Poll: Would accept to live in this village/reality show for a year for 10 million $

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
No internet? I can't contact the outside world? I pass.
Also, while I was reading through the OP it sounded a lot like that Jim Carrey movie.

Mar 9, 2010
For £6,000,000 I get to sit around, get fed and wank on national television? Hell yeah. They'd have to censor out my wang anyway so it's not as if it would matter, if you want to watch me wank then that's your business, you have more problems than I do friend.

Mar 9, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
Oh yeah, sure I would. I'd just be the most boring ************ in a reality show ever. Who wants to watch a guy sit around eating cereal out of the box for a year? I could also just take the piss out of the audience. Like standing up and shouting 'I know what you did DAVID JONES' just to freak out any David Joneses who might be watching.
You sound awesome. You'd think it was the David Jones thing, but it's the malevolence with which you intend to eat cereal from a box. You can't fake that shit.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
So, there is no kind of elimination? no competition?... just being there. Doesn't seem so bad. I would be pretty boring, from an audience perspective, though.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
I'm pretty sure that my personal life can be classified as cure for insomnia, so it's not like too many people would care about watching that.

Win-win.

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
Sounds exciting. I would probably do this. I'd read the fine print first of course though. I doubt I'd spend much time spying on others. I'd probably try to spend some time with whatever ladies were on the show too. And playing video games. Sounds like a lot of fun actually. I'd pretty much just live day to day and ignore the fact that there are cameras. Haha this would obviously have to be released as an adults-only publication though, unless there was some heavy, heavy editing.

winginson

Mar 27, 2011
I wouldn't care too much about the invasion of privacy for £6 mill.
Honestly there isn't much about my life that would be that interesting to watch anyway.

And if they really want to watch me have a shit, their brain cells loss. You've seen it you can't un-see it!

Jan 27, 2011
......Hell no.

First of all, I can't be with my Girlfriend for a year? That's absolutely not acceptable. Second, I can't hang out with my friends for a year? Not worth it either, I'd go nuts from boredom/lack of companionship!

Three, NO INTERNET?! How am I gonna play my Steam games? How am I gonna get my fill of Zero Punctuation, Extra credits, and all the other good shows on the net?!

Plus, the showmakers would probably try their damn best to force us to cause drama and stuff so that there are more views!

So that alone turns me off the whole thing. Now onto the whole zero privacy business...It would suck for me. I'm a bit bizzarre, and I'm sure that if I DID participate, the world would forever remember me as "OH YEAH! You're that retarded guy! The guy who sometimes talks to himself about random stuff! The guy that they caught fapping one time made a big deal about because a nerd fapping must OBVIOUSLY mean he's a pervert!". >_> I would not enjoy that.

And FINALLY, I would probably be inevitably drawn into some kind of drama. Possibly, a female neighbor would want to get someone else jealous and try to use me, and even though I'd turn her down, the showmakers would probably make it look like stuff happenned and then play that up for all it's worth. I'm sure my GF would see through that, but I'm not so sure about the rest of the world/people we know. Oh, and the jealous guy would either beat the shit out of me, or start effing up my life.

So no. I would not do it. It's not worth the money.

--
If you'd want me to participate, you'd have to do several things:
1) Allow one day a week (or if I'm being generous, one day every two weeks) where the cameras are off and I can have visitors (girlfriend, my friends, etc).

2) Allow internet. That way I can keep up on the new gaming news, waste time on TVtropes, and maybe even do a blog-style let's play of Civilization 2 since I'll have the time. Also, it'll allow me to have my weekly fun on Borderlands with my buddies.

3) Allow us not to use our real names, so we have less chance of being noticed and mocked after the show.

IF that's done, and I can bring as much of my own stuff in as I want, then sure, I could deal with that for a year. But otherwise, hell no.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
ravensheart18 said:
I don't understand, what is degrading about someone seeing you? I get you like your privacy, so do I, but degrading? It's not like they want you to be on an Island where you have to run around doing silly challenges and doing dare like eating contests. You just hang out and do what you want.
But someone might see you pooping. Pooping is shameful, and you don't want your shame on display! What will your friends and family think, knowing that you poop, sometimes multiple times a day!?

My only worry is that it would get canned immediately due to dullness and I wouldn't get my money. I want the money upfront.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
At first I thought maybe, cos id be too boring for any1 to want to watch, then you said no internet so I changed to nooooooooo.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Since I'm such a vain person, I don't really have much to hide. Sign me up!

[sup]It should be noted that I'm the sort of person who only wears clothes to prevent the neighbors getting upset[/sup]

Sparkytheyetti

Jul 24, 2009
They better have a shooting range, dont know if i could go a year without popping some rounds off.

Otherwise, No internet: Spent most of my childhood without it. I can relearn how to not have it. Books, DVDs, crafts projects, learn a language. Not to mention work out. Man i could have a home gym and get ripped. It would be the ultimate control environment. Also try and see what neighbors can offer. Hopefully their is someone bilingual, interesting profession, or someone to help build stuff or workout.

Where can i sign the fuck up. If they speak another language, i will learn it to talk to them if all else.

SouthpawFencer

Jul 5, 2010
For a guaranteed $10,000,000, I'd be willing to do this. However, ahead of time, I'd have a lawyer take a VERY close look at the contract, and possibly hire a private investigator to ensure that the money is there. It would be really aggravating to do this and then find out that you're not getting paid afterall, or that the agreement was for ten million Zimbabwe dollars.

I think this question would be more interesting if the offer was $100,000 for a year. Ten million is "retire and live comfortably for the rest of your life on the interest alone" amount of money. $100,000 is STILL a lot of money for a working-class stiff like me, but not enough to retire on.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I'd take it.

And I'd be a fucking entertainer.

Dancing around the house and shouting out conversations with no one in particular and such.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Nothing in the contract about having to cause drama or exciting events? Hell yes I'm in.
No one is gonna watch anymore after three days of me doing nothing but playing games/sleeping.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Wait, wait, wait....
Someone is going to pay me to allow people to watch me doing all the stuff I already wanted to do, like learning different languages, some skills, reading books, going to gym.... 10. million $$$ so that people can watch me do all that?
Hell I would be the whole year naked if they wanted me to.

As someone said, it's more degrading to work for some low loan, 11 months per year for 50 years than to be in that show for 1 year, but than do what ever I want since I will never have to worry about money to the rest of my life. You could have a PERFECT life just from the bank interest and secure the future of your child, grandchild...

Humans spend 25% of their life working to survive. Not to live, but to survive. I would show my junk for a year and I would have no worries for the rest of my life. As long as you live longer than 4 years, you're better of since you work "work" less than 25%.

I can't say that I like the idea of being watched while showering, having sex, etc., but I can say that I don't mind them at all. First of all, I don't care. I was never shy about my body.
Than there is the fact that if they keep watching my doing all that shit, they just prove to me that my life is more worth than their. Some ego boosting is never bad.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
usmarine4160 said:
That totally calls for an orgy at least 2x a week.
I'd do it if there was a chick that was open to it. It would be worth it, really. All the games I want, pajamas and pizza, what else would I need?