Poll: Wii U and Xenoblade X or Destiny?

InfinityX

Jul 14, 2013
Gundam GP01 said:
Dominic Crossman said:
Gundam GP01 said:
Dominic Crossman said:
Destiny locks out content if you don't buy expansion packs.
There's LESS in the base game then at release, and if they get away with once they'll do it again to Destiny next year.

Sooo.... yeah almost ANYTHING but Destiny, which for you would be Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Side note: played Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS and I just don't get the hype. It's literally the only one of my 20+ 3ds games I haven't bothered (or be bothered to in the future) complete.
Maybe you should have played it on hardware that could actually handle it then.

How far did you get BTW?
Ermmm... just past the part where the king feather head people fulfilled his destiny. Had nothing to do with graphics, gameplay just never became fun and I played it a good 33 hours.
I stand by my statement that you should have played it on actual hardware.
I can't speak for him, but I agree with him, even on the WiiU, though the graphics were amazing and story wasn't bad...the combat was shallow (at least, compared to other JRPGs). I doubt much was changed in the 3ds and WiiU in terms of that.

That being said, Xenoblade X looks like it improves on the combat in every way, I'm looking forward to it, and would highly recommend getting that first. Or just wait for reviews to come in before making a decision. I don't think Destiny is going anywhere

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
I think it might depend on if you have friends to play these games with. Most of Destiny's endgame content is locked from solo players, and while I've had lots of fun with the game (90 hours at this point), it's very disappointing knowing that I'll never be able to do the Raids and stuff. Xenoblade doesn't seem to have this limitation.

Another thing is you might want to wait and see how bad Destiny's microtransactions get before buying it. They've started with emotes but who knows what else they'll do. Plus, the longer you wait with Destiny, the more will be added to it. You can just wait till Destiny 2 comes out and buy the GOTY edition of the first one then. You won't be like us day one people who've had to pay over $100 to beta test a game.

I would probably save for the Wii U and Xenoblade right now.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Normally, I would say you should get Xenoblade and a Wii U. After all, that's what I'm going to be getting in a few months when it comes out. But if money is as big a problem for you right now as you say, perhaps you should put off getting any new games at all? If time and money are so tight for you right now, maybe it's just not the time for new games?

I know it's tough, but you can always get them later. And there are tons of cheap and free games you can play in your spare time right now if you really want. Think about it carefully if you really need new games right now at all.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Destiny sounds like all of the grinding of an RPG (but as an FPS) without the compelling story to go along with it. I'm also hearing enough "it's good to play, but not good enough to sink money into" type quotes to convince me I'm not missing out on much. Even the positives of the game don't sound like paying $60 (plus the price of a new console for me), the online subscription and any extra costs for every DLC package are worth it.

To disclose some bias, I'm still mad that Bungie/MS locked out the neat gametypes whenever new maps went up for sale during the Halo days. I'm not too trusting of the combination of Bungie and an even worse publisher.

I haven't played Xenoblade, either, but I'd say buy the disc for Xenoblade Chronicles X if you want the physical copy ASAP. I still think they wont press enough discs to last a long time. Within a year after release, I predict used copies will sell online for as much, if not more than, the original retail cost. Get the Wii U later if you can't afford the other $300 (or whatever a used Wii U costs).

If money is an issue or you don't care about physical copies, wait until the Wii U drops in price again. The NX news that has circled the internet for the past few months has everybody holding off on buying a Wii U and it's only gotten worse with yesterday's rumor about the hardware and dev kits. The Wii U even lost it's one major holiday season title to a big delay. In the next few months, Nintendo might give in to the PS4 and Xbox being only $50 away and lower the price at least for the holidays. Of course, Nintendo is also stubborn and hasn't made much off the Wii U so that might not happen. Just my two cents. You can always find a way to try Destiny and see if you like that while you wait for the Xenoblade machine to become cheaper.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
First I thought the poll will show a massive number against the Wii U, but then I realized it's against Destiny. I didn't play it for long. Played it at a friends place and he's crazy for it and plays it constantly, but I honestly don't see how the game is appealing to anyone. It's bad as a shooter, it's bad as a MMO. It fails to excel at anything.

So as you might guess, I voted for Wii U and Xenoblade X. I loved Xenoblade. The world was great, the music is one of the best in the industry, the story is full of cliches but kinda done nicely. If it wasn't on the Wii, it would have looked fantastic. Even on the Wii Monolith Soft managed to make it look gorgeous as long as you didn't zoom in and see the flat faces, and super low rez textures.
X seems to have the great music and world, also flying mecha, so yeah. I'm hyped for it.

SoreWristed

Dec 26, 2014
I voted destiny, but I fully realise it's not for everyone.

Unless you really fall in love with the gunplay (which is amazing as far as console shooters tend to go) and like the game's universe, you won't get much out of it.

With TTK the game has improved massively. It's a lot friendlier for new players and progress is very sensible right now.

You can play the game doing whatever you want and you will be making progress in doing so. The only downside is that older raids have lost their relevance, which is a shame since VoG is still one of my best experiences with any game. You will find a lot of players willing to act as sherpas on either the reddit or bungie community.

Nothing against xenoblade, nothing against the WII U, I just like them less. A new console is probably the better idea of the two, it opens up way more options for the future. But at least try the Destiny demo.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
I'm currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles and I love it so I now want Chronicles X even more. Got it pre-ordered and it looks awesome. It's a shame that, from the sounds of it, it's only a spiritual sequel but I still can't wait for it to be released.

From what I've heard/seen of Destiny it leaves a lot to be desired. I know someone that has probably put in 1000+ hours by now but that's because of grinding quests looking for equipment.

My vote easily goes to Xeno

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I'd pick Wii U. That being said, I don't think I'll buy one until I find out more about their new upcoming console.

Buckets

May 1, 2014
As someone said, Destiny demo first, see if it suits you. Important thing is do you want a Wii U? If you wanted one anyway (maybe for other games available) then get it when the game is released, they will probably do a package which would reduce the price a bit.

Alex Baas

Dec 2, 2011
Ryallen said:
09philj said:
Xenoblade, but that's just what I would do, because I bloody love JRPGs and am considering getting a Vita just for Persona 4.
I have been considering that as well, believe it or not. But, again, it's a money issue more than anything.
If it helps, I recently got a Vita and Persona 4 on pure whim. I had never played anything SMT before and only kinda knew that people seemed to like Persona 4. The traces of buyers remorse for dropping $160 vanished within 160+ quality hours I put in. I honestly cannot say I disliked even a second of Persona 4. I even bought my friend a PS2 and Persona 4 just because I believe that everyone should play Persona 4.

But that is just my opinion

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Rather than which is objectively better or whatever....

Do you prefer playing games with friends or alone?