Poll: Will you buy a PS5 or Xbox 'two'?

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
No. There are plenty of games I'd LIKE to play on the Playstation 4 right now but I'm not paying for it when I don't even have time to play the game backlog in my PC and now Switch library. Most of the games that come out to the consoles are multiplatform now so there's not really a reason to get an X-box or Playstation since most of what they offer are on Steam already.

The Switch gives me something different which is gaming on the go, which sets it apart from my PC. It may not be as powerful but I can't take my gaming PC around with me and I wouldn't be able to take whatever new X-box or Playstation consoles they release with me on the go so they will be neither as powerful as my PC nor portable like my Switch, so no. Time and money have decided things for me.

Jan 19, 2016
Maybe. At the end of the day, it all depends on the games that they announce for it. X1X proved that a powerful console is pretty useless without compelling exclusives to play on it.

Mar 30, 2010
hanselthecaretaker said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Xbox. It's not a question of exclusives, or console specs, or price - it's a question of how many of my friends game on each platform. Currently as it stands I have 1 friend who owns a Playstation and 24 friends who own Xboxes. Therefore I shall be getting an Xbox so that I can continue to game with my friends.

That having been said I only got my One X last year, so if the next generation shows it's face any time soon I'll be pissed.

Jesus...did they all start gaming with Halo or something? I?d be more pissed to be hamstrung to a largely inferior gaming device; at least in terms of worthwhile software. Do they at least play games you like?
I've currently got 146 games in my Xbox library, so there are a few titles I don't mind. :)

And to be fair the One X is currently the most powerful console on the market, so even if the games I'm playing aren't exclusive to the XBone they'll run better on my One X than if I was running them on a PS4 Pro.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I'm still pissed the PS4 and Xbone even exist. All the lies told during the lead-up to launch, and gamers just let them get away with it.
I expect the same thing with the next gen. PS5, now with mandatory motion controls and built in foot stabbing technology(motion controls and foot stabber 3000 not mandatory in Deluxe Edition) with all new improved graphics that we totally don't dumb down for the launch, and brand new games like Skyrim Supreme Edition and the Remaster of Spider Man 2018!
Pre-order for only $799.99 and get a PS5 controller, absolutely free!

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's so pointless anyone bringing out a new console for a good 5 years that I don\t think I'll bother.

Sep 24, 2008
Silentpony said:
I'm still pissed the PS4 and Xbone even exist. All the lies told during the lead-up to launch, and gamers just let them get away with it.
I expect the same thing with the next gen. PS5, now with mandatory motion controls and built in foot stabbing technology(motion controls and foot stabber 3000 not mandatory in Deluxe Edition) with all new improved graphics that we totally don't dumb down for the launch, and brand new games like Skyrim Supreme Edition and the Remaster of Spider Man 2018!
Pre-order for only $799.99 and get a PS5 controller, absolutely free!
I'm at the same vein with these thoughts. I don't even comprehend exactly WHY they exist. I was going to get a ps4 because of Silent Hills, because Holy Shitting Tap Dancing Christ Silent Motherfucking Hills.

But save for that, so many of the library is shared between MS and Sony that pledging money to one or the other seems pointless. It's about to be 5 years and I'm still looking for real reasons to want to purchase either.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
Probably both eventually, as for which one I'll get first, probably depends on which console manufacturer decides to shit the bed this time. I suppose its Sony's turn, especially given the PS4's success seems to have gone to their heads but you never know.

Fonejackerjon

Aug 23, 2012
Never really answered the thread yet, but for me I?d get a PS5 once the inevitable redesign is established, mainly because Sony has outstanding exclusives and a healthier than average corporate philosophy towards game development. I think we?re still another generation away from consoles being mere Roku boxes or other streaming-centric garbage. When that hits there better be a pricing restructure because I won?t be paying $60 or even half that a pop to rent games stored on a server somewhere.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
A new Xbox I would sadly have to say no. I've had great experiences on Xbox, even traveled the world to meet people I met on Xbox Live. Yet everything that made me fall in love with the platform is now available on my PC and I don't have to pay a fee to be able to do it.

It's Microsoft that have killed my interest in the Xbox as a console.

When I can find someone to buy my Xbox One S I'm going to purchase an PS4 and will look more more favorably on the Sony side of things with the next generation, as they are offering experiences that I can't get on my PC.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Grouchy Imp said:
Xbox. It's not a question of exclusives, or console specs, or price - it's a question of how many of my friends game on each platform. Currently as it stands I have 1 friend who owns a Playstation and 24 friends who own Xboxes. Therefore I shall be getting an Xbox so that I can continue to game with my friends.

That having been said I only got my One X last year, so if the next generation shows it's face any time soon I'll be pissed.
Save some friends for the rest us geez.

I jest, but seriously, and this is a honest to god question, why not steer them towards the platform with the most games/exclusives? Certainly that would be the most advantageous of position no?

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I'm trying to make the move to PC as much as possible by the time the next generation comes out. With Microsoft seemingly being fine releasing every game on their consoles onto the latest version of Windows, it'll have to be PS5. Plus I like their exclusives better.

Mar 30, 2010
Lufia Erim said:
Grouchy Imp said:

Save some friends for the rest us geez.

I jest, but seriously, and this is a honest to god question, why not steer them towards the platform with the most games/exclusives? Certainly that would be the most advantageous of position no?
It would be, and in fact Coates and myself did try that at the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One, but we didn't get the interest we were hoping for. As for exclusives, the only real exclusives that would have tempted me to make the switch were Gran Turismo and No Man's Sky - well, No Man's Sky is now out on XBox and I've swapped out Gran Turismo for Project Cars. Plus you have devs like Bethesda and Rockstar who now produce games primarily for Xbox and port to PC and PS.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I hope not! I haven't really worked through my Gen 8 stuff and PC is getting better all the time. And I just got the NES and SNES classics. And PS1 Classic drops 12/3.

I was going to skip gen 9 and maybe get 10 when I realized I'm old. This may be it for me.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Something Amyss said:
If they're really cloud gaming devices, no.

I firmly believe in not buying things I can't use.
There's no way they'll be cloud devices because then most people wouldn't be able to use them.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Something Amyss said:
If they're really cloud gaming devices, no.

I firmly believe in not buying things I can't use.
There's no way they'll be cloud devices because then most people wouldn't be able to use them.
It's the gaming industry. Stupid choices are their bread and butter.

Well, no. DLC and MTs are their bread and butter now. But stupid decisions are a favourite condiment, like mustard on their hot dog.