Poll: Would you hit a woman in self defence(If it were Ronda Rousey)

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
So through a series of hilarious and zany events you accidentally made a mortal enemy of former womens bantamweight MMA champion Ronda Rousey.

She has you trapped in an alleyway and she is coming at you declaring that she is going to armbar your dick off. All seems lost because you are just a normal soft and pudgy guy vs a terrifying valkyrie but then you hear the voice of the spirit of Holly Holm(she died somehow I guess) telling you that there is an opening to punch. Your fist vibrates with what feels like the power of a thousand suns and you know you can end this with one punch.

But wait, Ronda Rousey is a lady! Even if she is a trained martial artist hitting her would be dishonorable right? So do you accept your beating and learn to pee with an L shape cock? Is there another way? Do you let this fleeting moment of mystic and spiritual power pass unused?

(And to the ladys(on a videogame site whaaaat?). Um hi whats up?

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Why the added condition of it being Ronda Rousey? If punching the assailant is the only way of defending myself, or preventing further harm on either party, hell yes I'm going to do it. I don't give a shit about what's between their legs.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't hit women in self defence, only when they backtalk. I have some standards, you know.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Uh. yeah. How is this even a debate? I mean if a crazed woman wants my wallet or my car, you better believe I'm using my Krav.
And what of our Female Escapers? Surely their is no social faux pas on them jacking one another on the chops, eh?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Casual Shinji said:
I don't hit women in self defence, only when they backtalk. I have some standards, you know.
Nice one old chap. Must keep those lot in their place.

Annnnnyways. Yes I would. Why? EQUALITY *****!!! But seriously, if you intend to physically harm me, man, woman, baby or cute kitten, I will defend myself and try to knock you out. In a twist world, I would then be the one on trail as I shouldn't have hit her. Twisted world might I add. Being a specific gender does not give you the right to hit anyone. If you try too, don't be surprised when they try to defend themselves. Yeah, that to those abusive partners who thinks its okay to hit their other half because of some power complex.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Silentpony said:
Uh. yeah. How is this even a debate? I mean if a crazed woman wants my wallet or my car, you better believe I'm using my Krav.
And what of our Female Escapers? Surely their is no social faux pas on them jacking one another on the chops, eh?
Oh yeah, action movies(which dictate societys rules, Arnold controls our minds with his muscular films) have long since established its alright for women to hit each other. Then its a kinda sexy catfight thing.

Pretty sure thats why the Good Guys bring a lady, as defense for an otherwise unnassaultable bad woman who is perfectly allowed to attack the male hero.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
If I feel like I'm in danger, I don't care if you're Ronda or a 90 year old lady; I will do whatever I have to to defend myself. If that involves a punch, kick, eye gouge, kick in the fun zone, biting, etc., so be it.

If you're attacking me, I will not fight with honor.

Note: this is assuming all other options like running or dialogue have failed. I'd really rather not get into fistacuffs unless absolutely necessary

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I don't think anyone should strike anyone for any reason big or small, man on woman, woman on man, man on man, woman on woman, except in self defence of their life or anothers.

So yes if my life was in danger. Yes I would.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Sorry but by adding "ONE PUUUUUUUNCH" into the poll option, I automatically click it!

Honestly this is a no brainer discussion since I mean I always hold the door for the person behind me regardless the gender or age.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
Well as long as we are coming up with ridiculous scenarios I obviously use my godlike intellect to trick miss Rousey into revealing herself as an alien infiltrator where upon I am obviously then justified to defend myself with superior fire power, then Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin descend from a helicopter to ask me to command a new international alien fighting secret organization. And that's how XCOM got started.

im pretty sure most people are smart enough to parse "don't hit a woman" as not being some iron clad rule that must be followed even if said woman is a legitimate threat to your life. The fictional heroes that take that concept as absolute are usually either comedically beaten up by a woman right after uttering that line, or so powerful that they immediately subdue any female character they come up against. "Don't hit a woman" is a general rule of thumb for not beating up on people that much smaller than you. It came from an era where it was more acceptable for similar strength men to punch each other when they got mad or wanted to settle their differences, but doing so to a woman generally ended up with serious damage being caused to only one side of the exchange.

I don't think I've ever met anyone that seriously thinks not hitting women applies to self defense against a real threat to their life. Laying a woman out full force for slapping you is one thing, I don't think anyone is going to look down on some average joe for defending themselves against a professional MMA fighter, or more realistically, a woman armed with a weapon who has actual intent to hurt you.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
In self-defence, where hitting someone is the only way to prevent an attack on you or some other innocent bystanders, then yes, doesn't matter who the attacker is.

Be surprised if anyone said gender made a difference.

Vanilla ISIS

Dec 14, 2015
Fieldy409 said:
All seems lost because you are just a normal soft and pudgy guy
What if I'm not?
What if I'm 200 lbs and have an 8% body fat?
What if I have a gun?

What I would do is attempt to do a (American) football tackle and after she would either dodge (likely) or take the hit (unlikely), I would just continue running until I'm out of there.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I doubt I would hit anyone in self defense. If I'm stronger than my assailant I can probably overpower them long enough to get away without actually striking them. If I'm weaker than my attacker trying to hit them will probably just get me beaten even worse.

Although I have been in the situation where someone weaker then me was hitting me with such determination that I was worried that I'd hurt them (or they'd hurt themselves) if I tried to overpower them. In that case I'd rather just let them hit me.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Yes I would take it. I don't give a damn about you being a woman. You want to try and hurt me then il give you equal attempt to protect myself regardless if your a boy or girl

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Holy shit. 100%?

I'm amazed.

But, yeah-

No question.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
This question as it stands is silly. Yes she's a hell of an athlete and a martial artist. But she's also half my size.

Anyway yeah I'd hit her as long as she was up for it, which it sounds like.