Poll: Would you change your sexuality?

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Tdc2182 said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
I act upon nothing. Why does everyone think because I am a Pedophile, I want to have sexual relations with every little girl I come across? It makes no sense.
Because pedophiles aren't exactly the most responsible people in the world. I honestly thought that went without saying.
Though the same could be said for anyone else.

Hell, out of most of the people I know, I'm more responsible than all of them combined.

EDIT: Times Ten
Cept' for the Pedophilia part, right?

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Tdc2182 said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Tdc2182 said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
I act upon nothing. Why does everyone think because I am a Pedophile, I want to have sexual relations with every little girl I come across? It makes no sense.
Because pedophiles aren't exactly the most responsible people in the world. I honestly thought that went without saying.
Though the same could be said for anyone else.

Hell, out of most of the people I know, I'm more responsible than all of them combined.

EDIT: Times Ten
Cept' for the Pedophilia part, right?
Nooo... I am more responsible and trustworthy than pretty much all of them. I can be 100% trusted around female children.

(Not implying I cannot be trusted around male children)

Xenos Eriadin

Mar 11, 2009
I'd have no problem switching to bi.
There would be more choice when looking for a date, since I could look for straight women or gay men. Hurray!
I don't think I would be too happy being gay for that same reason. I'm not at all homophobic, it just seems like it would be a lot harder to find someone if I'm limited to about 5% of the population.

Usurpurus

Oct 12, 2009
Mik0ri said:
Usurpurus said:
Surely if you wanted to change you would? But in answer to the question, I would stay as I am.
You just suggested that orientation is a choice, you realize that, right?
Not only is that just plain stupid, but you're probably about to get lectured on how stupid it is by multiple people x3 Good luck.
Yes, orientaton is a choice. How is it not?

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Usurpurus said:
Mik0ri said:
Usurpurus said:
Surely if you wanted to change you would? But in answer to the question, I would stay as I am.
You just suggested that orientation is a choice, you realize that, right?
Not only is that just plain stupid, but you're probably about to get lectured on how stupid it is by multiple people x3 Good luck.
Yes, orientaton is a choice. How is it not?
Someone already did this one, buddy.

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
I'm bisexual and I'm comfortable with that, always have been. I've been bisexual since a young age; I always got crushes on both girls and boys, and my first kiss was with a girl. I didn't know what homosexuality or anything was back then, so it just seemed "natural" in a way. When I got into Secondary School and discovered what sexuality was, I realize I was bisexual and I was always open about it/comfortable with it. x3

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
Pansexual here.

I can't quite imagine the notion of a "sexuality swapping" formula, personally. Seems a bit too akin to mind control, or that "love serum" poll elsewhere on the forums, just seems an idea best left be.

For my ten cents, much akin to all other venues of taste, we like what we like when we try it and if we are interested in trying other things, maybe we should. Ya never know what you'll like until you try. My roomie is a heterosexual male by virtue of what he finds attractive physically in a partner, but in practice and preference he's pretty asexual, just so jaded and disinterested from experience that he has no desire to be with anybody.

WinterOrbit

Aug 5, 2009
I'm happy being heterosexual. I'm assume my girlfriend's happy for that, too. XP

Incidentally,
hyrulegaybar said:
Adzma said:
CrashBang said:
I'm happy being straight. I like women... they're pretty
My mate is gay and once told me that, if it were possible, he'd change to being straight because there's still so much of a stigma and struggle with being gay. I think he was being a tad dramatic; as far as I can tell, being gay is extremely accepted by our generation (not so much our parents', though). But I can't say that confidently without being in his shoes
That's probably his problem though. It's not our generation that's the problem. It's all the old fogeys who are still in power.
If you'd like to know how far we still have to go, gay people cannot donate blood, let alone marry, adopt kids, join the military, or keep their job or housing for being gay (at least in the US in all 50 states).

Why do you think we're all still pissed off?
The Senate actually just repealed Don't Ask, Don't Tell, so...I guess that's one item you can strike off your list. Go Congress?

Flac00

May 19, 2010
WinterOrbit said:
I'm happy being heterosexual. I'm assume my girlfriend's happy for that, too. XP

Incidentally,
hyrulegaybar said:
Adzma said:
CrashBang said:
My mate is gay and once told me that, if it were possible, he'd change to being straight because there's still so much of a stigma and struggle with being gay. I think he was being a tad dramatic; as far as I can tell, being gay is extremely accepted by our generation (not so much our parents', though). But I can't say that confidently without being in his shoes
That's probably his problem though. It's not our generation that's the problem. It's all the old fogeys who are still in power.
If you'd like to know how far we still have to go, gay people cannot donate blood, let alone marry, adopt kids, join the military, or keep their job or housing for being gay (at least in the US in all 50 states).

The Senate actually just repealed Don't Ask, Don't Tell, so...I guess that's one item you can strike off your list. Go Congress?
It did? I thought it got filibustered by the Repubs again...That is great that it passed, finally.

Hap2

May 26, 2010
Verp said:
Frotality said:
the ideal human race is asexual; its just more efficient, and effective. i would definitely love to be asexual, as it removes a great deal of the subjective stupidity weve developed about reproduction; would do wonders to unite the human race and get rid of half the reason we are stupid cavemen. that, however, is much less a matter of personal preference and much more a matter of radical genetic adaptations, so it really doesnt count....

if only out of desperation, i might go bi...but i doubt i would have any more luck with the same sex than i do with the opposite....going back to the asexual option, can i reproduce through osmosis and produce a perfect genetic copy of me every time?
Having met plenty of asexuals and being asexual myself, I ensure you that the whole "People would be so more efficient and dutiful without sex getting in the way!" is a myth. Asexuals are just about as equal parts stupid and smart as rest of the population. Just about as lazy, too.

I mean, yeah, I could probably use the time I gain from not bothering with a sex life to saving the world, but really, who's going to clicker train my cat to roll over if I did that? Who's going to take care of my insect and arachnid friends? Also, I totally need an occasional TV Tropes all-nighter to cope with the stress of procrastinating with my study assignments D:

Aaaaaanyway, I'm comfortable being asexual. Also, I assume I'd actually have to start looking after my appearance if I suddenly switched to something else and needed to get laid -- that'd be such a drag!
As another AVENite and asexual myself, I fully agree, it really doesn't matter what orientation one has, a human is still a human lol. I waste tons of time on stuff like TVTropes, and games that I am addicted to but do not enjoy all that much. I have plenty of work to do as a philosophy major, and I have graphic novel stuff that needs writing and drawing. I'm just like anyone else, if a bit eccentric in some cases (though that's likely due to the people I hung around with as a kid).

I'm a hetero romantic asexual, so I prefer women for love/romance relationships, but I'm sexually attracted to no one. I'm pretty content with what I am, when I realized I was ace, it was as if a lot of excess baggage was taken off my shoulders. If it were possible that I could choose to be heterosexual, it would probably make it a lot easier for me to deal with this world, and I might do it out of curiousity, but otherwise, I'm fine with not being sexually attracted to anyone. The only problem I foresee in my future is if I have the desire to form a family and be in a relationship again outside of simple platonic friendship. I am content as long as I have a sense of camaraderie with good friends, but who knows what the future holds eh? I don't exactly want to die alone, and I don't know if I could possibly satisfy the needs of a person who is sexual, but I suppose I will have to cross that bridge when and if I come to it.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
Glamorgan said:
theriddlen said:
Im normal person and i'm happy with it.
Normal? I resent homophobia... There isn't a "Normal" sexuality.

And no, I wouldn't. I'm happy being straight. I don't see any reason to change it.
I don't know how you define sexuality but as far as normality goes, straight is the most proper candidate.

O.T.
Nah. I'm happy with what I am ^^

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
Pedo is the new gay. All they need now is a fashion sense and all would be forgiven.

Hurrmm..well Im a straight, though perverted. Discovered my first fetish when I was about 6-8 years old I belive. Cant really go into the details with forum rules like these...

PS. Its not pedo. I have nothing against gays. And I already knew that you're all fags, so dont call me homophobic.

hyrulegaybar

Oct 6, 2009
WinterOrbit said:

Incidentally,
hyrulegaybar said:
Adzma said:
CrashBang said:

In the US, anyway. :)

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I'm gay (damnit labels)... I'm fine being gay. If I were straight, I'd be fine with it too. I'm comfortable either way.