Poll: Will you stick with the Mass Effect series after ME 3?

saintchristopher

Goes "Ding" When There's Stuff.
Aug 14, 2009
I mean, this is an entire universe they've created. there are a million stories left to be told. could they be as compelling as "sentient machines will destroy EVERYTHING unless you stop them"? maybe not, but I think they are stories worth exploring nonetheless.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Probably not. I tire of Bioware and all the silly little things that they have been doing lately. A company that prides themselves on having so much to do with story had a horrible plot hole ridden story in ME2 and I have little hope for the story of ME3. I'll play ME3, and it will probably be good, but Bioware is starting to get on my nerves. It seems like they are going to try to milk it to the last drop instead of bowing out after a well received and highly profitable trilogy. I have no real respect for that. Also I'm still mad that Jade Empire 2 isn't being made, best of the Bioware games imo, and it may never get an encore.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
I will stick with Mass Effect until Its death just as i am with the Halo Series.

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
MetallicaRulez0 said:
As long as it's made by Bioware, I'm in.
Pretty much this. So far I have loved every Bioware game I have played. Granted, that's only DA:O, DA 2, the Mass Effects, and KOTOR, but still. They make some really great games, and I'm going to give whatever they come up with next a shot.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
if they don't screw up the universe with me3 i might stay depends on what the next game in the universe is and what kind of gameplay it has

i don't mind if its an mmo as long as its not a clone or cheap knock-off

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
If it looks interesting I'll most likely stick to it. I've been pretty steady in liking most of what BioWare puts out(Didn't like DA:Orgins, but I loved DA2, and loved all of ME and ME2, and KotOR back in the day), I've been to weather the controversy that BioWare has been through, and for me all of said controversy hasn't effected the games, meaning don't agree with 99% of what some people complain about.

Edit: Forgot to add, I bought both ME1 and 2 together for 40 dollars(360)in December 2010, I beat them of course(with all the DLC). Back near the start of last December, I pre-ordered my copy of the Limited Collector's Edition of ME3, not just because I thought all the stuff in it looks and sounds awesome, but because I knew about the special character and mission DLC that was going to be free with the CE, I didn't know what it was going to be, but I got the CE anyway because I knew BioWare/EA was going to charge for it at launch.

boag said:
Lets see, Starwars has been shit for more than a Decade and I dont really like the new Startrek.

If no new Sci Fi Franchise pops up I might just stick with it to see where it leads.
I've got to say Star Trek Online has been handled very well for the most part by Cryptic(now owned by Perfect World).

I like that I can cut out the excess flare in the game and just have my captain and crew wear the old Next Gen Movie uniforms(since they are free and don't have to be purchased special).

I was a bit worried that it would capitalize too much on the latest movie(which I thought was crap), but while the box art and logo make it look that way, all the new stuff is purely cosmetic. And I'm happy that they set it in the future of the normal(all series) timeline.

I'm quite satisfied with it; to me, it embodies for the most part what I expected from a Star Trek MMO. For me the ground stuff is adequate, but the space battles are phenomenal. I also like that they went with a method for the main story missions that makes them out to be like actual show episodes like if I was playing the episodes out instead of just watching them.

I think it is nice contrast to compare to EVE online, in that it takes forever to do things in EVE(practically real time), while with STO, I was able to level cap in a modest month of playing, and you can travel to practically every sector of space in the game in 40 minutes(it's a daily mission) sometimes less depending on how your ship is leveled and equipped.

Plus STO is now free to play, and it is literally possibly to get everything in the store for free as well, with some effort of course. Earned Dilithium can be traded for store points.

Oh look, I'm rambling, that's enough.