Poll: Would you change your gender?

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Reasonable Atheist said:
JagermanXcell said:
To temporarilly get rid of that thing between my legs that constantly hurts me if I so much as move and looks disgusting, in place of genitals that never interfere with tasks requiring the lower body AND look prettier than I already do?!

WHEN? PREFERABLY NOW, PLS.
It should not hurt just because you move, please see a doctor.
I know you're just being reasonable...

...but that statement was supposed to be an over exaggeration.
Mr. Johnson is a-ok, that doesn't excuse it from being weirdly autistic when aiming point blank at a toilet if you catch my drift.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Yes. For reasons I don't understand and dismissed a long time ago.

NeutralStasis

Sep 23, 2014
Nah, I am cool with my gender. I have several friends that are trans, but I am comfortable with my identity as it is.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
In a goddamn heartbeat.

No period, being taken more seriously.

...Bigger hands (because seriously I have like...not baby hands but they're damn child hands I swear)

springheeljack

Red in Tooth and Claw
May 6, 2010
Yeah I would for a month though I would have to see a image of me as a woman first
I want to know if I would be attractive or not

Gauntlets28

Aug 2, 2013
I'd like to think I'd be able to handle being a woman quite well. Besides, their clothes are made from much nicer material. And jeez, why do they get the skirts, when they don't have anything to get constricted like men do. I mean, we put our bollocks in tight trousers, for christ's sake. Why?

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
Gauntlets28 said:
I'd like to think I'd be able to handle being a woman quite well. Besides, their clothes are made from much nicer material. And jeez, why do they get the skirts, when they don't have anything to get constricted like men do. I mean, we put our bollocks in tight trousers, for christ's sake. Why?
One word comes to mind: Kilts
Though I'd consider something longer and covered in chains or some shit to make me still feel masculine while actually wearing a skirt.

And most women wear bras and quite a lot of skin tight clothing, so I'd say they have more options, but fashion still trends towards a tight fit.

Anyhow I continue to refuse tight pants, I don't want my jiggly bits getting squeezed.

OT: I'd take the offer, at least for the month. I think it'd be an interesting experience and either I'd find life more enjoyable as a woman or I'd really miss my beard, not having to sit in public restrooms and morning wood. :p

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
If the change can be Temporary for no more then 24 hours, then I would say yes out of curiosity.
If when taking the offer, you are stuck being the opposite gender for a full 30 days; my answer would be no.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I would, because frankly, I wish to become inducted into the mass cult you women call the "knitting circle". I wish to learn its secrets. Learn its ways.

And then rule it.

Proto Taco

Apr 30, 2013
I wonder how many of these polls will sweep the internet until people realize being trans is a real thing and not just a punchline on late night television?

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Temporary consequence free gender swap? Sure. I'd like to see how the other half lives for a while so to speak. I wouldn't want to stay that way most likely, but it'd be an interesting experience.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
As I'm male cishet scum, I wouldn't change my gender. I'm happy as I am. But a temporary change might be an interesting experience if anything, so I'll go with that.

Proto Taco

Apr 30, 2013
Denamic said:
As I'm male cishet scum, [snip]
On behalf of the greater reasonable trans community, I would like to apologize for whoever called you that. It seems to have become a common insult leveled by more militant transfolk (most likely the attention-seeking hipsters seeking safe-harbor under the 'trans umbrella').

I'd also like to say that in spite of my inherent jade toward threads like this due to actually being and living as a more moderate trans individual, I think it's nice people are talking about this stuff. Maybe if people think about it more and start to consider the emotional trauma of having your identity undermined on such a scale, they'll be slower to 'he-she' and quicker to just 'they' or simply call by name instead of pronoun. Truly, it is the small things that really make your day when you're trans, and being accepted, even at a cursory level, makes you feel like you're walking on sunshine.

For my answer I totally picked 'Yes Permanent' but I'm not gonna tell ya which way ;p

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Proto Taco said:
Denamic said:
As I'm male cishet scum, [snip]
On behalf of the greater reasonable trans community, I would like to apologize for whoever called you that. It seems to have become a common insult leveled by more militant transfolk (most likely the attention-seeking hipsters seeking safe-harbor under the 'trans umbrella').
Oh, I'm not taking it seriously. It's just tumblr leaking some extremist vitriol here and there. I'm not going to draw conclusions on a large group of people based on the loud minority.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Temporary sound fine.

Yay for sexual adventures. Overall i would like to go back though - i guess.

Souther Thorn

Apr 5, 2013
Bring me to The Culture and give me the right procedures to change back and forth (over a period of a few weeks) at will, and we're golden.