Poll: Wii U or gaming PC?

Quirkymeister

May 1, 2015
Yes, I'm thinking PC is a greater priority. Mostly because I thought back to my Wii, and how little I used it compared to just about every other gaming platform I had. So yes, PC it is.

Las7

Nov 22, 2014
If you have to choose between the two - get a gaming PC. There is just too much on PC and all consoles pale in comparison.
You could also use it to do other things.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
BiH-Kira said:
[...]
BeerTent said:
One thing that everyone is going to tell you though? Is that PC's are expensive. They're not. Two components of your PC are going to be expensive. That's your Processor, which could go from $80-$120, and your Video card, which can go up to $250. Everything else is under $100.
Depends where you live. In the US it is maybe cheap for you, but in my country it's all so damn expensive that it takes you like 3 average monthly salaries to buy just a mediocre PC. What's $200 in the US is like +$350 in my country. A 1TB hard drive is ~$100 while it's ~$50 on amazon.com The "myth" that gaming PC's are expensive isn't really a myth since they are expensive in the biggest part of the world, which is outside the US.
Weird how this didn't show up in my feed. The Grain feed! The chickens ate it!

It really depends on what you get. If you splurge on a 1TB HDD, and a current Gen mobo, with a current gen Videocard, then yeah, it's going to be expensive as hell. It's best to go two or three generations back, and start working from there because at this point, all of these components will likely be going on sale, and their prices would have been slashed pretty hard to make room for the $400 current gen super speed stuff. Bearing in mind, Current Gen stuff isn't that much more powerful over 3 or so generations back. (And generations can span from half of a year to 1 year in hardware.)

You can do just fine on a smaller HDD, and if you go with platters for HDD's, I'd recommend getting a smaller drive for more often used volumes, and bigger when it comes to straight up storage. The speed difference is probably nothing noticeable, but when your budget's a dime, you chase silly stuff like this.

Itsuki93

Mar 16, 2015
As someone who owns a PS4, a PC and a Wii U I can say I use my PS4 the most, closely followed by PC. As you're not wanting a PS4 or an XBOne I'd say PC. My Wii U is currently only used for Bayonetta 2 and Mario Galaxy whereas my PC is used for around 60ish games give or take.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Both! That covers 95% of any relevant games from this generation.