Poll: World Of Warcraft Catalysm- Too much?

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
HG131 said:
They're trying to beat TOR. They fear it.
This is exactly what I thought. I think there have been a lot of ambitious ideas floating around Blizzard for some time now, but with no compelling business argument for taking the risk of trying to implement them. But "EA is coming for us and they are dual-wielding George Lucas and BioWare," has a certain urgency to it. I think (I'm hoping) that SWTOR will be very good for WoW, and vice versa. There's nothing like a good healthy rivalry to kick the creativity into gear.

AlisonPrime

Jun 20, 2008
Salmaras said:
AlisonPrime said:
Salmaras said:
TheDoctor455 said:
Lastly, why aren't all of the Blood Elves with Kael'Thas and Illidan in that dimension that the Orcs came from?
Because "apparently" Those wern't all the blood elves, which it didn't mention before. But it's not unbelievable since it set up the fact that someone was still ruling over them at silvermoon. And the ones that Keal'thas took were in Outlands, since we got to them all.

Anyway, OT: Admittedly, Cataclysm does sort of leave a few things in a confused state lore-wise, such as Night elves being mage. But it still all sounds fun and personally iv'e been getting a little bored of Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms.

Also, I <3 Worgen
There is a difference between blood elves and high elves

Their eyes

Yes their Eyes can give them away to being either a blood or a high elf and frankly, I thought the alliance should have gotten a High Elf race over a Werewolf but werewolves are ok

To tell the difference - Blood Elf eyes glow Green, High Elf eyes shine blue - So Green is Blood, Blue is High
The high elves don't come into it, theres high elves in azeroth who stayed behind and the ones that followed Keal'thas into Outlands with Illidan.
High Elves are ones who havent given into magic corruption, hence their blue eyes, Blood elves did, and hence the green eyes

RedPandaMan

I bought this to skip ads.
Oct 23, 2008
frankenpimp said:
All revamped zones will be an improvment.
Desolace- look at me with a straight face and tell me you have ever quested in Desolace
I did. That was a where my friend and I got from 30-40 on our original characters. It was awesome, and is my favorite zone in the game. Hell, I still have never leveled a character more than 2 levels in STV.

On-topic: I think it is a great idea. Most of the old zones are poorly designed and, well, we've all seen em too many times. I think it will improve the zones and entice old characters back.

Draco Kaiser

Mar 20, 2009
To me it seemed like a Expansion came out to fast. Like it's only been a year since WotLK was released, right?

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Changing what the areas look like was a good idea, it'll keep things fresh. At least for a little while.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
The Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdore were unaltered for about four years..... Something New would be nice.... I intend to explore the continents before Cataclysm comes out...

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
the original starting areas needed to be fixed wand what better way then to destroy everything and start anew?

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
Glefistus said:
Jenkins said:
couldn't care, WoW has gotten so ridiculously easy that going through the content is like a hot knife through butter.

BRING BACK VANILLA WOW.
He speaks the truth.
Also, lore is dead.
seriously, this is how you progress through the high end game:

1)faceroll keyboard
2)???
3)Profit

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
'Lore Knowledgable'
It's mandatory progression of established story line. It's not too much, be quiet heathen. '0'
I. liek it. So anyone whining about it I'm just not too fussed.

For those claiming easy for current WoW. Demanding video of your assassination of the Hard Mode Ulduar bosses thank you.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Jenkins said:
Glefistus said:
Jenkins said:
couldn't care, WoW has gotten so ridiculously easy that going through the content is like a hot knife through butter.

BRING BACK VANILLA WOW.
He speaks the truth.
Also, lore is dead.

1)faceroll keyboard
2)???
3)Profit
You know you say that, but every single person that plays WoW joins the PUG group full of knuckle-dragging morons at least once a week. I swear I often wonder how these people feed themselves or wipe their own ass without having their hand held.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Jenkins said:

1)faceroll keyboard
2)???
3)Profit
We don't all play Paladins (kidding). Anyway, if you honestly believed that then you only need to look at some of the guild progressions stats to see the truth. No PUG save a godly never-before-seen Superpug is downing Anub'Arak for the lulz. Unless you're pissed about people getting gear easily, in which case I am forced to scoff at your pettiness good sir. Are you honestly suggesting gear outweighs skill? Bah I say, more epics for everyone, scrubs will still never get their paws on any of the Hard mode ToC loot, let alone see it.

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
A bit... still gonna play it though! Im looking forward to the new class combos!

Dr. Love

Apr 18, 2009
frankenpimp said:
All revamped zones will be an improvment.
Barrens- CHUCK-FUCKING-NORRIS!
Darkshore- It wasn't interesting in the first place and the quests sucked
Desolace- look at me with a straight face and tell me you have ever quested in Desolace

The only zone I will miss is Azshara. Never quested there, but I fear for Azuregos. Without him no more doing the SotSS quests for funzies. And he is soloable, soloing a raid boss made my balls feel big.

EDIT: I also heard that Garrosh will be a major character. I he gets beaten to death with a pillow. And Tauren pallys are just silly.
i have quested there >< won't say it was pleasent with a straight face though

geon106

Jul 15, 2009
I do and i don't.

For me, its a welcome change and will breathe new life into WoW, for new players, they will miss what Azeroth used to look like and won't see it in its beautiful splender.

So it's catch 22 tbh

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Glefistus said:
Also, lore is dead.
In Wraith: continuation from the end of the Frozen throne (expansion onto WC3)
burning crusade: continuation from the end of WC3
Cataclysm: uses the lore from the book 'War of the ancients' (quite a good trilogy I must say)

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
Ultrajoe said:
Jenkins said:

1)faceroll keyboard
2)???
3)Profit
We don't all play Paladins (kidding). Anyway, if you honestly believed that then you only need to look at some of the guild progressions stats to see the truth. No PUG save a godly never-before-seen Superpug is downing Anub'Arak for the lulz. Unless you're pissed about people getting gear easily, in which case I am forced to scoff at your pettiness good sir. Are you honestly suggesting gear outweighs skill? Bah I say, more epics for everyone, scrubs will still never get their paws on any of the Hard mode ToC loot, let alone see it.
umm gear DOES outway skill in WoW.

look in trade chat, " LFM (blank raid) WILL CHECK GEAR AND ACHIEVEMENTS, NO NUBS WANTED"
that is the general feel of it.

raids were hard in Vanilla WoW and for the most part, TBC.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I think it makes perfect sense. Considering we've seen two Old God attacks in the past (C'thun in Silithus and Yogg-Saron in Storm Peaks), it makes sense that they'd unleash their greatest champion upon the world: Deathwing the infernal Black Dragon, so powerful is he that the land he flies over is sundered and charred. In truth, between the knowledge gained from Ulduar regarding the Old Gods (in that the containment systems within Azeroth are failing), they're expanding on that and making their story that much more epic.