Poll: worst AI moments in gaming(coughhalo3cough)

Madlarkin

Nov 25, 2007
Mass Effect ¬_¬

"Shit something shooting, take cover"
*Ducks behind the nearest crate*
"guys take..guys, guys!"

I seriously regret being the class that only use's the pistol now, time to reroll soldier me thinks.

Hellion25

May 28, 2008
I despised everything about Ashley in RE4. Carefully walk through a bunch of bear traps and the ***** just plows headlong into them and manages to get caught in every one. I even managed to accidentally kill her with a magnum through a door at one point. Shot through one of those big fellas right through the door and into her stupid little blonde head.

I'm convinced that CAPCOM knew how crap she was so they put in that little set piece where shes trapped in those metal shackles. I've never had so much satisfaction from sniping a game character in the head. Must have earned about 5 game overs doing that in my first play through.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
I wrote a review of Bad Company that mentions this: The AI is so erratic that sometimes they're using advanced tactics and other times their chasing butterflies

shadowyoasis

Feb 8, 2008
Halo 3 AI driving is humorous to say the least.

one of the missions I cleared the area so all we had to do was get to the next, I hopped on the warthog, gunner side cause I wanted to blast away with the gun.

So the AI decided instead of going to the next mission point it would rather drive in an odd circle 3 times then crash headlong into a rock and then it parked the warthog there.

the jellyman

Jul 24, 2008
all 3 of your 'heroic'squadmates in battlefield bad company, who, in half the singleplayer game, on medium, have killed agrand total of 18 enemies. Way to go, retards!
I also hate the way that one of them has an RPG and yet refuses to use it on tanks but will happily blast a small dog 20000 yards away into small bits for no reason.

Acehalo-2

May 25, 2008
For me it's probably Battlefield: Bad Company. I say 'probably' because I know I've had worse moments, but all I can remember AI-wise is B:BC.

Anyway, (This is singleplayer) Sometimes I will see a Russian and he just stares at me while I turn him into a lead sandwich. And other times Haggard, Sweetwater and Sarge will run infront of me, get hit by my bullet and then complain that I shot them.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
the monopoly guy said:
pha kin su pah said:
mspencer82 said:
Half-Life 2. It seems like every NPC in your "squad" later in the game is out to block every damn doorway and stairwell. As if the overabundance of crates weren't enough. Hell, at least you can shoot the crates.
+

health = 97%

"Gordon, have a medipac!", "Gordon, you look like you need this","Gordon, have a medipac!", "Gordon, you look like you need this","Gordon, have a medipac!", "Gordon, you look like you need this","Gordon, have a medipac!", "Gordon, you look like you need this"

=_=
"Gordon reload!"...I'm using my crowbar
The AI won't duck for cover, or shoot what they're meant to be. "Oh, the Strider can wait, that bird looked at me funny. KILL IT!" *Le sigh*

*EDIT* Sorry, more bitching.

You can tell the AI to go to cover and stay there. Walk away for 5 seconds and you hear "Wait for us, Gord--*DEATH*"

Dioxide45

Jul 19, 2008
Well the AI in Tribes: Vengeance was usually pathetic such as the dicks in heavy armour that would sit there and start blowing the enemy to bits but the enemies would rather go for the ***** with the hatred for tribals with no ammo running around trying to dodge the disks and bullets flying at her. Also when you play the 2 assasin missions with Mercury the guards seem to see you if you expose 1 millimetre of your robotic body and shout "ITS THE INTRUDER!!!" and you get nailed by 5 sniper bullets in your head and crumple or you get shot at by 5 dicks with chainguns. Its also completely retarded that you can snipe someone while someones back is turned, they turn around and see the corpse and they dont care at all. in one of the levels with Mercury you can stand in plain sight of the imperial standing on the ledge above you and they just sit there and dont every look at you, let alone shoot at you, until you shoot at him then he snaps out of his retarded state and shoots at you. One last thing is that enemies will come up to you and shoot the Spinfusor (fires explosive disks) at point blanc and blow themselves up.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
OK, so I'm playing pokemon silver, and I call up the professor. I don't get a word in. He just tells me that the state of my pokedex is: "Do you have a fishing rod? You can catch a lot of pokemon by fishing."

Am I the only one who is bugged by game cell-phone conversations always being one-sided?

ccjav

Apr 13, 2008
shying away from allied AI, the entire game of night fire for PC (not GC, im not entirely sure how that happened) was horrible, even of hard the wouldnt look at you until youd emptied a clip into their face, and even then the guy standing next to him would still be carrying on the same scripted conversation with the evidently blind guards dead body

jake09050

May 14, 2008
one time in call of duty i was shooting the turret like the objective said but my guys ran in front of my turret and i failed because of friendly fire

Reep

Jul 23, 2008
Whisper in Fable at the arena, basically used for decoration and at most, a distraction. She was even out of the fight for a whole 2 minutes because she got stuck behind one of the traps in the corner of the arena. I went as far as to run away from some of the attackers just so they would gang up and beat her down.

Ixus Illwrath

Feb 9, 2008
The enemies in Burgertime always change direction when they come across a ladder or a landing. Even Inky, Pinky, Blinky, and Clyde would pull a fast one on you from time to time.

Ixus Illwrath

Feb 9, 2008
Any time I'm given real-time squad controls (i.e. Rogue Squadron, Ace Combat, Mass Effect) Not only do my allies distract me from my job, but they're grossly inefficient at theirs.

Any time I group highlight a mass army in an RTS and all my units go as slow as the slowest one (i.e. Universe at War, Sins of a Solar Empire, AOE3) Sssssseeeerrriousssslllyy! I'll take a hit in the micromanagement department to speed up that junk. And don't you ever tell me to not group slow units with fast ones or I'll put my fingers in my ears and yell until you go away.

ANY GAME in which you are in a close quarters, duck and cover shootout with a computer enemy. I find myself immersed to the point of intrigue EVERY time I see it in a game for the first time, only to realize that the game only has 2-3 different tactics to combat you with (in many games only 1 - here's lookin at you MoH) Dissapointment city man.

When you're playing the Sims, and you're Sims are completely self-destructive lethargic assholes that need you to wipe for them, lest they will die if you get up to make a sammich at any point in the game. Is this game parenting training? I haven't had a game so starved for attention since I had to carry that robotic tattletale fucking doll around for a few days during health class in like 9th grade (My baby died and I failed that assignment, passed with a C though ;)

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
in star wars battlefront 2 on the naboo stage............ I was walking around wondering where my backup was and having at least 8 enemies behind me when i look at the map and see that all of them are in the same place i go there and see my entire team running into a wall and the only way i could get them to help me was to blow them into bits and the game took away points like I'm the asshole