Poll: World of Warcraft Classic Announcement

Kerg3927

Jun 8, 2015
deadish said:
Not sure how it's going to sustain itself with no new content planned for it.

After players level to 60 and clear Naxx ... then what?
Leveling to 60 (used to take a few months). Farming Scholo/Strat/Dire Maul/LBRS/UBRS to gear up. Forming a 40-man team. Progressing through Molten Core. Farming Fire Resist gear for everyone so you can down Ragnaros. Farming MC for a while to gear up. Moving on and doing the same in Blackwing Lair, then AQ, then Naxx.

Probably not something that can be done by most guilds in less than a year. Many will take multiple years to get through it. Many will never make it all the way through. So it will occupy people for a while. And then there's always alts.

Zeras

Apr 2, 2013
I'll second anyone whose been saying that Warcraft IV NEEDS to happen. WoW is just...I almost don't have the words to describe it.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Vanilla WoW was really tedious. So. Much. Grinding. The first expansion Burning Crusade fixed so much that it's not even funny.

Some people (a very very small number) will actually want this, so it is awesome that those people finally get this. But I don't think it will re-capture the old glory. Playing WoW Vanilla when it was new was an amazing experience, a taste of a new world, and a one-time experience that will never be had again. I think a lot of people think they'd like to go back, until they realize that the experience just doesn't capture the same magic that it once did.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I am wondering how faithful and exact Classic WOW is gonna be?

Is it gonna come out with the game as of the Drums of War Patch? (The most latest patch of Vanilla WOW prior to the release of the Burning Crusade expansion)

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_1.12.0

As of that patch all the Raid Tiers (Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Ahn'qiraj, and Naxrammas) and all the Battlegrounds (Arathi Basin,Warsong Gultch, Alterac Valley) are out.

Or are they gonna recreate Vanilla WOW timeline so we have to wait until each patch comes out, so does that mean a recreation of the opening of the gates of Ahn'qiraj?