Poll: Would it bother you if...

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
No - like most are saying, I wouldn't mind. They should've just asked me to turn it down if it bugged them while I was there though.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Grouchy Imp said:
No, not at all. In fact I'd probably apologise to my co-workers for not turning my radio off before I left in the first place.
This. I'd turn it off when I left if I knew I was leaving for a long time. If I didn't know how long I'd be then I'd still turn it off just in case, the only way this scenario would occur for me is if I was expecting to be gone a little while and got delayed. In which case if my co-workers want to turn it down, or even better, off (saves battery or electricity :D), then that's entirely up to them and they are free to do so.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
It wouldn't bother me at all if they asked me to turn down the music. However it's my stuff and messing with it without my permission would bother me a bit. It shows a total lack of respect for my person and my things.

Still like I said, if they asked, no problem. They could even ask to change it to station we can all enjoy, or to use it when I am not around. Wouldn't bother me at all.

LegendaryGamer0 said:
Unsurprisingly, yes. :/

I'm a little OCD like that. :/
How is it that I can only find one other person bothered by someone messing with their stuff without permission. I don't let people into my house to play with my stuff when I am not around without permission.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
manaman said:
It wouldn't bother me at all if they asked me to turn down the music. However it's my stuff and messing with it without my permission would bother me a bit. It shows a total lack of respect for my person and my things.

Still like I said, if they asked, no problem. They could even ask to change it to station we can all enjoy, or to use it when I am not around. Wouldn't bother me at all.
But, in this hypothetical scenario, you aren't around. You've been gone for at least an hour and they've tolerated it that long, but around that point it becomes roughly impossible to ask you to turn it down.

OT: Not at all. I should have turned it down before I left out of courtesy.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
manaman said:

The question is if you aren't around and they turned it off. They can't very well ask permission if you aren't there.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
No.
I'm not there for starters and it must be pissing them off to want to turn it down.

Inglip

Feb 17, 2011
Read: I am looking for confirmation that my overreaction was justified when it clearly wasn't.

Mar 9, 2010
No, in fact I would expect them to turn it off entirely. For one thing, it's rude to do have a radio on when other people are around, especially when it's loud. Secondly I should have turned it off before leaving anyway.

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
I'd ask them to turn it off instead. I always get annoyed when I notice that I've been driving around with my radio's volume inaudibly low because someone turned it down to take a call.

gustcq

Mar 26, 2009
No not at all they don't have to listen to what im listening and even worse while im not there....however would it bother you if you left your facebook open and some1 decides to mess with it and changes all kind of stuff including interested in men if your're a guy? LOL

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Well, first, I'd wonder why I didn't turn it off in the first place when I left, and also why it would be loud enough to warrant the co-worker turning the volume down. I prefer any music I listen to not disturb others.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Inglip said:
Read: I am looking for confirmation that my overreaction was justified when it clearly wasn't.
You read wrong. I was just supposing a question. And I'm the one that turned the radio down.

Thanks for playing though.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
bdcjacko said:
manaman said:

The question is if you aren't around and they turned it off. They can't very well ask permission if you aren't there.
And they can't ask while I am there? This is the problem I have with people calling the police on people making noise as well. I could understand if you have made an attempt in the past to ask them to keep the noise down. After all how are they to know it's at an unacceptable volume unless you say something? Once you already established what an acceptable volume is, and if they exceed the law, and have been notified that exceeding the law disturbs you but still refuse to cooperate by all means then call the police, otherwise you are just being an ass because you don't even want to walk outside. It's your neighbor, what ever happened to neighborlinesses. It's the same situation here. You should respect the boundaries of those around you so that all can at least coexist in peace.

It would obviously be at a volume that bothered them the whole time, so why wouldn't they say anything except for this mentality of not rocking the boat they pass off as being courteous?

TheMaddestHatter said:
But, in this hypothetical scenario, you aren't around. You've been gone for at least an hour and they've tolerated it that long, but around that point it becomes roughly impossible to ask you to turn it down.

OT: Not at all. I should have turned it down before I left out of courtesy.
It's true that I would have turned down the volume, or more likely turned off the radio when I left, but had I been in a rush and forgotten it would still bother me for the reasons stated.

But I was asked if something bothered me, not if it upset me. I never said I would be angry or upset, just bothered. I find it rude to touch other's things without permission, unless it cannot be avoided (as I find leaving the radio on and blasting music without consideration for others rude), however I do find it understandable to an extent so my only reaction would likely be to tell them to ask me in the future to turn it down if it bothers them. It probably wouldn't even bother me a bit if they showed up after I left as it's unavoidable to not ask permission at that point.

Aug 25, 2009
I find it really annoying even when I can barely hear other people's music (like through headphones) if I'm trying to work. In fact I usually find it more annoying when it's only just audible than when it's loud, so I try to either work without music or with very quite music.

So if someone thought my music was too loud and turned it down, I would totally understand.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Well, why should they Bare the Chris Brown song I accidentaly left on?
Or the annoyin' fast talking Spanish Rews Reporter talking.
And I'm not even there, with my Radio, so whatever happens to it isn't going to effect me.