Poll: Would You Play Another Bioware MMO?

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Well I didn't play the current one, so... maybe? Considering their current situation of "not currently making another" we could speculate anyway we want.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
I would have to say no, but mostly because their current model of paying for a game AND THEN paying for a subscription to play that game is outdated. I don't see that changing either, AAA gaming works with one pricing model that doesn't translate well to the MMO world.

I don't care if their first attempt involved a stupidly ruined franchise, they couldn't pull anything off well. Even Blizzard wouldn't be able to make a different successful MMO. I bet even WoW is falling apart... losing more members, monthly, than they gain. Leave MMOs to companies designed specifically for supporting the bloated things.

Someone said World of Darkness, let's do that. Aeria or Iron Realms should do it though.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
I haven't played ToR, but now that it's F2P and a cheap pickup i'm definitely going to jump in and check it out. I still have great faith in Bioware - no idea if they can pull off a great MMO, but would definitely look closely if they ever tried again.

OpticalJunction

Jul 1, 2011
I plan to try TOR when it goes free to play, and I'd definitely try out another mmo by those guys. Bioware makes good games, period.

Fluffythepoo

Sep 29, 2011
i try everything.. except indie games, i only play popular indie games.. because most indie games suck