Poll: Would you sacrifice graphics in a game for something else?

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
I've been playing teh KOTOR games recently. True, at first I went "lol the graphics!" but they're still very nice, and I'm more interested in the gameplay anyways. And if the graphics are lower then I might actually be able to play the game on my poor laptop >_> Gameplay, story, and characters are the most important parts for me.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
I don't actually need top notch graphics, and most of my favorite games are from 2000/2004 era so no. They can be even less than decent if the gameplay is allright or has nice new features. I can be pretty forgiving in terms of graphics.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
S3Cs4uN 8 said:
lunncal said:
Hell yes, this has been something I have wanted developers to do for a LONG time. Besides which they kind of have done it. Dwarf Fortress is made by 2 people, and yet it's a hundred times more intricate, complex, and all-round good than most AAA games just because all of the effort is put into game-play.

How much "Fun" have you had?
An awful, awful lot. Fun is the reason I'm playing it after all. If AAA games with pristine graphics were more fun I would be on them in a second. As it turns out, they are not... not even close.

The only thing I would change in Dwarf Fortress was mentioned by Legendsmith
Legendsmith said:
Yepp, all into gameplay. They've made a great game. But there are times that I wish they'd put some effort into the user interface.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Kingpopadopalus said:
krazykidd said:
I blew off the dust of my NES, played some old games and came up with this question. Would you sacrifice the graphics from our current generation games , for something else. Meaning if a developper decided to NOT polish a game graphically ( not necessaraly going back to 8-bit era ) but instead use the time and money to enhance another aspect of a game would that be a fair trade for you ? and if so what would you sacrifice graphics for ?
Graphics? really? Go watch extra credits: Graphics vs asthetics.
Really , not reading a thread properly should be a sin , im not saying graphics are important , or not important , i preferly dont care about graphics, hence why i said i blew off the dust off my old nes , a thing i would never have done if graphics were important to me , next time post an opinion , and answer the tread question before replying, thanks.

OceanBlue

Jun 5, 2011
I would, as long as the game had a nice and consistent art style and the important things (like a good story) were really well polished.
Best example of this would be The Longest Journey. It hurts my eyes everytime I look at it but it's still one of my favourite games ever regarding story and characters.

Kingpopadopalus

May 1, 2011
krazykidd said:
Kingpopadopalus said:
krazykidd said:
I blew off the dust of my NES, played some old games and came up with this question. Would you sacrifice the graphics from our current generation games , for something else. Meaning if a developper decided to NOT polish a game graphically ( not necessaraly going back to 8-bit era ) but instead use the time and money to enhance another aspect of a game would that be a fair trade for you ? and if so what would you sacrifice graphics for ?
Graphics? really? Go watch extra credits: Graphics vs asthetics.
Really , not reading a thread properly should be a sin , im not saying graphics are important , or not important , i preferly dont care about graphics, hence why i said i blew off the dust off my old nes , a thing i would never have done if graphics were important to me , next time post an opinion , and answer the tread question before replying, thanks.
I did. Watch the episode and you have my opinion. next time think before you post.