Poll: Would you date/sleep with a person that has a Physical handicap ?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Depends who they are. You can fall for some one despite their handicap. Depends. Or are you thinking.

Choice of girl with legs or girl with no legs.....who would you fuck? (who they are dont matter)

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Why not?

Just because someone has a physical handicap doesn't mean I have to automatically write them off, that would be very shallow of me.

Himmelgeher

May 17, 2010
If they were blind, deaf, or maybe mute, sure. Provided they were a decent person at least. I don't think I would be able to handle anything else. It would just make me really uncomfortable to date someone without working legs or something like that. Besides, people would just assume you were taking advantage of them.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
If I find that person attractive and like her personality, then yeah. It's just like race or anything else (excluding mental disability or severe mental illness), it doesn't really matter to me.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Well it depends on what it is, stuff like that will affect a relationship and it does matter. I'm not going to necessarily write someone off but a handicap would be barrier. Can we share the same interest and actually do stuff together? Is it going to cause a barrier with communication? Is working around it going to run our lives? Stuff like that is a problem.

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
Yes, and currently are. My fiancée has arthritis and fibromyalgia. She can't walk more than about 10 steps without a stick and is often in a lot of pain so I do a lot of looking after her. Her physical disability really does not affect how I feel about her in the slightest.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
OP, how about offering your own opinion? What's the point in asking other people's opinions if you don't offer your own? It tends to make these kind of threads look like you are fishing for hits. Ask a controversial issue and then watch the responses roll in.

Even if you aren't going to indulge in the conversation, at least give a reason as to why you would ask in the first place.

NerdElf

Jun 28, 2009
No, that's not how I roll.
Will you stop asking these really weird, random and flamewar bait questions on the forum?

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
I'd like to say yes completely but she's gotta be self reliant and self cleaning with a GREAT personality and unaffected hands and hand eye coordination skills.

feycreature

May 6, 2009
NightmareLuna said:
Keith Reedy said:
NightmareLuna said:
Depends on the handicap but generally... Fuck no, I find that disgusting, kinda like how I find extremly thin or fat women/men revolting.
Come on now no need to be so harsh, thats almost insulting. A simple no it makes me uncomfortable would have sufficed man.

Me personally, if I cared about them and found them to be a good person who I liked the handicap wouldn't be a deal breaker.
I am sorry, I did not mean to be harsh/insulting. But yes I guess you are right that a simple no would have done it.

However there are always things that people find disgusting, just because it happens to be a sensitive topic for some doesn't mean you should hide it though. Just my feelings. :)
Actually, it being a sensitive topic for some (many, many people, given you've covered very thin, very fat, and ALL disabled people), is exactly the reason to attempt to be tactful or hide your initial reaction. Polite society demands a certain amount of impulse control, because no one wants people being rude to them all the time. That's why parents usually stop their kids from loudly making fun of or expressing disgust at the disabled, the homeless, people with bad scars etc. You know, because it's really rude to point at the woman in the wheelchair ad loudly exclaim "She's got no legs!" It's true, it's still rude.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Depends. Can I use her handicapped card to park in the good spots?

I kid, I kid.
I park there anyway.

Almighty Words

Oct 13, 2011
Yes I would.
I think as long as I enjoy the other persons company I can be with and sleep with them I guess the opportunity just hasn't risen up yet. But I think if I was to say no (which I wouldn't) it would be because over time people other than myself would become upset over the arrangement. This is a completely worst case scenario, I mean dating someone out of your imposed caste (Able vs Disabled) is a no-no to most people, and sometimes other parties do something about the relationship. Other than those outside the relationship interfering because "I'm taking advantage" I don't see a problem with it.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
*refrains from making small genitalia jokes*

I think it would depend on the handicap to be perfectly honest. If its a handicap that means I'll have to take care of her my entire life then I would have to say no as I want to be a nurse and that would entail me taking care of people as a job. To have to go home at the end of the day/night and take care of a loved one in almost the same fashion wouldn't help keep the romance alive.

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
People are inherently put off by physical handicaps more so than mental ones. With mental ones if said person is attractive enough people will put up with about anything, but a physical handicap most people can't see past. As much as people would idealistically state they don't judge based on appearance or handicap somehow I don't think a guy/girl in an electric wheel chair requiring state will be given as much consideration as someone who is merely bugfuck crazy XD

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
Quaxar said:
Depends. Can I use her handicapped card to park in the good spots?

I kid, I kid.
I park there anyway.
That's what I use my fiancée's blue badge for :p Although in all fairness she needs it and I don't park there when she's not with me in the car.

Naal

Feb 24, 2009
Yes, depending on their outlook on life. I don't want to date someone who is angry at their circumstance.

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
I'm not gonna be a saint because I know it would bug me. When someone I know has something not in the right I can't help but notice it and it really distracts me (I knew a guy with a lump in his neck, I couldn't help but stare at it and it made him feel REALLY awkward). If the person was actually disabled, I don't think I could get to know them just because I'd make them feel so out of place, unintentionally I'd like to add. Maybe if I was already going out with them and something happened so they couldn't walk, yeah, but otherwise I just know I'd eff up that relationship...

Sparkytheyetti

Jul 24, 2009
I have. And i would again. I've also slept with 2 mentally challenged girls. They were perfectly fine with it. We were all happy to get some.