really enjoy them, what are your thoughts on the .pdf articles? Would you like to see more in the future?

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
I think I would like to be able to read them on, say, a Kindle during a flight, but it's not a big deal.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
The Escapist used to be a .PDF only format back in its earlier days. They switched away from that format to the new system because it's (a) easier to make and (b) cheaper. PDFs are now only reserved for special issues, such as the week of the Escapist's "birthday."

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Heart of Darkness said:
The Escapist used to be a .PDF only format back in its earlier days. They switched away from that format to the new system because it's (a) easier to make and (b) cheaper. PDFs are now only reserved for special issues, such as the week of the Escapist's "birthday."
That, basically. As nice as it would be, it's a rather time consuming (and therefore more expensive) process.

ImpostorZim

Jan 7, 2009
Ok, so it's basically an unnecessary pain in the butt to make. I guess that makes sense. :p