Poll: Worst Movie EVAH???

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
Plan 9 from Outer Space.

After about twenty minutes I wanted to kill myself with the bluntest, most harmless object I could find, just so that I could feel the pain. Yes, I am exaggerating.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Terminate421 said:

Highschool musical looks like a master piece compared to this.....(This movie damaged my eyes and my psyche)
Definitely this, I've only seen about 10 minutes and it's even worse than Spykids 3D...

Also, inb4 Avatar.

Spencer Petersen

Apr 3, 2010
Off the top of my head: Transformers 2, Battlefield Earth, Manos: The Hands of Fate, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, Highlander 2: The Quickening, as well as pretty much anything by Friedberg and Seltzer

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
My vote goes to Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation.

That was a TERRIBLE movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!1!!!!!1!!!

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Phlakes said:
The Room. Which makes me wonder why it hasn't spawned any memes yet.
The fact that it took this long to mention is insulting.

Good God, I just watched that scene today in art class.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
The Super Mario Bros. movie and anything by Uwe Boll.

Those are the worst movies in existance.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus
It's also incredibly awesome.

There's also Space Thunder Kids

Both of them are equally terribly good.

squintzepalladoris

Jun 29, 2010
Adaptation. It's been a long time since i saw it, but i hated it so much i still remember it. It's pretty much 1 1/2 - 2 hours of nicholas cage (who i kinda like as an actor) talking about plants and/or masturbating. I'm sure there are worse, this is just the one i hate the most.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Both Transformers movies
Batman and Robin
The Room
Battlefield Earth
Anything by Shayamalan from The Village and beyond
The entire Twilight series
The Spirit
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Highlander 2
Manos the Hands of Fate
Showgirls
Howard the Duck
Superman IV
anything by Uwe Boll
Equilibrium
Both Street Fighter movies
Both Mortal Kombat movies
Freddy got Fingered
Swept Away
Gigli
Jersey Girl
Dreamcatcher
Catwoman
The Avengers
And at the risk of inciting war a recent movie whose name I shall not mention.

OceanSapphire

Mar 17, 2010
ANY High School Musical; the last kid I babysit made me watch them all. In a row. And then play High School Musical Games. *shiver*

Frankydee

Mar 25, 2009
Room 1408 (or whatever it's called). Supposedly some author guy gets a mindfuck by some haunted room at some fancy hotel.

And that One Last Call movie. It's like a retarded remake of a Final Destination movie, which is equally just as un-enjoyable..

II2

Mar 13, 2010
InterAirplay said:
II2 said:
InterAirplay said:
Most either Crash or 300.

Yes, THAT 300, the one everyone keeps quoting.

I do not care at all how "ridiculous" or "fun" it was meant to be, nobody honestly has fun watching a bad movie. The characters were all psychotic thugs who's insanity was played completely straight and heroic. They were not remotely interesting, likable, relateable or even fun, and the fight scenes were unbelievably dull, what with all that bullshit CGI-trickery. It was just people no-one cares about floating round on a magic cushion of slowmo and special effects.

To put it simply, I have a serious issue with that whole "BUT ITS FUN" excuse people use on bad movies.

But yeah, I pick my worst movies because I believe a poor movie getting lots of money and praise makes it worse. It's like the difference between an angry jock dickhead and an annoying nerd in the corner, at least the nerd has underdog status and isn't loved by all for being a prick.
Nov 4th, 1992, a hardball film critic of is born.
Not sure if that's a compliment or the online equivalent of a derisive snort, but I like to think it's sort of neutral. At least I'm not gonna piss on the parade of people who actually liked it, a la MovieBob. That Expendables review was a lesson in why you double-check your work before publishing. y'know, to make sure that you don't sound like a complete arsehole tripping balls on nerd rage.

Also, I didn't know my age wasn't set to private.
Heh, honestly... I don't know what exactly I was aiming for. I suppose I posted that simply to give more context to the voice behind the statement, because I wasn't sure what if anything to say on your points regarding 300. For what it's worth, I didn't intend it as a mean spirited put down or anything... maybe just a cheeky, ambiguous "poke" to test the waters?

Since you didn't leap down my throat or anything, I'll share my thoughts, in reverse order:

- I agree, though I've enjoyed most of Moviebob's reviews, his last two came off as really high contrast nerd glee / nerd rage (especially the rage). Without witty, funny delivery it just kinda carries on like adult tantrum over what toy he got to play with.

- On 300, I really enjoyed the movie - enough to buy it and watch it again a few times with mates - but I couldn't really think of anything to say in defense of your comments regarding it. A lot of your grievances with it were kinda subjective:

- I did not find the fight scenes dull. Though at times slow, they were quite vivid.
- I enjoyed the characterization of the Spartans as a stoic, warrior society. They were distant, but consistent.
- I really enjoyed the specific characterization of Xerxes, who really did carry himself like a man whose ego has swollen into delusion. Also, Ephialtes, the hunchback, who was, despite being transmogrified, was a very human character who consistently wanted to be patriotic and "part of the team". This consistent goal made his betrayal seem genuinely and consistently motivated.
- I liked the direction of photography, the special effects and the style used to realize graphic novel's source material in a "larger than life" fashion appropriate to the tone of myth and legend. (Though the particle effect blood sprays were a bit heavy handed)
- I really liked the costuming, especially in the variety of exotic garments decorating the invading Pursian forces.

I think I made a few points on the movie's more polished sides, but what I enjoyed isn't going to be a universal appreciation. I don't feel it was a bad movie, but it's also fine if you do. I did find it fun, not because "it was fun", but for the reasons I mentioned.

My conclusion is that while you might not like the movie, would you say it's true that your bigger "beef" is with the people who use circular logic to try and justify it being objectively "good", than the movie itself?

Wiiiiiiilliam

Aug 15, 2010
Tideland that movie is just terrible.

Also, The Last Airbender was really bad but I still enjoyed it if that makes sense.

vento 231

Dec 31, 2009
Avatar, the one that was really lame, with the tall blue monkey thigs, I liked the effects, but it didn't have a lot of good action in it, James Cameron pisses me off too. By the way, 300 is amazing.

the wako kid

Mar 31, 2010
Life_Is_A_Mess said:
Snakes on the Plane.
did you know theres another one called snakes on a train?the worst is probably speed racer.or blood guts bullets and octane.that movie is r dumb.