Poll: would you rather die right this second? or in a month?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
now I guess the obvious answer is a month right?

personally Id rather die now, I just dont think I could cope with the countdown (I know this is pretty morbid)

but anyway it just got me think about the "waiting" side of things, personally when it comes to things, not only somthing but but like a "yes or no" type situation I cant stand the waiting

like right now, I just finished a work trial for a nice job in an office, they will let me know tomorrow if me or the other guy will get it

its not the end of the world if I dont (and the other guy probably deserves it more, in fact Id feel kinda guilty if I did get it) but I really really wish I could just know now, as having this nagging in the back of my mind isnt fun

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Hmm tough question. The waiting would be awful but it would give me the chance to say goodbye and do some things I've always wanted to do. I'd probably go with a month though because of my fear of death.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Knowing exactly when you'll die would be pretty damn horrible, but at least you can try doing crazy outrageous stuff in your final days.

Ya know that episode of The Simpsons where Homer thinks he's gonna die, and makes a list of all this awesome stuff to do before then?

Yeah, exactly like that.

Kakujin

Oct 19, 2008
I'd rather die in a month, and just do whatever I damn well please during that month. Provided of course that I knew that it was exact and definite, wouldn't want to prepare a big death moment and then have it spoiled

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Good question, but I still think most of us would chose to live. Just live each day as though you have somewhere between 28 and 35 days, and any day after the 28th is a gift, sounds reasonable enough to me.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
Dude... more life. If I had the choice between eternal pain and death I'd pick the owchy option. I might want to change my mind later but I would not be a rational person at that stage.

Rational choice is choose life. Of course since I'm in no way ready for death it'd be hell, although maybe liberating as well. Blackjack and hookers time.

Dody16

Jan 24, 2008
If I were to die right now, I honestly think I would be content with my life. If I had a month, I would still be content with my life, the only difference is that I get to tell my friends good bye, the people I love that I love them, and probably at least attempt at making some musical compositions before I die, or write that book I've always wanted to. So, I would go for the month. Although I believe in an afterlife, it's something you can never really prove, and I would at least like a chance to do some things before I die.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I'd accept the dying in a month offer, and try to do everything I want to do before the time comes.

Give away my worldly possessions, watch lots of anime and other tv-series.
I don't know how well I could handle the countdown, but I think I'd try. At least if I know it's not going to be painful.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
A month. There are some things that need to be said to some people if I'm about to expire. Also, I got maybe 5 bullets on my bucket list that really need to be addressed.

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
I wouldn't wait around, I would literally grief the world into letting me do as I please. It might not be too succesful, but try I would.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
My life tends to be an endless parade of accepting the Faustian deal. So i'd choose to live for another month. Then, like the good Doctor Faustus, feel regret and desperation when the final hour inevitably draws near. But, you know what they say. Give the Devil his dues.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
I'd probably live out the month but it wouldn't be comfortable. I'm not in a position in life to do a whole lot of living. I'm pretty starved financially and I live in an area where there's not a lot to do. It would give me time to settle my mind on a few counts though and that's what I'd use it for.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
I've got enough cash to get train tickets and see all the people I love, so I'd go for the month.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Vault101 said:
now I guess the obvious answer is a month right?

personally Id rather die now, I just dont think I could cope with the countdown (I know this is pretty morbid)

but anyway it just got me think about the "waiting" side of things, personally when it comes to things, not only somthing but but like a "yes or no" type situation I cant stand the waiting

like right now, I just finished a work trial for a nice job in an office, they will let me know tomorrow if me or the other guy will get it

its not the end of the world if I dont (and the other guy probably deserves it more, in fact Id feel kinda guilty if I did get it) but I really really wish I could just know now, as having this nagging in the back of my mind isnt fun
"I choose to fie right now!" I'm a man of urgency. Let's fie, fuckers!

Now, what did I just choose?

OP would rather his existence end right this second than deal with a few hours of not knowing if he got a job? Perplexed, Yoda is.