Poll: Would you have preferred KoTOR3 to TOR?

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Would've preferred a KotOR3. Old Republic just doesn't do anything for me.

I'd also take Battlefront 3.

Lionsfan1986

Oct 20, 2008
I played both KOTOR games and would've liked a proper ending somehow branch to the prequels somehow.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
I actually found the gameplay of KoTOR2 better.

Combat was more in depth with extra abilities and the prestige classes were awesome.

Also it had an incredibly dark atmosphere which was great. I enjoyed KoTOR1 for a classic Star Wars feel but KoTOR2 had the feeling of a galaxy on the verge of collapse, which was awesome.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes!

To say I raged when TOR was announced would be something of an understatement, knowing at that point that Bioware was willing to completely ASSRAPE the story of two of the best Star Wars games ever released purely for the sake of profit (and that is why they did a pay-to-play MMO, don't try and act like it isn't) damn near caused me to swear off anything the dev team would have their fingers in for the rest of my life.

However, I was willing to give them ONE more chance in the form of Mass Effect 3, they fuck that up then that's it, they're officially dead to me.

cora mcstrap

Jul 21, 2011
I'm a big fan of the KOTOR series and badly wanted a 3rd installment (with the writes from 1 rather then 2)

Saying that i may play TOR in the future to get my star wars fix

isometry

Mar 17, 2010
I like MMOs, and I don't mind paying a subscription, but I still would have preferred KoTOR3.

Bioware has no experience when it comes to online / multiplayer games. Their games are not really known for fun gameplay or lasting replay value.

Given the realities of Bioware selling out to EA, I don't plan to buy any more games from them in the future, so it's a moot point I guess.

cora mcstrap

Jul 21, 2011
Bioware produces good games but they tend to feel rushed sometimes (DA2). I generally love their games and watch eagerly for more

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
I'd love to see a third KotOR game by Bioware. I am however currently really enjoying The Old Republic.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
KOTOR 3 by anyone would be better than SWTOR. I'm not even kidding. I'm pretty sure SEGA could make it better than TOR.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
ms_sunlight said:
DarkhoIlow said:
I would of liked KoTOR 3 by Bioware.They really know how to do story quite well.

I enjoyed KoTOR 1 more than KoTOR 2.The second game was quite buggy.
KotOR2 + TSLRCM [http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/13-tslrcm/] = pure wonderfulness

It was probably the best gaming experience I had in 2011. Fixed bugs, restored content, the HK51 factor... I can't even express how transcendently happy it made me.
Quick question: Does that mod make the system requirements bigger? 'Cause the game already runs pretty poorly on my shit laptop.

OT: KotOR 3, definitely. I haven't played enough of 2 yet, so I'll reserve judgment on the company that should do it.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
RJ 17 said:
Revan goes off to fight some ancient galactic threat, The Exile goes off to join him.......then that story just kinda gets abandoned. I remember a few years ago I was curious if they were going to be making a 3rd KotOR.
Just an fyi if you were unaware, they did recently release a book on that particular plot line (appropriately titled "Revan").

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
I couldn't stand the abysmal combat in KoTOR and the only MMO that interests me is Eve. So, neither?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Jadak said:
RJ 17 said:
Revan goes off to fight some ancient galactic threat, The Exile goes off to join him.......then that story just kinda gets abandoned. I remember a few years ago I was curious if they were going to be making a 3rd KotOR.
Just an fyi if you were unaware, they did recently release a book on that particular plot line (appropriately titled "Revan").
I actually would be interested in that and will likely look around for said book, thanks for the tip.

The fact remains, however, that I'd still love to actually PLAY that story. :p

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Fans: We would LOVE a Star Wars MMO in the Old Republic!
Them: We're making one.
Fans: Yay! We need this! It's all we ever wanted!
Them: We made one. Here you go.
Fans: Boo! You could have made KOTOR3 instead!
Them: And this is why we don't listen to forums on the internet.

Frenzy107

Aug 29, 2011
I'd want KOTOR 3 in general, dont really care by who (Although id prefer Bioware as the ending to 2 was absolutely terrible!). TOR is fun but it dosent take the place of a sequel. They better come up with KOTOR 3 eventually >.>

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I like TOR. Plain and simple. I like KOTOR and KOTOR2. I'd like KOTOR3. But, hey, I'm not unhappy with TOR in the least.
/flameshield

Necromancer Jim said:
Hell, give me another Star Wars Battlefront.
I'm prone to agree with that. Star Wars: Battlefront was great fun. Just don't play the Galactic Conquest modes versus someone else. You'll never finish the match.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
DracoSuave said:
Fans: We would LOVE a Star Wars MMO in the Old Republic!
Them: We're making one.
Fans: Yay! We need this! It's all we ever wanted!
Them: We made one. Here you go.
Fans: Boo! You could have made KOTOR3 instead!
Them: And this is why we don't listen to forums on the internet.
Maybe we've been looking at different threads, but most of the fans I've seen have always wanted KOTOR 3, not TOR. Why would fans of two companies famous for their single-player action RPGs demand an MMORPG?

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Hell no. Ever since WoW started dying with WotLK I've needed a new MMO. Besides, whatever content KOTOR 3 threw out, it couldn't possibly match TOR. The combat system would also likely have sucked arse, they can't use the same shit they did in the first two games (that's beyond awful by today's standards) and I can't imagine anything working better for a game like KOTOR than the hotkey control system aside from maybe action combat and neither of the two companies is good at that.