Poll: Would You Buy the PS4 Diablo 3?

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
So I found one of the funniest and most depressing ps4 announcements to be Diablo 3. But as much as I wanted a new Blizzard game, the lack of an auction house does intrigue me. for me, the reason Diablo 3 was such a letdown was because of the auction house. I played through Diablo 2 over and over again because the chance to get rare or unique drops was always exciting. With Diablo 3, i just didnt care because i could always just buy whatever I wanted on the auction house. I avoided the AH for a long time because of that, but it only served to cripple my character because the game was kind of designed around using the auction house. If the PS4 version doesn't have that it will, in my eyes, kind of be the superior version of the game. Would you buy the game again (or for the first time, if you don't game on PC) when it comes out on the PS4?

Personally, i really really wanted to love Diablo 3. The gameplay was decent (though changing skills on the fly was needlessly difficult) and the story was good enough to keep me interested (though nowhere near as much so as Diablo 2), but the auction house prevented me from caring about playing past nightmare mode. i could honesty see myself buying Diablo 3 again, for PS4, in order to get the Diablo 3 experience I wanted from the PC version...though I probably wouldn't pay more than $30 for it.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I didn't play it on PC, but haven't they already confirmed it will be(or at least have the option to be)offline?
Offline means no auction house. (Dances around)
I'll probably wait until it goes down to 30 or 20 if I can find it for that price. I do want to give it a shot but the lack of depth is still there so it'd be a good one to pick up cheap for some offline co-op fun.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
It has a single player offline mode, doesn't it? That alone was enough to catch my attention. If it turns out that the PS4 will be compatible with a M&K and D3 PS4 will support it then I think I'll finally get around to playing it.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't know, I'm not too big on Blizzard.

I also heard not great things about the game itself.

King Aragorn

Mar 15, 2013
If you're getting it for single only, you might want to reconsider. The single isn't so great, and it's constant online. It's kind of like a tutorial to multi IMO.

the_green_dragon

Nov 18, 2009
The PS4 won't be released till like Christmas so we're talking late 2014 before Diablo 3 drops to $30. By then the new games out will make diablo 3 look like a dried up poop behind the couch.

Kekkonen1

Nov 8, 2010
I played Diablo 1 and 2 to death so I cannot say that I am not a fan of the genre, nor have I played it on PC. I just don't agree with the direction Blizzard has taken its series in and thus I will not be buying it.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Other... No, D3 wouldn't sell me on the PS4. While I haven't played D3 on the PC, and am not necessarily not a fan of the genre, it's just what will be a game that's close to being 2 years old (when the PS4 is likely to be released), shouldn't be a console seller. Period.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
It ain't worth it, seriously. Diablo 3 is easily Blizzards worst game to date, and that's coming from someone who just wrote something defending Starcraft 2 in another topic. Diablo 3 is just, well, it's bad.

The story is utter rubbish of the worst type; unfun. Any sense of ambience and style from Diablo 1 and 2 are gone. The gameplay is tight, but ruined by lack of diversity and shit gear. It don't look that great, soundtrack was forgettable, and the way it forces you to replay the game on normal difficulty with each character is absolute idiocy given that normal is about as challenging (And less fun) as tearing a wet paper bag.

So disappointing.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I'm not getting a PS4 (or any other console), but if I was going to buy a PS4 and wanted to play Diablo 3, I'd probably get the PS4 version since it seems to be the superior version, since it doesn't have the always-online requirement and auction house.

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
No way, I played it on the PC and it rustled my jimmies so badly I won't even buy HotS till it goes down in price. The way the whole endgame was designed around the RMAH just destroyed all fun. And if it doesn't have the AH in the PS4 version they'll need to seriously changed drop chances or NO ONE will beat it.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
No, and those of you considering it because it's going to have offline I would urge you to reconsider. In terms of a diablo game, or even the genre it's not very good. Compared to one where there were at points wall to wall amounts of enemies and 2 where there were there were lots of equipment options and a variety of builds D3 falls short, not to mention variety in gameplay where enemies/areas would be random D3 doesn't do this. In terms of modern alternatives there's plenty, Torchlight 1 & 2, Titans Quest, there's a new free to play game who's name escapes me...

Honestly there's no reason to look into it, it wasn't just the DRM that was bad about it, the game just left a lot to be desired gameplay wise anyway. There were few bosses and only one of them were really interesting, and no it wasn't Diablo who parroted the same 3 lines and ran around a room. "Can you defeat your own terror" <=Broken record.

Either way, there's better options that offer more fun and variety at better cost.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
No. Why? Three reasons:
1. Already have it on PC
2. Can't afford nor do I want a PS4
3. Can't afford Diablo 3 ON PS4 even if I got one