Poll: would you destroy humanity?

kiwi_poo

Apr 15, 2009
Considering us humans have made quite a mess of the planet; with global warming and the lack of resources to sustain our way of living causing tensions to spark between the global superpowers, which might become nuclear (just a hunch, don't worry). Would you destroy humanity to save all other life as we know it? If so, please explain how.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
No.

You see, I am human, and I want to live.

Therefore, there will be no genocide for me.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I'm afraid I can't as there are a small number of humans that I'm quite fond of. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the rest of them though.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
Nah, if you want to destroy humanity then you're part of the reason it needs to be destroyed.

Kilaknux

Jun 16, 2009
To hold in my hand, a capsule that contains such power; to know that life and death on such a scale was my choice. To know that the tiny pressure of my thumb to break the glass would end everything...Yes! I would do it! That power would set me up above the gods...and through the Daleks, I SHALL HAVE THAT POWER!
But seriously, nah.

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
Surely a humanity-destroying cataclysm would cause more damage than we're currently doing, even if you can somehow manage to ignore the ethical implications- wiping out humanity would also wipe out all the other animals we interact closely with, which would be most of the life on the Earth's land surface. Much of the life in the shallow oceans is dependent on algae that in turn is sustained by our agricultural fertiliser runoff, so they would experience a huge population crash too.

Are you in a bad place just now, Kiwi_poo? Can I suggest watching a few episodes of the Muppet Show and maybe calling some friends over?

Kilaknux said:
Fantastic Davros speech
Well done sir.

-Nick

Chromanin

Apr 6, 2010
I would want to, and God knows I'd be tempted. I've thought and talked about it plenty, but would I actually go through with it? No, that wouldn't be fair. It isn't my decision to make; I'm no better than anyone else. I'd sooner just off myself if humanity became too much for me to handle.

klakkat

May 24, 2008
Absolutely no reason to destroy humanity just because "nature is sacred." Anyone who thinks otherwise, please, do us all a favor and start destroying humanity by offing yourself.

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Nah, there's no point. The world will die with or without our help.
And for the most part people are okay... Only some of them are assholes.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Sounds an awful lot like GLaDos talking over here?

And left to our own devices, we'll destroy each other soon enough. So why hurry it all up, I like living and I'm sure alot of other people do too and I don't intend to take that away from people. Especially the innocents..