Poll: Will you be bored by this article?

XeroDesign

May 31, 2011
Dear Fellow Escapists,

If I could borrow a few moments of your time, please read the following article idea, and tell me if you think you would be bored by the full article. Thank you.

"ZombiU was probably the best demo of the WiiU technology at the 2012 E3. Permadeath, arcade survival, and everyone's favorite brain eating monsters aside, the game's excellent use of the controller made it seem much more dynamic and visceral than its peers. One has to wonder, can such a game appear on the Xbox 360, PS3, or PC?

This article would analyze the (purely technical) possibility of recreating the ZombiU experience on the PC and non-Nintendo consoles, using currently existing (or announced) hardware."

Najos

Aug 4, 2008
Sorry, but I'd probably skim it at best. Also, it sort of feels like you don't know what you're talking about when you question if a console game could be recreated on PC.

XeroDesign

May 31, 2011
Thank you for your input. It's appreciated. Would you say that the idea itself is boring or is it my representation of it? Similarly, do you normally read articles about video game technology?

Najos said:
t sort of feels like you don't know what you're talking about when you question if a console game could be recreated on PC.

A dual screen game like ZombiU hasn't ever been done on the PC or the other consoles (at least to my knowledge). You can obviously invent hardware specifically for the game and bundle it with the title. I'm talking about making a game that plays like ZombiU, but uses currently existing hardware that you may already own (and I believe it to be possible on all three remaining platforms).

Najos

Aug 4, 2008
XeroDesign said:
Thank you for your input. It's appreciated. Would you say that the idea itself is boring or is it my representation of it? Similarly, do you normally read articles about video game technology?

Najos said:
t sort of feels like you don't know what you're talking about when you question if a console game could be recreated on PC.

A dual screen game like ZombiU hasn't ever been done on the PC or the other consoles (at least to my knowledge). You can obviously invent hardware specifically for the game and bundle it with the title. I'm talking about making a game that plays like ZombiU, but uses currently existing hardware that you may already own (and I believe it to be possible on all three remaining platforms).

The idea itself would just bore me, but I'm not a fan of the topic. I don't read much of anything about video game technology, especially hardware that I don't plan on buying. Basically, I'm not in your audience, so don't worry about what I think.

To be honest, I'm not overly familiar with ZombiU, but the WiiU is just a PC in a different box with a more complicated keyboard. If the game is using multiple screens for different things (something like a map on the second screen, for instance) then that can be done using two monitors. I'm also pretty sure a tablet could be programmed to work similar to a second monitor.

XeroDesign

May 31, 2011
Najos said:
To be honest, I'm not overly familiar with ZombiU, but the WiiU is just a PC in a different box with a more complicated keyboard. If the game is using multiple screens for different things (something like a map on the second screen, for instance) then that can be done using two monitors. I'm also pretty sure a tablet could be programmed to work similar to a second monitor.
It does a variety of different things with the second screen (inventory, sniper zoom-in so you aim with the second screen, bioscanner-thingamajig, keypad when opening locked door, etc.). Only one of those features would be possible with a second monitor. Also, while using a tablet sounds like a good idea, it would either take away the excellent mouse and keyboard combo, or require people to hastily switch between controllers. Interestingly enough, the latter option would actually enhance ZombiU.

Anywho, most people voting say that they would be bored by the idea. I should probably let it go, or seek a more technically curious audience.