Poll: Would you die for your country?

The Arc of Eden

Jun 7, 2010
Well given the scenario, I'd get a gun and shoot everybody who's shooting at me. For fun? Yes. For my country? No, fuck this place.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
I'd like to avoid the 'dying' part... but i'd certainly fight for the freedoms and ideals of my Republic.

nelsonr100

Apr 15, 2009
No, pointless. Patriotism is very rarely helpful, using your life for the good of mankind in general is much more important, not a select group you were born into randomly

Magnesium360

FDA Approved!
Mar 9, 2010
I'm scottish and australian. You can trace my scottish ancestry back as warriors and my Austalian to a skilled thief on the first fleet, then back further to Ireland and England. I am distantly related to Lord Nelson via one of my ancestors marriages and i'm directly related to Winston Churchill, both great wartime leaders. I would be proud to fight and if need be fall for Australia or Scotland, or Britain in honor of my ancestry. Honor and family are very important to me so, yes. I would, if need be, die for my country.

Magnesium360

FDA Approved!
Mar 9, 2010
It's not like i'd sign up unnecessarily, but if the situation called for it I would fight or do what ever I could. Like I said, my honor is important to me and to flee or hide whilst my country fell would just feel wrong, even if my country doomed to fail.

Turbo_Destructor

Apr 5, 2010
Kind of an ambiguous question. I put know because country really doesn't mean much to me, I'm no patriot, I don't really care for such things. So I put 'no'

Would I die to save the people of my country? Yes, but I would consider my sacrifice to be for people rather than country.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I live in Australia.

It takes months for movies that have been already released in other countries to reach here, we still have lousy censorship laws that can halt or even ban the release of a video game or at the very least censor it heavily, we are still very cruel to refugees trying to come here to live a happy life and we are cursed with the existence of Tony Abbott.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll let my country die.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Certainly not.

Fanatical Nationalism is not my thing, and neither is premature/painful death.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Unless my death had a significant effect on a very important event worldwide, then I would never die for my country.

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
I wouldn't fight for the country and it's borders. I would fight for the people who are inside of it. If hypothetically Australia was being invaded by say the Indonesians who came down in canoes, I would be more than happy to go into combat, kill others, and give up my own life in an attempt to protect the innocents that surround me.

Downfall89

Aug 26, 2009
Radeonx said:
Yes, because America is so awesome that even a God would be willing to die for it.
Not any god, GOD GOD would die for America, as God is an American.

OT: Anyway,probably no. There is no point throwing my life away, as doing so wouldn't do much. What happened to the army anyway? And I'm sure if the army was destroyed, people wouldn't rally together. It would be chaos.

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
Antiparticle said:
Hahahaha.

No.

I look forward to the day I can emigrate and leave this messed up country and its brainless people behind me.
I could probably safely say there is a similar frequency per capita of brainless people in EVERY country. Roughly 95%. But then again define brainless. :)

Banhaze

Oct 8, 2008
Nope. There's nothing in my country any one would want. Apart from all the Uranium. Well, they can have the blasted wasteland it's buried in then.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Nah, sounds like a lot of work.
Who knows, the invading forces may actually improve the state of Australia, why be so judgemental?

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
RanD00M said:
Balls to that.This nation doesn't deserve its freedom.Let it burn.I have intentions on moving out of it when school is out anyway.
where you from, strange angry man?

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
I wouldn't lay down and just die but I would be prepared to go into potentially deadly situations for it.