Poll: Would you rather...

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
The person who knows everything! Because they'll know how I can most effectively take over the world, and know the location of someone who has everything! Best of both worlds!

Seriously though, still the friend who knows everything because that person would be incredibly fun to talk with.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
So Dr.Manhattan or Ozymandias :p?

Having a friend that knows everything would probably be a bit depressing and boring, but on the other hand having a friend that has everything would probably be egotistical and mad with his power. Choosing either would be cheating at life in one way or the other in my opinion but since I place knowing higher than ownership of material things I choose the friend that has everything.

h4xor555

Aug 25, 2010
Choice 2, he can help you get everything yourself, so you wont have to leech off of choice 1

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
SckizoBoy said:
This thread seems to be based on the pre-requisite that 'knowledge' isn't a possession and has no material value...

I disapprove... -.-
More or less what I thought. I was like "I'll take the guy who knows everything, because if he isn't going to profit from his knowledge, I will". If he doesn't have everything, he knows how to get it.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Friend that knows everything. I mean if you ever want anything the friend that knows everything will probably be able to tell you how to get it.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
I wouldn't mind either, true friends are rare and I don't really care how much knowledge or net-worth they have, just if we get along and they don't try to stab me. They both would be interesting to talk to because of how extreme and rare their mental statuses are. Anyone calling either a friend would experience some kind of benefit. So I guess I find both choices equal in value.

blazearmoru

Sep 26, 2010
Someone that knows everything but has nothing because first of all, one cannot utilize everything and without knowing what you want, everything is meaningless. Secondly and less importantly, knowing how to obtain anything you want defeats the purpose of having nothing.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
If the guy who knew everything truly did know everything he wouldn't have nothing. The society we live in is driven by money.

aivalera

Aug 30, 2011
I'm going to go with someone who has everything and knows nothing because I find it more fun to learn WITH someone than to be taught.

the darknees abyss said:
Infinite knowledge then i can take over the world mah mah mah.
And if that person stabs you in the back so they can take over the world? He/she knows everything, and I assume this also implies that they know how to use someone else.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Someone that has everything. It sounds selfish but i'd help him learn about the world and how to wisely spend his money when he isn't giving it to me. The friend that knows how to get everything wouldn't be much help since i'd still have to spend money/time trying to get what i want. That and it would be pretty creepy standing next to a naked kid who knows what you did last summer.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
I'd go with the guy who knows everything. I can't abide stupid people, and it's pretty easy to give the smart guy some of my stuff, help him out a little. Or is that not allowed?

I supposed if it is allowed, then it would also be allowed to just teach the guy who has everything some stuff, make him able to function independently.

If you can't teach or give them anything I'd still want the smart one. Then you can just hang out with a really clever naked person all day. I hope he/she is hot!

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
Can't I have both? I mean really, why can't I have 2 best friends?

and so I can commit to the joke I ask you, if I cannot have both friends and therefore must choose between the two...

Liham

Apr 17, 2009
Guy who knows everything, 'cause he'd know how to steal everything.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I know from experience that although I tend to be attracted to people who have nothing and know nothing, being around people who know everything and have nothing is beneficial for my personality.
I am not attached to material things too much, so it makes it easier for me to choose people that inspire me intellectually.

I do know of people who are born filthy rich but are dumb, and it just doesnt seem to work for me.