Poll: Would you like to play a video game set in your hometown/city?

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I'm sure that there's some Wild West game set in my home town... maybe set a couple hundred years ago.
Right here smack-dab in the middle of the U.S., we don't have a whole lot of excitement, but in the Wild West days, we were a pretty big deal.

Carbonic Penguin

Jul 7, 2009
If a game were to be set around Penrith, it would most likely be based on the newish Tv show The Riff. Which is horrible. No one would like it.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
I think Cleveland, Ohio would make a good post-apocalyptic game, if only because it already looks like a blasted hellscape. The adjacent suburb I actually live in, however, doesn't have a whole lot going on, so I doubt it could make a decent game.

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
Well I live in a pretty small town near a largish body of water, however, I am located a couple miles from an airbase, so yeah. It could really range as far as what type of game would be set here. And I would probably spend a lot of time around my house, just because I can (and it is in a good location for a couple types of games).

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Yes, and considering it's Sydney, I don't think it's that much to ask. Really though, GTA in Australia. You could graffiti the Opera House, have a gun fight on the arch of the Harbour Bridge. A cruise ship comes in and you have a mission on that. Eat kangaroo. Travel by kangaroo. Gang fights with lads and bogans. An Aboriginal faction with boomerangs as weapons. Be human if you think this is a great idea!

Looks like it's unanimous. Oh except XA42, sorry bro, majority rules.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Zhukov said:
omega 616 said:
Zhukov said:
omega 616 said:
Zhukov said:
Yeah, I guess, if only for the curiosity value and to see who would possibly want to set a game in Hobart, Australia. (That distant rumbling noise you can hear is all the other Aussies on the forum laughing at me.)

It would be pretty dull setting.
I thought Hobart was in Tasmania...?
Well, yeah, it is.

Tasmania is part of Austr... oh, I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.
Even I didn't see what I did thar.

I thought there might have been another Hobart I didn't know about. I know a girl who lives in Hobart and that's why I knew there was one on Tasmania.
Wait... you're aware that Tasmania is a state of Australia, right?

It's an island, but it's part of the country. Like the US and Hawaii... except colder and without any beaches.
I know, I know. It's like Ireland (well the northern part) and the UK.

It's just when people say Aus, I think of the big bit and not Tasmania. I consider Tasmania to be like New Zealand, it's own little place.

I know I am wrong but it's just me.

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
are you kidding? GTA Barnsley? who doesn't want to play a game where everytime you turn a corner you feel immediately intimidated by some dick loitering at a bus shelter?

joking by the way, it's not quite that bad