Poll: Would you restart your life?

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Oh, you poor souls, you don't accept the eternal return? Life will restart one more, and then an infinite times after that.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
No, I would not restart my life. Though there are some places where I'd want to Quick Save and Quick Load, as I've done many idiotic things I regret to this day. Also, a QS and QL-function would be very nice to have in a situation with multiple results.

kikon9

Aug 11, 2010
If I had no knowledge of my previous life, how would I know to make different decisions?

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Nope, life is pretty good.

And pretty much everything that's wrong is my fault. I made my own mistakes, and I want to see the hilarious consequences. There are so many plot twists in life, I want to finish this story before starting another.

akibawall95

Mar 30, 2010
CHIMP MAGNET said:
(You have no memory of your previous life and are born under the same circumstances.)
But it would be exactly the same.

With those conditions, no. But if I did have my memories then I would but wait untill the end to do it.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I would: 1. Not make fun of that girl that one time who killed herself years later.
2. Try to prevent September 11.
3. Invest in Apple or convince my parents to do so.
4. Get ahold of a copy of Space Station Silicon Valley.
5. Kick some kids' asses circa 6th 7th grade, regardless of consequences.
6. Befriend girls I really liked back then but never talked to.
7. Befriend the gay kid who hung out with all the hot girls.
8. Exercise / eat more during my puberty years.
9. Drop out of high school and get my GED.
10. Get a job sooner.
11. Pay for community college and try to get a scholarship to a university.
12. Get a real job before the economy collapses.
13. Hopefully have obtained a hot stable girlfriend thanks to number 6, 7, 8, and 12.

EDIT: I didn't read the fine print. This thread makes no sense.

bulbasaur765

May 1, 2010
I guess so yeah. There was bowling alley on the US Army Installation in Mannheim that had an arcade that had no equal. Tekken 3 (Large Cabinet) and a slice of pizza or nachos (with cola). Oh, and the bowling was fun as well.

I can't convey it exactly. You need to have to have been there.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
(You have no memory of your previous life and are born under the same circumstances.)
Then how would my restarted life be any different than the one I lived?

zz_

Jul 15, 2010
Yes, but not because I think I've made too many mistakes, more that it'd be funny to see what I could change.

Edit: this is assuming I remember this life ofc, what would the point be otherwise, you'd have the exact same life once over...

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
If you cant remember anything from your previous life, wouldnt it be like dying? In that case, no thanks.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
If i retained my memories but only reset to 10, yes. otherwise no, it's basically being killed off and having a carbon clone reborn.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Nope. Sure I have made mistakes I wish I hadn't made. But you can't dwell on the past. You have to learn from it and apply it to the present.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Perhaps....but then the only thing I'd do differently is fudge school since I know most of it will be useless by this point and also pick up an instrument as soon as I'm able to walk.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Without the ability to recall my previous life. No, I wouldn't restart my life.

However if I had all my physical strength, knowledge, and hindsight memories of my previous life. And then be able to learn new things with my new life. I'd do that. I could earn a living in foreseeing the future, and predicting what the large hadron collider will knock out.

Sep 14, 2009
Jonluw said:
Go through this shit again, and not be able to see the shit I've done up 'till now come to fruition?
No thanks.
this

my life is a movie i do not want to have to fucking sit through.

NEVER AGAIN.

if i had all the knowledge i have now, or learn it by the age of 10-12 so i'm not cheating that badly, then yeah i'd do it

(i've done some very very very stupid shit that could have been avoided so easily, so yeah i'd definitely go back to fix those very very tiny things that ended up blowing in my face long term.)

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
Well... Im finally at the stage of teenage suicide. But no, I wont start over, the things Ive done and experienced are too precious, even my mistakes have made me who I am, and even though lately I can only see the faults in myself, I know that there was once a self-loving narcissist in here, that believed suicide was for the weak...